YSL Discussion Thread

MissTania

Nars oxidized on me as well. The only foundations that haven't oxidized on me were Giorgio Armani, Guerlain, and YSL.

Sorry I forgot to reply when I was posting last time (in a rush whilst at work!).

Thanks for that information, I have a sample of a Guerlain foundation I have been meaning to try for a while, will give it a go soon. I bought the Hourglass Mineral Veil primer and it has been amazing, I hope it will help with the oxidization issues I have sometimes - if you have oily skin too, you must check out the Hourglass primer - it has made a huge difference. I raved about it in the Hourglass forum!

MissTania

Rinstar

elegant-one

Elegant:wavey:! Swatches are already available:

http://britishbeautyblogger.com/article/ysl-rouge-pur-couture-mats/

View attachment 53867

The new shades from bottom to top are: Lust For Pink, Wood On Fire, Red Clash, Nude Trouble and Coral Remix.
?
Btw, I have visited the D&G thread, I am thinking of getting Dolce Rosa and Mamma. Do you love them and do they remind you of any other lippies you have?

Hi sweetie pie!!! :flowers:

Ooh, those swatches are so pretty. Thanks for posting them. YES, I love both DR & Mamma, & no, I don't have anything like them. Mamma is really pretty on.

MissTania

Hi sweetie pie!!! :flowers:

Ooh, those swatches are so pretty. Thanks for posting them. YES, I love both DR & Mamma, & no, I don't have anything like them. Mamma is really pretty on.

I'm liking Lust for Pink (even though I have a crazy amount of fuchsias/hot pinks) and Nude Trouble which looks like a soft muted pinky coral.

I am glad to hear that DR and Mamma are Elegant approved:flowers: If they're good enough for you, they're good enough for me! :five: Let's go find some more new lippies to buy!:sail::drive::twirl:

OOOh Nude Trouble is really pretty!!

It is! I want to see a heavy swatch and a lip swatch, it looks unique to me!

ashievic

Pre-ordered the sparkle black, purple and green mascara from YSL website. Have the pink mascara that was not sold in the States from spring 2016.

ashievic

The mascara is hitting NM in June. I have also found their color corrector is fab. I put it on after my primer, before foundation. The green one makes my pink around my nostrils from the scars of the car accident disappear. I have backup, since I have no clue how much stuff is in the pen thing. The Guerlain primer with the tiny pink balls helps with the scars too, better then any other primer I have used.

AnneAntz

Thank you for your swatch. I just ordered Fire Opal. I am between nc25-nc30. Do you think this shade will work. Im scare it will be too orange and dark for me. Thanks

Got my YSL bronzer in Fire Opal today and it's beautiful but it barely shows up on me (NC40). I should have bought Jasper instead but I thought it might have been too dark. However, I adore the way it blends on my skin. It's a beautiful product. Hope my swatch can help anyone.

View attachment 53747
View attachment 53749

Tatiana87

Thank you for your swatch. I just ordered Fire Opal. I am between nc25-nc30. Do you think this shade will work. Im scare it will be too orange and dark for me. Thanks

I don't think it's very orange on me but maybe I love it too much that I'm bias. My swatch was a bit heavy because the bronzer tends to blend with my skin tone and I had to build the color for the picture/swatch. Maybe that's what making the bronzer look more rich and deep. But since you're lighter than me it would probably work more for you than me with a soft hand. The bronzer also has some soft shimmer but when you apply it you can't see it and it blends so well. HTH

ashievic

New mascara up at Nordy's. I ordered them all. Have no patience. The green is the hot seller. YSL put my entire order on hold, since the green is on b/o until God knows when. Unless I wanted to pay an extra shipping fee. So I canceled it and stalked Nordy's. Thinking I "need" the new Revive shadow release. Although I never wear the other 2 I own. Wonder if Nordy's will have the new TF Black Orchid makeup for their annual sale????

fur4elise

YSL-Vinyl-Couture-Mascara-2016-1.jpg

What voodoo is this!?! I see ashievic already discovered it! ;) ~ YSL Mascara Vinyl Couture! Sigh...not sure I can throw down $29 a pop! But they sure are pretty!

Sabrunka

Lol! I came here to talk about the mascara as well... I may buy one today, but I'm not sure which one?! Help?! I have very light teal eyes... I was thinking Aubergine. I would get more but I'm kinda poor right now lmao.

Latest posts