Maybelline Color Tattoo

2browneyes

Just picked up 2 of these new Color Tattoo 24 hr shadows from CVS. They're reminiscent of paint pots. They come in a few colors. I picked up Tough and Taupe and Fierce & Tangy. I'm definitely going back to get the others. Then I'll be able to write a little more about them :) I can say that they're creamy and pretty opaque. You can tell from the pick below. F&T is on the top and TaT is the bottom swatch.

saintifying

i really wanna try these, i thought they were eyeliners but now i know they are e/s i want! i love cream e/s. :)

2browneyes

I bought more....all they had except for a pale gold one that someone opened, used and left on the display smh I'll try to remember to swatch them and post. The color payoff is really nice and the staying power is great! When I ran my hand under water after the swatch above, it didn't budge. I had to lather up and give a good rub. That's a plus for the 24 hr claim. I'll have to apply them to my lids to give a more accurate opinion tho. If you get them, let me know what you think Saintifying.

mac_aiken

I haven't been able to find these yet but I did find the new L'Oreal Infallible ones. Love them!

Allura Beauty

I put up swatches in the Maybelline thread and did a review & video on these, if you'd like to see them. Here are a few:

I think these are great quality. There are a lot of high-end brands that sell cream eye shadows that don't come anywhere near as close to these. And they really do last a loooong time without any creasing.

naturallyfab

the swatch on the left is Tough as Taupe (the right is the new bouncy blush in 05)
They feel remarkably similar to the paint pots - I really hope these turn out to be great! I may never buy another paint pot again, blasphemous as that may be!

dancinbluegirl

I'm sort of hoping that they'll go on a 40% sale soon so I can indulge in them. I am hoping they'll come out with a shimmery taupe or silver brown color. A lot of the colors look so similar to the MUFE Aqua Creams

Nicala

I'm in love with the color tattoo shadows. Here are my swatches:

L-R: Tough as Taupe, Bold Gold, Bad to the Bronze

silentstorm143

I love these shadows/bases I got the green blue and purple one omg they are amazing and I am def gonna buy the rest of them. My eyes are very oily and crease like a mofo but these ahhhh I have no problem with them they stay put until I take them off and can be built up to intensify the color. maybelline you done good :)

coffee1

I really like these so far, I picked up tough as taupe and bold gold. The lasting power is awesome. I've been using my mac 217 to apply, it blends as it applies which is nice since they dry down so fast.

Haven

I purchased two, asphalt & green, at Target (I got the last 2 Tattoo shadows in that store). I then went to Rite Aid for something else and ended up buying a couple more colors. I have swatched them, and as others have mentioned they do seem to be great products. Tomorrow I plan on trying a couple of them out to see if they last the entire work day. I will probably use them as a base - similar to a paint pot. I really hope that they are as good as the paint pots.

I also picked up one of the new bouncy blushes and long wear glosses. I haven't bought any Maybelline products for a while, but these products did catch my eye.

I think that the Tattoo shadows, along with the Revlon lip butters, are probably going to be some of the best drugstore brand products that I have purchased in a long time.

DanceLovesMAC

I'm usually not a drug store gal, but after hearing all of the buzz about these I went to Ulta to pick up a couple colors. The display was practically empty but I managed to get Pomegranate Punk, and Tenacious Teal. I swatched them once I got home and got super excited. After that I saw Temptalia's review & I went on a hunt to find them all, lol. (They are BOGO %50 at Walgreens & Ulta right now) I love the formulation, very comparable to MAC paint pots. The only one that had some pigmentation issues was Painted Purple, however if it's used as an e/s base it's really not a problem. I wore Pomegranate Punk as an e/s base under a Pinky/Purple smokey look yesterday and it worked great all day. After a 4 hour dance rehearsal, plus running around doing errands in Chicago's mucky windy weather, no fading or creasing 14-Hours later. I'm so glad I've found a cost effective item to help stock my kit.

mac_aiken

I just added the white one (Too Cool) to my collection. It seems a bit sheer. Any suggestions on the best way to wear it?

coffee1

I'm interested in picking up Too Cool to use as an eyeshadow base, to help colors "pop" - have you tried wearing it like that?

LMD84

these need to be coming to the uk and very very soon! they look amazing and a great alternative to paint pots and aqua creams which have a much higher price tag!

DanceLovesMAC

I'm interested in picking up Too Cool to use as an eyeshadow base, to help colors "pop" - have you tried wearing it like that?

I tried using Too Cool in a similar way but I didn't like the results. I tried using it as a base for Goldmine e/s and it just did not turn out as planned. I've found that since the Color Tattoos are so pigmented and shimmery that they kind of peek through the shadows that are layered on top. So I prefer to wear them with similar colors to really enhance the e/s. I do however like using Too Cool for frosty looks, pale blues, mint greens, etc.

sss215

I have too cool and fierce and tangy. Very pretty, but as bases only. They crease on me.

AlchemyLivell

45 Bold Gold works magic compared to powder shadows. The only problem seems to be that it lasts for such a long duration (24 hours, as promised).
It can be tricky to get off!
*This product has the ALCH Livell recommendation.
Tips: a liquid shadow provides a great foundation for a dark look with powder shadows. It also makes your look last longer!

Latest posts