YSL Discussion Thread

KiKi Kontour

MAC has something like that blur pink stuff, benefit too... I have tried that kind of product before. it does really work
Originally Posted by Psych1

Do you ladies just pat it on over all of your makeup (foundation/setting powder)? I wondered if some were using it as like a primer type product to prep/blur skin & pores.

I've barely used mine bc it felt sort of heavy & slippery on my skin, I may have used too much.
yea mac has the prep n primer smoothing something. it initially came in a compact but dnt know if it does anymore. I basically rubbed it along the areas of my face where my pores are more BAM to smooth em out but it IS more greasy to me. I have combo skin just fyi but MUFE smoothing primer is the best I've come across tho becuz it's more matte-y for me.

Medgal07

yea mac has the prep n primer smoothing something. it initially came in a compact but dnt know if it does anymore. I basically rubbed it along the areas of my face where my pores are more BAM to smooth em out but it IS more greasy to me. I have combo skin just fyi but MUFE smoothing primer is the best I've come across tho becuz it's more matte-y for me.
Yes, yes-------was that the MAC MAC Prep & Prime Skin Smoother? I remember that round compact and white
product, pretty much the consistency of the YSL Blur Perfector.

KiKi Kontour

Yes, yes-------was that the MAC MAC Prep & Prime Skin Smoother? I remember that round compact and white
yup that's it!!! then I can pass on the YSL but that other ysl primer with the gold flecks I do want

DLuxJessica

yup that's it!!! then I can pass on the YSL but that other ysl primer with the gold flecks I do want
My YSL samples come tomorrow with my order of my Embryolisse (I'm almost out). I'm looking forward to trying them out before the event on Sunday. That way, if I fall in love with either, I can pick it up Sunday morning.

Which, I went to RSVP today for the event and my usual store was "At Capacity!"
icon_eek.gif
So I called them and explained I'm VIBR and really wanted to come to that specific store, and they're going to manually input me onto the list. And I can still bring a guest. I might drag my husband if I decide I don't want to go alone. But seriously? At capacity? None of the other stores for like, 100 miles are at capacity. Good grief.

Monsy

Yes I was talking about that one

I am not liking the TE gold primer. Too much slip. Too much silicone. It's loaded. That shit slides of my face in two seconds and my hands I have to wash asap how sticky they are... It might work better during the winter

Psych1

Yes I was talking about that one I am not liking the TE gold primer. Too much slip. Too much silicone. It's loaded. That shit slides of my face in two seconds and my hands I have to wash asap how sticky they are... It might work better during the winter 
Yeah, I feel the same way about the Primer with the gold in it. Meh. I had a decent experience with it once, but overall I just didn't like it and was forcing myself to use the sample. The slippery silicone was just TOO much for me & the glitter flecks all over my face annoyed me. Lol, oh well.

Medgal07

Yes I was talking about that one

I am not liking the TE gold primer. Too much slip. Too much silicone. It's loaded. That shit slides of my face in two seconds and my hands I have to wash asap how sticky they are... It might work better during the winter
lmao.gif
I​'m using a really, really small amount and I'm loving it-----pretty much on the days that wearing makeup is bearable.

Medgal07

Yeah, I feel the same way about the Primer with the gold in it. Meh. I had a decent experience with it once, but overall I just didn't like it and was forcing myself to use the sample. The slippery silicone was just TOO much for me & the glitter flecks all over my face annoyed me. Lol, oh well.
I still haven't observed the gold flecks on me---I must be using so little of it they don't show up!

Psych1

[COLOR=0000FF]   I still haven't observed the gold flecks on me---I must be using so little of it they don't show up![/COLOR]
Lol, I may just be really sensitive to it. I used a tiny amount, bc it's so slippery, and somehow would end up with tiny flecks all over. I guess the sample I got from sephora must have been extra glittery

Vineetha

Yes I was talking about that one I am not liking the TE gold primer. Too much slip. Too much silicone. It's loaded. That shit slides of my face in two seconds and my hands I have to wash asap how sticky they are... It might work better during the winter 
I didn't get the full size but tried the sample and pretty much feel the same!! Probably my skin type!! But I am not really into silicony primers either!! The blur perfecter one, I tried patting along the t zone after foundation and it seems to have a nice blurring effect !! Not sure if I like it enough to invest in the full size though!! :sigh:

Monsy

well I am glad I am not the only one. and yes i can see gold flecks all over my face which i do not mind since i cover them with foundation anyway

i just think that this kind of silicone heavy formula is outdated. there are so many primers on the market with the never lighter improved formula without that much silicone (or no silicone at all)

yes this kind of formula was a HIT when it was first made and smashbox came out with their primer... but that was years ago

awickedshape

well I am glad I am not the only one. and yes  i can see gold flecks all over my face which i do not mind since i cover them with foundation anyway i just think that this kind of silicone heavy formula is outdated. there are so many primers on the market with the never lighter improved formula without that much silicone (or no silicone at all) yes this kind of formula was a HIT when it was first made and smashbox came out with their primer... but that was years ago
That'd be great

Medgal07

well I am glad I am not the only one. and yes i can see gold flecks all over my face which i do not mind since i cover them with foundation anyway

i just think that this kind of silicone heavy formula is outdated. there are so many primers on the market with the never lighter improved formula without that much silicone (or no silicone at all)

yes this kind of formula was a HIT when it was first made and smashbox came out with their primer... but that was years ago
Perhaps the gold flecks don't show on me because of my coloring
shrugs.gif
I feel left out now----**stomps feet---I want gold flecks---at least once!
girlhaha.gif

Latest posts