MAC Matchmaster-did you find your perfect match?

MAChostage

I'm NC44 and got a sample of 6.0. I'm wearing it on one side of my face this evening just testing it out. When I first put it on I thought, uh oh, I'm seeing a hint of orange. I've had it on for the past 3 hours and it looks like it is a perfect match. I'm going to wear it until bedtime and then take a final look. I like the feel of it.

sss215

here is my review that is also on the MM forum:

I tried this out today. I was going to this weekend, but I wasn't feeling good, so since had to go to work today, I thought I's give it a go.

I applied it with the 109, same brush that was used on me in the store, same brush I used to use for SFF. Applied like a dream, smelled like SFF, so no problems there. The only thing is that the color, 8.5 seriously had that MAC red/orange thing going on. I was instantly turned off and started to wonder about the color range. Like what colors are for the NCs in this new number system. I personally rather put the orange/red back in. That was the first thing I wanted to note was that I disliked the coloring. Application time was about 8am. I didn't use a primer. I wanted to try this on my skin alone.

A few hours later, about 10, I checked the foundation out in the bathroom mirror. My skin looked brighter, and it wasn't oily at all. I would have needed to blot SFF at this time. Inside the work environment, where there is AC, everything seemed to work out fine. Having a cold, I had to blow my nose a few times and the color is transferrable... I will take that into consideration, because there are products out there are are not and I rather invest in them. That can be a huge dealbreaker and I wonder why non-transferrable technology could not have been incorporated into MM. Winter is coming (HA game of thrones, i'm am so into that show and book, excuse me) and I hate when my foundation finds its way to my scarfs. MM is not going to workout in this aspect).

Another test was how MM was going to fair in the humidity. About 12:30, I went to lunch. It was humid out, and I drove around a bit, sat in the car and I really didn't feel any dew or anything on my skin. Curious, I looked in my review mirror and I didn't see any need to blot.; nor was my skin orangey-red. All I could think about was trying this foundation tomorrow, and really focusing on how it looks and how longs it lasts, how my skin looks, etc. I was so busy at work and I gave MM some attention, but not enough.

So cons are , I did not like the color it was when I applied it. It was weird because I could see a clear contrast between my skin tone and the color of the foundation. Its transferrable.

Pros: it didn't appear to stay the color it was when I first applied it. My pores also seemed to be handled. No need to blot. Color seems to change, but I have to monitor that more. Not sure if I like the coloring. I will look closer tomorrow.

I am going to try it tomorrow, because I am not 100% convinced, yet. I will say that the coverage was pretty good, I am not big into full coverage so it works for me.

califabulous

my gosh that was an awesome review. Please do tell about the non-transferrable foundations. I am so new to foundation. My first foundation purchase was revlon colorstay (oily) in caramel. I thought it matched well but when I took a pic it looked off. I have not cracked open my new bottle of MM yet. I had some oil thing happening today but I think it was due to the careblend powder. Interesting....

califabulous

Yes! I am between a NC45-NC50 and can also wear a NW43 (depending on the time of the year).
7.0 was a perfect match for me!

wow that's interesting. The MA tried 7, 7.5, and 8 on me today. 7.5 won again. 7 was way light and 8 was giving me ashy. Do you have any other foundations that you like and what color do you wear in them?

califabulous

I tried it out yesterday, along with face and body and left with face and body and a sample of 7.5. I loved how it looked in the store. When it comes to mac, I am always worried about breakouts. I also tried out the new Chanel and some MUFE foundations. SO we will see which ones I get.

what new chanel? i have never tried the face and body...

sss215

my gosh that was an awesome review. Please do tell about the non-transferrable foundations. I am so new to foundation. My first foundation purchase was revlon colorstay (oily) in caramel. I thought it matched well but when I took a pic it looked off. I have not cracked open my new bottle of MM yet. I had some oil thing happening today but I think it was due to the careblend powder. Interesting....
Make Up Forever Mat Velvet (80) and MAC Studio Sculpt (NC50) are both non transferrable. Studio Sculpt is not the best for oily skin, although I can wear it in the winter sometimes with no problem. Careblend over MM made my skin look gray. It was a mess. I think I want to try 8.0. In KarlaSugar's swatch it looks less orange than 8.5

http://karlasugar.net/2011/09/mac-matchmaster-foundation/mac-matchmaster-foundation-all/

califabulous

yes...it made me look ashy! lol. I was going to buy it before I really saw the ash and even MA stopped me and said.."no. real talk. It makes you look ashy." haha love an honest MA...

sss215

Day 2 of the foundation and I know I don't like the color and the way the foundation rubs off. Tomorrow I am going pick up a sample of #8 to remedy the color. As far as the foundation transferring, I am going to use either NARS loose powder in Mountain or MAC Select Sheer in NW50 to set. I don't know if that is going to make much of a difference. But I am willing to try because this foundation has kept my oily skin at bay. I like that. Also, the foundation kept my skin tone one color all day. Sometimes with foundation, I find some parts of my face tend to get oily or the foundation tends to fade a bit, leading me to touch up with powder during the day. I felt no need to retouch with this product. I really liked that. I am still on the fence about investing in the MM foundation, but I am noticing some good things about the technology in the product. I'm still testing and will report back.

