YSL Discussion Thread

awickedshape

http://girlzippy.blogspot.com/2015/04/ysl-couture-mono-eyeshadow-4-facon-11.html?m=1 http://www.sharkattackfashionblog.com/2015/04/review-yves-saint-laurent-couture-mono.html?m=1 http://www.instagramal.com/photo/yslprincejr/998156474473057827_1147798650

Medgal07

I put on LeBlanc serum, then the 50 spf (lightly), then the primer. Unless it is winter, then I use a moisturizer too. I have found using the sunscreen I do get a more glow look. But I refuse to help the production of age spots on my face. On the weekends I only use the LeWeekend lotion, no serum. Will see how it goes today. The texture of this new primer reminds of something in the food industry, but I can't remember what yet. Or may Vaseline when it sits out in the suns. Wait, that is it, clear KY jelly!!!!! No it doesn't feel like it. Just looks like it.
I'm miffed but not yet willing to throw in the towel. I'll omit one product from today makeup regimen. I need to use the medicated oil-free moisturizer because it gives me
a bit of a barrier between the primer and my skin. My skin doesn't always play nicely w/primers.

awickedshape

[COLOR=0000FF] I love some of those colors but I don't do well with monos---I tend to forget about my single eyeshadows and many go unused.  That purple is just gorgeous!!![/COLOR]
I've been more focused on palettes but I did get a few monos recently to give different effects

ashievic

I so agree I forget about the single shadows. I purchased Chanel Fall 2014 in the singles, I think I have used them maybe twice. Same thing for Armani ETK single have all 25 singles. Rarely use them. With those it is a bitch to remember what color is what number. Unlike MAC at least they have a clear top or Chanel has a color block on the back. I have written down the colors to the numbers, but I can't find it.

Medgal07

I so agree I forget about the single shadows. I purchased Chanel Fall 2014 in the singles, I think I have used them maybe twice. Same thing for Armani ETK single have all 25 singles. Rarely use them. With those it is a bitch to remember what color is what number. Unlike MAC at least they have a clear top or Chanel has a color block on the back. I have written down the colors to the numbers, but I can't find it.
Oh Ash I got those too-----Exaltation, Hesitation, etc., right?? I love them but I never remember them. Thanks for reminding me for today's pink look!!! My label maker
is my best friend but it only helps me to identify them--------it can't help me to remember to use them!!!

ashievic

Yes, those are the ones. Yet with the palettes coming from YSL in the Fall, Chanel might continue to sleep!!!!! Since wine, burgundy will be the rage for many palettes this Fall.

Medgal07

Yes, those are the ones. Yet with the palettes coming from YSL in the Fall, Chanel might continue to sleep!!!!! Since wine, burgundy will be the rage for many palettes this Fall.
I have a real soft spot for the burgundy family & have a MAC palette of 15 shades in the family but there's always room for more. The CT palette Vintage Vamp has
been on my WL for quite a while now.

Medgal07

And save you some money and hassle? Hardly lol
I know right!!!!
girlhaha.gif

ashievic

I have a real soft spot for the burgundy family & have a MAC palette of 15 shades in the family but there's always room for more. The CT palette Vintage Vamp has
been on my WL for quite a while now.
Me too. Stuck between the mountains and the desert and water shortage and the fires are raging, Looks like this will be a few weeks out here, ugh. But money for makeup, as I sweat my face off, literally.

Psych1

I put on LeBlanc serum, then the 50 spf (lightly), then the primer. Unless it is winter, then I use a moisturizer too. I have found using the sunscreen I do get a more glow look. But I refuse to help the production of age spots on my face. On the weekends I only use the LeWeekend lotion, no serum. Will see how it goes today. The texture of this new primer reminds of something in the food industry, but I can't remember what yet. Or may Vaseline when it sits out in the suns. Wait, that is it, clear KY jelly!!!!! No it doesn't feel like it. Just looks like it.
That's interesting you mention the primer reminds you of a food product. On Sephora, someone reviewed this primer as a bottle of very expensive "corn oil, silicone and perfume." Needless to say, she wasn't very happy with it. I'm guessing it's not the best formula for summer or for anyone with oily or combo skin. Just my guess though. And sidenote: sephora does have both the new primer and the new Blur Perfector in the pink compact available on their website. Was surprised to see them both in the new product section today.

ashievic

The primer really does look like KY jelly with gold flakes in it squeezed in to a jar. Like the liquor has in it. Not for hot weather use, unless there is serious a/c going on where you are going. If I had oily skin, not sure I would risk the chance of zits. Yes, I am so vain. I might try it out in the dead of winter though.

ashievic

It works the Weird Stuff if applied as Ms. Meddy suggested!!!! I used the applicator enclosed and patted, not rubbed the product on. Then I lightly buffed with the Artis 10. I only used it as a setting powder on T zone. It really lasted, and I didn't sweat it off. Now lets see if it will melt in the ga-billion temp I am working in !!!! Yes, while you all watch the wild fire in San Bernadino, I am there.

mysteereous

I want the Majestic Rose scent. It's a couple of hundred dollars. Quite pricey so now may be the time to get it. I have and love Black Opium. Really nice if you like sweet scents. I recently ordered untried a small bottle of Parisienne from sephora. Nice pretty floral for spring but not a must have for me.
Thanks for the recs! I added MAJESTIC ROSE and BLACK OPIUM to my wish list to check out at some point. Buying $$$ items with the discount is a great idea.

Icecaramellatte

Thanks for the recs! I added MAJESTIC ROSE and BLACK OPIUM to my wish list to check out at some point. Buying $$$ items with the discount is a great idea.
I picked up the Black Opium at Sephora some time ago. But I just saw yesterday that Nordies is now carrying it. Now as for Majestic Rose, I've only seen it at Bergdorf Goodman and Saks but it may be at a few other stores.

Icecaramellatte

YSL at Bergdorf instagrammed that they have the Metal Clash collection. The pic shows the eyeshadow palette with a silver or mirror cover, 3 rouge volupte ( I think that is the name), some kind of powder in a compact and 2 gloss voluptes. Is this the fall collection? Ooh I found more pics. I like this!

Psych1

Photos of YSL 2015 Autumn Collection http://www.atouchofblusher.com/2015/06/ysl-fall-2015-makeup-collection.html

Latest posts