YSL Discussion Thread

Sabrunka

LOL yes it does mean that!! I remember around Christmas time I really wanted to try Turkish Delight LG by NARS and I had honestly like.... 2 dreams a week about it haha same with the orgasm blush, and I got them, and the dreams stopped :p

Girl about town

ah nars turkish delight is my HG lipgloss but the powers that be don't want me to have it!!!, i have lost 3 of them in last 4 months on nights out!!! ggrrrrrrrr will need to rebuy it though!
angry.gif

Yushimi

I got the #7 and #1 lolz.
I kinda keep it away from the MAC MU bag or else I feel guilty
tong.gif

One MU bag for YSL. One MU bag for MAC hahaha.

Those l/s you gotta be careful, they melt even more easier than MAC l/s
ssad.gif
I would know. (Learnt it the hard way)

Lyssah

Ladies, I can only afford 3 of these for now.. and I'm trying to decide on #7 (lingerie pink), #1 (nude beige), #3 (fetish pink), #13 (peach passion) and #9 (caress pink).

Which of these have you seen/like/think would suite someone with pale skin and dark hair/eyes? #1 and #7 really seem like my type - but i'm interested to hear what you ladies think!

FemmeFatale

These are my favorite lipsticks EVER! By far from HG of lipsticks.
#1 Nude Beige is UNREAL. I just did 2 reviews on my blog. Check it out.

The first one I did, I swatched Lingerie Pink and Nude Beige. The second review I did was Nude Beige VC Bare Slimshine. Two HG nude lipsticks.

I can not gush enough about YSL Rouge Voulupte.
smiles.gif

FemmeFatale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl about town
I have found the most gorgeous smooth densely pigmented lipsticks ever, the rouge volupte lipsticks from YSL. i bought n07 lingerie pink (kind of like snob mixed with saint germain) no 1 nude beige (like a more pigmented 3n lipstick)
and no 13 peach passion (really unique peachy coral)
i love love love them all they make your lips look amazing and the colour is amazing!!!
Anyone else loving these and what shades do you love???

YUP!!!!!
th_worship.gif

Lingerie Pink and Nude Beige are my HG's of lipstick. If I could only wear one lipstick for the rest of my life it would be Nude Beige by Far!!!!!
yahoo.gif

Sabrunka

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxaemia
Ladies, I can only afford 3 of these for now.. and I'm trying to decide on #7 (lingerie pink), #1 (nude beige), #3 (fetish pink), #13 (peach passion) and #9 (caress pink).

Which of these have you seen/like/think would suite someone with pale skin and dark hair/eyes? #1 and #7 really seem like my type - but i'm interested to hear what you ladies think!

Howdy!! I would definitely suggest #1, #9 and #13. I love those three!! I'm fairly pale with quite dark hair and I own all of those and they're wonderful
smiles.gif
Lingerie pink is a very pale barbie type pink.. So if you like that, substitute it for the #13!

SparklingWaves

Quote:

I tested them out at the counter and I purchased the ones that would be more in the cool tone family. I have the following: 1, (nude pink) 7,(light baby pink) 8, (brighter pink) 10, (Fuchsia color) & 12 (burgundy color). Note: The colors in the ( ) are my description and not the actual names.

It really depends on what level of color you want and the tone. I am NW15 and I like the blue or cool undertones. Anything peach, coral, brown, beige, or tomato red really doesn't look good on me at all.

There was one rose tone that I wanted and didn't get. Also, there was a red that wasn't blue based enough for me, so I passed on it.

The best way to test is in person. People have different pigment to their lips and that can really change how these colors play up or down on them.

There really is a nice selection. There are ones that are total nude beige, peach, coral pink, to a tomato red.

Bellagigi

Any love for YSL rouge volupte lipsticks???

I adore these lipsticks! I was just telling someone the other day about them. They are hands down the best formula in a lipstick that I have ever owned. I've got three now, all in the pinks/mauve family. I would love to get some of the nude/beige ones. I've ordered mine online and will buy the next colors at the counter. One of the colors ended up being bad for me. They are too pricey for me to make that mistake again. But one mistake still made them worth it for me. For anyone interested go by the counter and give one a try. I don't think you will be disappointed if you can find your color.

SparklingWaves

Re: Any love for YSL rouge volupte lipsticks???

These are ones that I was talking about earlier. I just put their numbers that was on the bottom of the lipsticks.

DSCF6880.jpg

DSCF6878.jpg

#12 Forbidden Burgundy

DSCF6875.jpg

DSCF6874.jpg

#10 Provocative Pink

DSCF6873.jpg

DSCF6871.jpg

#8 Fetish Pink

DSCF6868.jpg

DSCF6867.jpg

#7 Lingerie Pink

DSCF6865.jpg

DSCF6863.jpg

#1 Nude Beige

FemmeFatale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie
#2 is great too! A pale nude/pink.

yep #2 is next on my list to buy. I am going to go to sephora next week and get that baby.

Lyssah

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklingWaves
These are ones that I was talking about earlier. I just put their numbers that was on the bottom of the lipsticks.

Thank you so much - this was SO VERY helpful! I love them all!
graucho.gif
sneaky.gif

LatinaRose

I want one of these so bad!! But they are super expensive in Canada, I think around $50 after tax. That nude beige one is gorgeous! I think that will be my first, maybe I'll splurge when I go to Vegas.

How much are they in the states? I can't remember.

Girl about town

if i could only ever wear the one lipstick ever, it would be nude beige it is perfect in every way i really think it would suit everyone!!!
im going to buy no8 for definite tomorrow have been wanting it for a while but need it even more now after the above pic!!!

Hikaru-chan

I'm getting #1, #2, #7, #13 I've wanted them for almost a year but I hate the price even with my staff discount.

User38

Quote:

tong.gif
I have all of the colors you mentioned but they are all so different. Do you want a pink lippie, a peach or a nude? If you can afford 3, I would go with the #1, #9, #13.... the reason is that these colors spread so well you can mix them beautifully. I often mix the #1 with the #9 and get a pinky mauvy color which is gorgeous.

I also bought the #5 (brown) for a mixer as well as the #17 for a hot tomato red.. obviously these are expensive so they are for personal use
th_DANCE.gif

User38

oops, add #11.. which is a fabulous burgundy
smiles.gif

LatinaRose

After checking out sephoras site, I want #1 and #18, the bright red. I also think #2 and #4 look pretty. Not sure if #2 would suit me. Any thoughts on it?

I think the fuchsia one is gorgeous too, but I have more bright pink lipstick than I will ever use.

Latest posts