MAC X Beth Ditto Discussion

Goat Goat Etc.

Love Long Distance is my fave song!!!
heart.gif
cheerleader.gif

OctoberViolet

So cool!!!! Can't wait to find out more info.

Mac tweeted this yesterday. I'm guessing that it gives some hints to the names of the products:

"We want a LOVE LONG DISTANCE to EMBRACE ME. Put on your BETH MASK, there's a NEW HUE. POINT BLACK: we want a NEAR BETH EXPERIENCE"

LMD84

i will be buying embrace me when the tour de fabulous collection hits the uk.... glad to see it will be coming out here too!

Richelle83

Jeeze the comments on T's post is crazy. Don't care what anyone thinks I'm thrilled she is doing this collaboration!

iheartangE

Ugh, I LOOOOVE her. Especially her makeup!! Her makeup looks are so unconventional and creative. I can't wait to see what comes out with this collection!

MACcrazy

Mac tweeted this yesterday. I'm guessing that it gives some hints to the names of the products:

"We want a LOVE LONG DISTANCE to EMBRACE ME. Put on your BETH MASK, there's a NEW HUE. POINT BLACK: we want a NEAR BETH EXPERIENCE"
is this possibly the VAE mask?! I've been dying to try this!

couturesista

I have a serious obsession with Beth and Gossip! I want the entire collection, I don't care how poorly pigmented, overly repromoted, severe amounts of glittery, or poor color payoff I WANT IT!! oh please let it be some type of special packaging!

katred

Specktra Bestie
Jeeze the comments on T's post is crazy. Don't care what anyone thinks I'm thrilled she is doing this collaboration!

I just read through them. I was sort of amused by the fact that the posts complaining that Beth isn't classy enough to work with Mac are riddled with spelling errors... From what I've read about her and what I've heard, she seems like exactly the kind of artist Mac collaborates with. They tend to either go for iconic or offbeat in their choices and she certainly seems to be the latter.

People will probably want to shoot me, but I'm sort of hoping there will be something other than a bright pink lippie with this collection. (Although, clearly, there will be at least one bright pink from the photo.) I feel like Mac are foing a great job with the bright pinks between Iris Apfel and S3C3, but it's getting to be overkill. It's like someone in product development just discovered the existence of hot pink and can't let it go...

sss215

I just looked Beth up and she has a great voice! That's all I know, and I Agee, MAC loves offbeat and edgy. Surprised people don't know that by now...

Sexy Sadie

Hmm, Beth goes for very light foundation and intens lips and and "fantasy eyes" in cooler colour tones, deosn't she?

OctoberViolet

I'm so with you katred! I'd honestly love some new purple shades of lippies. I know I say that all the time, but those are my favorites and you can never have enough purples. I also wouldn't mind some more unique/unusual shades, maybe some with more of a grey based in them (like how Blooming Lovely lipstick was), or blue based (like Go For It was). Even a grey or blue lipstick. I would love for blueberry fizz to be repromoted since I wasn't an addict when it first came out. The new matte formula would be amazing or even a new finish altogether.

As for the comments on "T's" site. I think the majority of her fanposts are younger and probably not very smart. I mean, I do comment on her site. I had to stay away from commenting on a few things because her fanposts drive me insane with all their negativity. I mean, to each their own and everyone is entitled to their opinion (whether it's right or not), but most of the time they make no sense whatsoever. They don't like this person because of one thing or they don't like MAC for some other reason. Then why are you on a MAC messageboard?! Drives me crazy!!!!!
rant.gif

I just read through them. I was sort of amused by the fact that the posts complaining that Beth isn't classy enough to work with Mac are riddled with spelling errors... From what I've read about her and what I've heard, she seems like exactly the kind of artist Mac collaborates with. They tend to either go for iconic or offbeat in their choices and she certainly seems to be the latter.

People will probably want to shoot me, but I'm sort of hoping there will be something other than a bright pink lippie with this collection. (Although, clearly, there will be at least one bright pink from the photo.) I feel like Mac are foing a great job with the bright pinks between Iris Apfel and S3C3, but it's getting to be overkill. It's like someone in product development just discovered the existence of hot pink and can't let it go...

katred

Specktra Bestie
I love your ideas October Violet! More purples! MORE!!! It seems like they did a lot of purples last year (I think I bought all of them), but so many of them were takes on the muted purple-berry tone that I think there's lots of room left to explore. I keep hoping that they'll re-promote Jungle Juice, which was rumoured to be coming out with the Cindy Sherman collection and then got replaced by Plum Bright. (Not that I'm complaining, because PB is awesome sauce...) I have a blue shade from them from a few years back that shows as a kind of blueberry stain on the lips (although it looks shocking in the tube), which would also be nice. Or how about bringing back Lavender Whip already? That has to be one of the most sought-after shades Mac has done and they've never re-promoted it!

Anyway, purple-worship aside, I do hope that they take advantage of having such a daring collaborator to create some shades that are unexpected. To go along with the Penultimate Liner...

LMD84

I love your ideas October Violet! More purples! MORE!!! It seems like they did a lot of purples last year (I think I bought all of them), but so many of them were takes on the muted purple-berry tone that I think there's lots of room left to explore. I keep hoping that they'll re-promote Jungle Juice, which was rumoured to be coming out with the Cindy Sherman collection and then got replaced by Plum Bright. (Not that I'm complaining, because PB is awesome sauce...) I have a blue shade from them from a few years back that shows as a kind of blueberry stain on the lips (although it looks shocking in the tube), which would also be nice. Or how about bringing back Lavender Whip already? That has to be one of the most sought-after shades Mac has done and they've never re-promoted it!

Anyway, purple-worship aside, I do hope that they take advantage of having such a daring collaborator to create some shades that are unexpected. To go along with the Penultimate Liner...
yeah i am still sad that i didn't get the chance to bag jungle juice!!

Mac-Guy

I agree, it's ridiculous to be constantly negative about a brand. If one doesn't like the quality of a brand or the people they chose for collaborations, just don't bother. Or simply skip the collection. There are so many other MU brands, these comments - especially those written in a disrespectful manner - are completely unnecessary. There is a fine line between making a succinct argument about why exactly one questions the release of a collection and badmouthing every single MAC release. Octoberviolet, you also make a very good point that the posters you are referring to are very hard to please. I hope they move on - and more important, I hope that they find a brand they like better than MAC.

Mac-Guy

girlhaha.gif

OctoberViolet

Thank you, Mac-Guy, Katred & Lou!
I too would love to finally get my hands on Jungle Juice. I was so bummed that it didn't come out with the Cindy Sherman collection as previously thought. I do like Plum Bright, but Jungle Juice has my juices flowing. I need this to be released this year. Pretty please MAC.
love.gif

I agree, it's ridiculous to be constantly negative about a brand. If one doesn't like the quality of a brand or the people they chose for collaborations, just don't bother. Or simply skip the collection. There are so many other MU brands, these comments - especially those written in a disrespectful manner - are completely unnecessary. There is a fine line between making a succinct argument about why exactly one questions the release of a collection and badmouthing every single MAC release. Octoberviolet, you also make a very good point that the posters you are referring to are very hard to please. I hope they move on - and more important, I hope that they find a brand they like better than MAC.

Latest posts