MAC and Iris Aphel Discussion

Mac-Guy

I love flocking theory, especially when applied to the world of fashion and beauty, where in the pursuit of the latest trend, individuals flock, flee, pull, and push such that the crowd moves through a physical analog medium of consisting fashion designs or color stories. It's also very prevalent in computer science, for example in Craig Reynolds paper on “Flocks, Herds, and Schools: A Distributed Behavioral Model" or Owen Holland & colleagues' essay "Beyond Swarm Inteligence: The Ultra Swarm."
In a nutshell, tt's the very basic principle of "collective behavior - follow my leader:" One person wants a products and all the other follow.
flower.gif

Piarpreet

I'm even more confused now about flocked lips. I'm jumping off this plane, and I'll come back in 2013 to attempt to understand it :)

LMD84

in my mind they come in a little pot like a paint pot and with their own mini lip brush too :) i usually hate applying with a brush but i bet a gel lippie would be nice with a brush :) ah i can dream!

My first taste of Inglot - todays specktra blog post

User38

Lou.. lol. Funny tho most of my prototypes are in pots cause there components are so malleable they kind of droop.. ha.

but there are gel lipsticks which we all used this summer but not from MAC.. Laura Mercier had the best, Dior had good ones, and Shiseido did too!

don't worry all.. flocky lips are in our not so distant future.. and the flocky lips is a velvet cluster for the mouth.

rockin

Apply clear gel to lips, then dip lips in pot of coloured flock. Blow excess away - voila! LOL

LMD84

Lou.. lol. Funny tho most of my prototypes are in pots cause there components are so malleable they kind of droop.. ha.

but there are gel lipsticks which we all used this summer but not from MAC.. Laura Mercier had the best, Dior had good ones, and Shiseido did too!

don't worry all.. flocky lips are in our not so distant future.. and the flocky lips is a velvet cluster for the mouth.
ha ha! so my wish could come true!!

Piarpreet

flocking lips sounds like u just made out with the cookie monster wearing lipglass. I give up.... on the concept.

OctoberViolet

tong.gif
You are too funny Piarpreet!!! I love Cookie Monster & I love cookies (Cookie Monster was actually one of my nicknames growing up).
Now I want to eat some cookies, Not sure I want to kiss Cookie Monster with lipgloss on, but... maybe.
angelic.gif

flocking lips sounds like u just made out with the cookie monster wearing lipglass. I give up.... on the concept.

Piarpreet

Do. not. talk. about. cookies...... *drools* I havent had any food yet... and I'm craving exactly that!

katred

Specktra Bestie

I think our attempts to explain this are making it worse. But I'm sure they'll be lovely. Have a cookie now.

aradhana

Apply clear gel to lips, then dip lips in pot of coloured flock. Blow excess away - voila! LOL

i used to have a lip palette from sephora that was basically a red lipcreme, and a red powder to be patted on top...great idea, but i found it too much trouble to do the two steps...in the end it went bad and i had to throw it away...it'd be great if they could do it in just one step!

missah

Both this and the Naturally collection are out the same day. My wallet has run away due to pre-destined abuse and emptiness:(

my tentative list:
- Pink Pigeon L/S
- Party Parrot L/S
- Flamingo L/S
- Silver Gull e/s
- Robins Egg e/s
- Early Bird e/s
- Howzat e/s

Latest posts