MAC - Shop Shop Shop / Cook Cook Cook discussion

StarrySim

Awww I'd love to, but I actually have a job interview tomorrow afternoon (slightly more important than a MAC release). The only event I've ever been to was for Venomous Villains, and that was kinda cool. That was when I lived in Toronto though, it's so much harder staying downtown late now that I live out in the 'burbs. Booo

Just another shout out for anyone in Toronto who might be interested in coming to the event at Eaton's tomorrow. =) Even if you can't get anything (like me! =X) free drinks and hors d'oeuvres are hard to turn down! Hopefully I can snag some decent swatches tomorrow. Apparently it's getting pretty full.

baghdad81

Just another shout out for anyone in Toronto who might be interested in coming to the event at Eaton's tomorrow.  =)  Even if you can't get anything (like me! =X) free drinks and hors d'oeuvres are hard to turn down!  Hopefully I can snag some decent swatches tomorrow.  Apparently it's getting pretty full.
I am going :bouquet: !! What time are you going? I'm on for 8 pm (they were already fully booked for 7/7:30). I will be the geeky girl with the big rayban wayfarers and red bag lol!

Minnie1

Hi, I'm new here, I know many of you are going to events tomorrow evening, i am going to the one in Scarborough and I've never gone to an event before so I was wondering if someone could explain the proccess on how things go. I have an appointment at 8:00, y do I have to have an appointment?, and what do they mean by specials and giveaways?..do I get my makeup done?...sorry for all the questions I just have no idea what to expect..
thanks to anyone who can explain these things..

Amanda

Christy0188

Hi ladies I'm new here:) I have a question: Does anybody know if you can back 2 Mac for the lipsticks in this collection? I have 18 empties but not sure to take them with me:( I'm afraid they might say no to me:(

Yushimi

I have a question: Does anybody know if you can back 2 Mac for the lipsticks in this collection? I have 18 empties but not sure to take them with me:( I'm afraid they might say no to me:(

You should call your local MAC to double check. Seems like some stores are allowing B2M and some are not. Doesn't hurt to call.
heart.gif

sinergy

Just got my confirmation call, and was annoyed to find out that my local store won't accept B2Ms for the lippies even though they're not in special packaging, just special boxes. Boo!
thmbdn.gif
Still going to get Watch Me Simmer and Hush, Hush, but that'll be it. Maybe I'll pick up Pillow Talk and (finally) Brun with my B2M stuff then.

yea the counter im going to is different each time i go. lol once i was only allowed to b2m for slimshines and when i called the other day she told me they can only take 12 pieces for b2m and it can only be permanent lipsticks. So no LE even if its regular packaging unless i go to an actual free standing store. she said something about partnership stores (may have gotten that word wrong, but basically the counters inside the dept. stores) are limited to only lipsticks, and regular stores glosses, shadows or lipsticks. so boo. i dont know what i want or need from permanent line. was hoping i could get a few of these lipsticks with that, but o well ill find something =)

aradhana

hmm...i got a call from one of the mac counters i sometimes go to inviting me to an event for MAC shop....but it's all the way in mid-feb! Does that mean they're releasing cook and shop separately?
anyway, the salesperson told me it's supposed to be an extension of MAC Barbie? First I'd heard of that...

katred

Specktra Bestie
hmm...i got a call from one of the mac counters i sometimes go to inviting me to an event for MAC shop....but it's all the way in mid-feb! Does that mean they're releasing cook and shop separately?
anyway, the salesperson told me it's supposed to be an extension of MAC Barbie? First I'd heard of that...

Out of curiosity, which counter was it? I think I heard that they're doing some kind of event at The Bay, but it might have been in conjunction with one of those larger Bay events that all the counters participate in. As far as it being an extension of the Barbie line... News to me too. I guess the models in the photos kind of look like Barbies...

singer82

thud.gif
The Shop Drop quad looks amazing! The lippies look great as well. Is it just me or does Quick Sizzle kind of look like Petals and Peacocks? I've always regretted not getting it (heck I've regretted missing out on most of that collection.) Or does it look darker?

Latest posts