YSL Discussion Thread

LLVV

������ Yayy!!
I picked up 49 rose Saint Germain from the volupte shine !! Hoping it isn't going to be too sheer!!

I have a few of the new colors and love them. They aren't sheer at all. The formula is pretty on par with the older volupte shine lipsticks. I actually ordered Saint Germain a few hours ago because I'm very happy with the colors that I've already purchased.

Pippilotta

Anyone else here got the new YSL Touche Eclat foundation?

I was repeatedly told by Nordies chat AND YSL customer service that there is no shade change, so if you are a B40 in the old formula, you are supposedly a B40 in the new one.

NOT CORRECT. Not for B40 anyway.

I received the new B40 today and boy is it DARK. Like 1.5 shades darker.

I tried B10 today and had the same experiene. It's far darker and more red than the old one. :-(

starletta8

Is anyone else actually using the face powder from Spring?

I've been using it just so I didn't have yet another powder sitting around to look at... I'm not sure if I really see much of an effect. Just me?

Pippilotta

Is anyone else actually using the face powder from Spring?

I've been using it just so I didn't have yet another powder sitting around to look at... I'm not sure if I really see much of an effect. Just me?

I use it for highlighting. And for blurring my blusher if I have been too hard handed when I applied it.

fur4elise

20160226_175319-01_resized.jpeg
View attachment 52579

Okay ladies. I originally went to swatch bite lippies but my fav. mua was not working :( so no go. They will be out next week.

I also wanted to swatch a few high end brands. :) As much as I thought I would love & go for the Dior products, I did not. Ugh. The Lip Addict tubes were muddled & obviously old. Just yuck!

To my surprise the YSL really appealed. Colors, packaging & finishes. :)

Rouge Volupte #29 Opera Rose (top swatch) ~ Creamy & pretty. Made me think of bite Sorbet featured on beauty look book. I really want to find that bubblegum pink that would suit me. Thoughts on this formula?

Rouge Pur Couture Fuchsia Heroine & Le Fuchsia (top & bottom ~ I am not sure of the numbers as they were listed differently in store than online. Again the in store display seemed kinkywampusn & out of order) ~ I was drawn to these 2 colors & the finish. Thoughts on Rouge Pur Culture?

fur4elise

YSL has great lipsticks

Sephora_Goodies_Feb.jpg

^^^^^So I went ahead and purchased to lippies. Rouge Volupte - Silky in #9 Caress Pink & Rouge Pur Couture in #19 Fuchsia. The Volupte while I love the color, the creaminess and the feel of the product, it has an odd scent and the taste (like off olive oil)...ick. So I have to return that one. :( The Pur Couture, I love the color and the smell & taste are pleasant. Again like the Dior compact, I love how solid, heavy and pretty the YSL packaging is. The lipstick just feels special. :heart:

fur4elise

yeah a watermelony scent esp the YSL rouge volupte ones! Thats one fragrance i have difficulty with ! i dont mind fragrance/scented a lot but volupte :oops:

I was hoping it wouldn't bother me, but...on the fun side I get to go back & pick something else ;)

awickedshape

The black and gold compact (the Ink in Cushion compact) and the pink and gold compact (blur perfector) are so lovely. I wish those products were of use to me lol

Last edited:

Latest posts