Richelle83

I was matched with an 8, but 7 was a perfect match on my hand. My face feels good, no oil, not dry, but I don't feel like it is worth getting.

Meh, I just took some pictures with indoor lighting and I look tanned. 8 may be a little too dark. Yep, being outside is no different lol. And now I'm shiny...womp womp. Apparently she didn't realize I'm seriously red and putting on a foundation that is also red=no bueno.

BeautyByLele

Sometimes our hands are lighter than our face. . . You should try the foundation on your face to get the most accurate color match!!
I was matched with an 8, but 7 was a perfect match on my hand. My face feels good, no oil, not dry, but I don't feel like it is worth getting.

Meh, I just took some pictures with indoor lighting and I look tanned. 8 may be a little too dark. Yep, being outside is no different lol. And now I'm shiny...womp womp. Apparently she didn't realize I'm seriously red and putting on a foundation that is also red=no bueno.

Richelle83

^Normally that would be true, but I'm in doors all day so my hand and face are the same color. It's all good though, got plenty of other foundations to try!

sss215

Day 3, yesterday. I wore the foundation with everything, blush, powder, fix+. I only got a little oily on my forehead, but everything else was cool. Funny thing about this foundation is that it changes my blush color. I wore NARS Gina which is tangerine... My cheeks during the day were coral red or something. Today I wore Notable and my cheeks ended up the same color. CRAZY. I will have to wear some DS brand blush with this foundation if that is going to happen. I don't want to waste my good blushes on a color changing foundation!

Day 4: Today I wore 8.0 with MSFN. I was oily a bit in the morning, driving to work. I know it was the MSFN, cause that is what it does, in the humidity.During the day, the oil was kept at bay. I didn't blot. I do like this foundation for keeping the oil at bay. As far as color, 8.5 too red/orange, 8.0 to yellow. Of course the MA said to mix them, but I am not doing that. I am thinking about what to get. The 8.5 isn't too bad as it doesn't stay to red/orange throught out the day. Tomorrow I am going to set with Ben Nye Banana Powder, which is a pale, muted yellow. I hope that works!

sss215

Day 5: I applied the foundation (8.5), set with Ben Nye Banana Powder and I was pleased with the results. The banana powder took out some of the redness/orange, the foundation kept the oil at bay. I think its a good everyday foundation. It held up well. It think I am going to get it, it will be good for holiday functions when I am inside and its warm and the oilies start to come out. In the summer, I don't wear foundation, cause its too humid here. I would never look for foundation results in weather like that. So this works for me for the next 2 seasons I'll be in.

I will get it in a few weeks, there are a few more MAC items I want to haul and I will get my makeup done as well. I feel like all the money I spend on collections, its time to get some services! Unless I order online, I am going to get a makeover from now on with my purchases.

Copperhead

Day 5: I applied the foundation (8.5), set with Ben Nye Banana Powder and I was pleased with the results. The banana powder took out some of the redness/orange, the foundation kept the oil at bay. I think its a good everyday foundation. It held up well. It think I am going to get it, it will be good for holiday functions when I am inside and its warm and the oilies start to come out. In the summer, I don't wear foundation, cause its too humid here. I would never look for foundation results in weather like that. So this works for me for the next 2 seasons I'll be in.

I will get it in a few weeks, there are a few more MAC items I want to haul and I will get my makeup done as well. I feel like all the money I spend on collections, its time to get some services! Unless I order online, I am going to get a makeover from now on with my purchases.

Great! I saw a youtuber's review and she used the Banana Powder over hers as well.

MsChrys79

I'm a little confused now... I normally wear NC50 and when I went to get matched today I initially tried 7.5 it was a teeny bit dark to me not much but a bit red, so I tried 7.0 it looks a little light to me but all the MA's said it was perfect. it looks and feels good til I took a picture and OMG I look dead almost like a ghost... I've been wearing it for about 5 hours now and I don't know what shade I should have....so frustrating!

Latest posts