MAC - Shop Shop Shop / Cook Cook Cook discussion

ladyarwen

OK, I'm studying the shot of the promo pic, and I'm wondering about the pots to the left of the quads. The orange and pink ones are the same size, while the reddish brown one is bigger. Are the orange and pink ones cream color bases and the reddish brown is a blush, or maybe the opposite? Anyone have any insight?

elegant-one

Geesh...I was in the Chanel thread & heard you guys screaming with excitement...Cremeblend Blushes, Quad & Tendertones!
greengrin.gif

elegant-one

OK, I'm studying the shot of the promo pic, and I'm wondering about the pots to the left of the quads. The orange and pink ones are the same size, while the reddish brown one is bigger. Are the orange and pink ones cream color bases and the reddish brown is a blush, or maybe the opposite? Anyone have any insight?

I'm guessing that the smaller orange/pink ones are the Tendertones.

liba

Geesh...I was in the Chanel thread & heard you guys screaming with excitement...Cremeblend Blushes, Quad & Tendertones!
greengrin.gif
AND Kissables.....

I'm actually a little WTF about including Kissables here along with lipsticks AND Tendertones AND Cremeblend blushes. Cremeblend blush is something I'd expect to come around about once a year or so, like lip gelees. It's a popular product that lots of people like, but has a certain seasonal aspect to it. Same thing for Tendertones, if not more so. To also stick Kissables in there with these once a year, seasonal things, cluttered up on top of them in a huge collection doesn't seem right to me, considering it's much less of a seasonally oriented finish and it's such a good product on its own. Why lump it in together, rather than building a separate collection around them where people will come out for them specially? It seems like they'd just get lost in the mix like this.

After thinking it over, my only explanation is that perhaps we're going to see more Kissables more often as a compliment to a variety of collections, like how it's already done with Cremesheen Glasses. I really hope this is the explanation, at least! I frikken love them so much.

elegant-one

Aren't the Tendertones in glass jars though? I think those are in the bottom page next to the Fluidlines.

Ok, looked again. I see what you're saying. Looks like the Tendertones are on the bottom page just above the np bottles. What you're talking about might be eyeshadows & then a ccb blush or something next to them? :)

liba

I took a look too and I'm thinking it's probably one of the Cremeblend blushes that got laid out in the spread incorrectly sized, especially since the Shop Shop Shop products are definitely grouped together separately from the Cook Cook Cook ones.(or else I'd think maybe a new Careblend bronzer).

Mac-Guy

AND Kissables.....
I'm actually a little WTF about including Kissables here along with lipsticks AND Tendertones AND Cremeblend blushes. Cremeblend blush is something I'd expect to come around about once a year or so, like lip gelees. It's a popular product that lots of people like, but has a certain seasonal aspect to it. Same thing for Tendertones, if not more so. To also stick Kissables in there with these once a year, seasonal things, cluttered up on top of them in a huge collection doesn't seem right to me, considering it's much less of a seasonally oriented finish and it's such a good product on its own. Why lump it in together, rather than building a separate collection around them where people will come out for them specially? It seems like they'd just get lost in the mix like this.

After thinking it over, my only explanation is that perhaps we're going to see more Kissables more often as a compliment to a variety of collections, like how it's already done with Cremesheen Glasses. I really hope this is the explanation, at least! I frikken love them so much.

No collection editing here, huh?! Oh well, at least I can buy everything at once...

Mac-Guy

I took a look too and I'm thinking it's probably one of the Cremeblend blushes that got laid out in the spread incorrectly sized, especially since the Shop Shop Shop products are definitely grouped together separately from the Cook Cook Cook ones.(or else I'd think maybe a new Careblend bronzer).

pompom.gif

Mac-Guy

Looking at the collection, it seems like I will do a lot of Shop Shop Shop (quads, lippies) and a little bit of Cook Cook Cook (careblend). Just like in real life.
cheerleader.gif

xasperadastra

Kissables! and bright Cremeblend Blushes! This whole collection looks fantastic - very early 80's Italian Vogue!

I've been wearing Joie de Vivre a lot lately - couldn't quite tell if it was being re-promoted, but there's a color in there that'd be fine as a replacement, which I'm gonna need

It's really a 80's collection! I love it <3<3<3

So this collection has special boxes but black packaging... am I right??

iheartangE

Usually I don't get super excited for summer collections (I'm so much more of a fall girl) but this looks beautiful! I'm loving the color schemes and I always adore Tendertones!

Can't wait to find out more information on all that's coming out... :)

SweetJoy

So this collection has special boxes but black packaging... am I right??
I was wondering that too. Looks that way. Will pro discount apply then or no?

Is it just me or is the name slightly....sexist? From the graphics it seems like MAC is doing some sort of ironic hipster thing. The stereotypes of women shopping and cooking are usually lumped in with the expectation for women to be feminine and demure, but then BAM, here are some bright colours. In YO FACE society. Shop shop shop/ cook cook cook = female empowerment collection?

I might be looking too deep into this. Poli sci students tend to see veiled political messages in EVERYTHING. But feel free to use feminism as an excuse to buy more from this collection. I know I will.

ladyarwen

I keep staring at the quads because there are actually some BRIGHT COLORS in them. I need to get at least one.
th_thstars.gif

xasperadastra

Is it just me or is the name slightly....sexist? From the graphics it seems like MAC is doing some sort of ironic hipster thing. The stereotypes of women shopping and cooking are usually lumped in with the expectation for women to be feminine and demure, but then BAM, here are some bright colours. In YO FACE society. Shop shop shop/ cook cook cook = female empowerment collection?

I might be looking too deep into this. Poli sci students tend to see veiled political messages in EVERYTHING. But feel free to use feminism as an excuse to buy more from this collection. I know I will.
great point!!!!!!!! you really have cought the spirit of this collection Imo!

Mac-Guy

I hope so!

Latest posts