YSL Discussion Thread

Lyssah

Re: Any love for YSL rouge volupte lipsticks???

Quote:
I have all of the colors you mentioned but they are all so different. Do you want a pink lippie, a peach or a nude? If you can afford 3, I would go with the #1, #9, #13.... the reason is that these colors spread so well you can mix them beautifully. I often mix the #1 with the #9 and get a pinky mauvy color which is gorgeous.

I also bought the #5 (brown) for a mixer as well as the #17 for a hot tomato red.. obviously these are expensive so they are for personal use

I never even thought to mix the colours! That is a fantastic idea !!!
th_DANCE.gif

Quote:
After checking out sephoras site, I want #1 and #18, the bright red. I also think #2 and #4 look pretty. Not sure if #2 would suit me. Any thoughts on it?

I think the fuchsia one is gorgeous too, but I have more bright pink lipstick than I will ever use.

^^ Get the fuchsia one - you can justify it by saying "how may of your fuchsia lipsticks in such a fantastic formula"!!

SparklingWaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinaRose
I want one of these so bad!! But they are super expensive in Canada, I think around $50 after tax. That nude beige one is gorgeous! I think that will be my first, maybe I'll splurge when I go to Vegas.

How much are they in the states? I can't remember.

They are $34 here.

FemmeFatale

Awesome news...15% off all YSL at Saks online and in store until the 19th. Here is your chance to get the Rouge Volupte 15% off which is so great!!!

I have the code on my blog and the friends and family invite!!!

Enjoy!!!

ABB113

I got #1 Nude Beige last week and I LOVE it! It is so nice and moisturizing and the color is great :). Yesterday, I was by a Douglas....dangerous! I picked up #9 Caress Pink....very pretty....these puppies are expensive so not sure I'll be getting any more too soon (though with Saks F+F you never know lol), but these have become my new l/s loves for sure!

ABB113

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakurasamaLover
Can someone please describe how they smell?

To me, they smell kind of florally mixed with a little fruitiness lol...hard to explain
tong.gif

SparklingWaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinaRose
After checking out sephoras site, I want #1 and #18, the bright red. I also think #2 and #4 look pretty. Not sure if #2 would suit me. Any thoughts on it?

I think the fuchsia one is gorgeous too, but I have more bright pink lipstick than I will ever use.

It depends on how much beige you want with the choices of #1 or #2. IMO, #2 is a bit more on the beige side. I favor more pink to my neutrals, so I liked #1.

SparklingWaves

Quote:
^
So they don't smell like the Rouge Pur ones?

They smell similar to Touche Brilliance glosses. I think that's a good description -- floral type of scent. Sorry, I don't have the Rouge Pur to compare. Hmmm, they may all smell alike like MAC with the vanilla. It might be a trademark scent.
smiles.gif

Bellagigi

Quote:
^
So they don't smell like the Rouge Pur ones?

No, it's not the same scent. I agree with the poster who mentioned floral/fruity. I only smell the fragrance when I am applying the lipstick. Once it is on I can't smell it anymore.

ABB113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellagigi
No, it's not the same scent. I agree with the poster who mentioned floral/fruity. I only smell the fragrance when I am applying the lipstick. Once it is on I can't smell it anymore.

I agree with that
yes.gif

FemmeFatale

Another 15% off code for all beauty insiders at SEPHORA!! Yay, its actually all brands.

The code is in my blog! Enjoy girls! I know I will!

Girl about town

i read that the smell/taste is meant to be mango flavour hhhhhm, went to buy fetish pink and waited at the YSL counter in aa department store, and i waited and waited eventually had to leave without it grrrrrr want it so much x
th_LMAO.gif

FemmeFatale

Mango flavored?!?!? Really? i would say its more of a melon, specifically watermelon.

I just ordered #4 in Honey beige, Has anyone tried this one yet?

SakurasamaLover

Thanks for the information about the smell, I just cannot stand the rouge pur smell.

SparklingWaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl about town
i read that the smell/taste is meant to be mango flavour hhhhhm, went to buy fetish pink and waited at the YSL counter in aa department store, and i waited and waited eventually had to leave without it grrrrrr want it so much x
th_LMAO.gif

Oh, I hope you get it.

Wow, mango. Now, I have to put my sniffer back up to lipstick again to check that out.
smiles.gif

SparklingWaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by FemmeFatale
Mango flavored?!?!? Really? i would say its more of a melon, specifically watermelon.

I just ordered #4 in Honey beige, Has anyone tried this one yet?

I literally sat there and tried on every one of these beauties. I had an audience of five people that was giving a thumbs up or the thumbs down on the looks of each one. It was really fun.

I tell you-- there's not a bad apple in the bunch. It's just what looks fab on you. Honey beige got a thumbs down from the little audience on my skin tone.

There were two other lipsticks that got the thumbs up, but I was on a price constraint. Heavens, I might get those two yet. LOL

I hope to see what everyone gets.

ADDed thought:Thank you, FemmeFatale. You gave me an idea. My mother looks great in the colors that I don't. She loves lipstick and her Birthday is near. I know just what to get her. She will be floored.

Sabrunka

Mhmm they are supposed to smell like mango.. I mean, they smell okay to me, not EXCELLENT, but they do sorta smell sweet/fruit like. I have 5 of them now but I keep wanting morrrrreeeee lol... Like I said before, I've been getting mine from a GREAT seller on e-bay! They are from Hong Kong but the stuff is 100% genuine! Message me if you'd like to know their username!

SakurasamaLover

I was trying to figure witch one to choose I found quite a good a amount of swatch but a lot are so different prob because of lighting and camera...

Can someone please tell me if there is one more on the neutral pink/plum side ?

Girl about town

Quote:
I was trying to figure witch one to choose I found quite a good a amount of swatch but a lot are so different prob because of lighting and camera...

Can someone please tell me if there is one more on the neutral pink/plum side ?

i think the caress pink is more of a plummy pink, if you want neutral try number 1 or 2 x

Latest posts