MAC Matchmaster-did you find your perfect match?

macgirl3121

SOS.gif
I've been keeping-up with this thread as much as I can...

QUESTION:

• Who is keeping the MM they bought, or is planning to buy MM after using the sample(s)?
  • Who is NOT? (and quick summary of/main reason why not?)

Can I get a "show of hands"?

anyone.gif

Thanks in advance!
So, I finally got around to trying this foundation. I'm an NC50 and decided to pick up 8.0. 7.5 may be better for the winter months because it seems that I have gotten a slight tan here is this Cali sun despite being faithful with my sunscreen. I guess if I didn't wear it I would be worse off. I'm actually liking this foundation. It hasn't oxidized on me, very little transfer and most days I don't even set it . I have another 2 weeks before my 30 days is up to find enough wrong with it to return it.

j4lyphe

i bought the 7.5 today after taking pics with it and liking the natural looking finish that it gives me. I just need a good setting powder for it. What are you ladies setting this foundation with? I was thinking of buying the Careblend powder even though I have combination skin that leans towards the oilier side...

BlissfullyYours

I'm the same shade. Did you ever find a good setting powder? The MUA used a Setting Powder in Deep but I am not sure if it was Studio/Careblend or Blot powder...but I told her I have dry skin so probably Studo/Careblend in Deep might work.

Shimmery

Match master did not work for me. My supposed shade turned me beet red and the shade below me was way to light.

Pikahime

I've been eyeing the Matchmaster foundation since it first came out. It sounds like the perfect solution for me considering the NC range is too... orange and the NW range makes me look pink. Someone described it as the NC/NW range fused into one so perhaps it'll work for me. If a 6 is an NC 42.. then a 5 would be NC 40 right? I want to pick up a sample of this tomorrow.

j4lyphe

So Ive realized that in the Spring and now in the Summer the 7.5 is wayyyyy too light for me...I'm thinking of getting 8 or 8.5 or buying the Mineralize Skin finish powder in Deep Dark which is way too red on its own for me...either that or mix it with my old Bobbi Brown longwear foundation that's too red/dark for me...

Nalini

So I bought the Mac matchmaster in 6.0 it was the perfect shade 2 days ago. I wore it to work and when i got home my face was completely tan! It oxidized and broke me out. I do love the foundation but if u have sensitive skin like me, beware... I will continue to use it once my face clears up again. To make sure it wasn't a coincidence to me breaking out from it. :(

Angel007

Hi I'm a newbie to this site. Wore NW45 for years bc that's the default shade most mac reps give black girls. Lol. My chest is SUPER LIGHT. My face is the darkest part of my body. Finally realized I'm not an NW at all but an NC. Somewhere between NC45 & NC50 but closer to 50. Match master is great for my SUPER oily skin in 7.5. 7 is much too light on me. I've yet to find a drug store shade that's just right on me. Either too light or way dark after it oxidizes on my face. But so far Matchmaster is working out ok.

megzjada

Hi all...Does MAC Matchmaster oxidise or get darker on skin...im trying to figure out which one i should get 7.0 or 7.5. I am barely a nc50, i just apply one layerlightly. I could be nc45, but right now im a bit tanned and nc45 seems quite a bit light, AND dull chalky ghost. Please assist...
If MM does oxidise, then 7.00 would be perfect...and i hear it adjusts. Im "spice" in Elizabeth Arden Satin finish. And spice in Revlon Colour stay. Also in ELDW I'm Sandalwood, applied lightly. Please assist

sagehen

^^if you read through the thread, several women who took the time to post reviews of transferability and oxidation in your shade range. I specifically remember @califabulous posting about this and conversing with someone else (can't remember who), but they talked about their powder choices, wearing with/without primer, etc.

Aileen G

I'm an NC 42-44, I have golden/yellow skin tone what color would you suggest in the Matchmaster? I've swatched the 6 is really light but the 7 looks really orange

megzjada

I'm loving matchmaster. I use two pumps, approximately in 7.5. In south africa is really hot in summer, so we bake. In winter I prefer Elizabeth Arden in spice. As I purchased it in winter. And it matched. Perfectly.

Latest posts