Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

What would be a highlighter for dark brown skin?

Nars Albatross looks awesome. But would it work for someone who's dark brown? If not, what would be better?

Welcome to the board

I definitely have to check out Albatross! I keep hearing such dope things about it. Anyone have any pics they can share?

I highlight w Style blush from MAC. It's a peach blush with golden tones. The peach doesn't show on me, just a soft champagne-y highlight.
    Brown Girl Friendly - MAC swatch & review blog for Women of Colour!
    ummmmm my blog is currently on hiatus haha :drama:

I highlight using my Sleek Contour kit in Dark. I like it but I've been looking for a liquid or cream highlighter.

Quote Originally Posted by StyleBlack View Post
    I highlight w Style blush from MAC. It's a peach blush with golden tones. The peach doesn't show on me, just a soft champagne-y highlight.
    i have a swatch of albatross on my blog. its not a swatch on my face though. I swatched it on my arm. Its really pretty but thats the only highlighter for the face that i own and sometimes i feel it could look a bit too much for my face. I want to find other ones that are more subtle. Maybe Mac's Ricepaper eyeshadow would look good.. hmmm i should try that out tonight lol
    *Dominican Babe*
    Blog: http://www.swatchesandstuff.com
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dharicakes
    Instagram: dhari.c

Quote Originally Posted by luvlydee View Post
    i have a swatch of albatross on my blog. its not a swatch on my face though. I swatched it on my arm. Its really pretty but thats the only highlighter for the face that i own and sometimes i feel it could look a bit too much for my face. I want to find other ones that are more subtle. Maybe Mac's Ricepaper eyeshadow would look good.. hmmm i should try that out tonight lol
    link please

If you haven't found a swatch for it, I just went to her blog and clicked home which brought me to her previous posts including her pic of Albatross. ELF has a blush called gotta glo similar to Albatross but of course not NARS quality I own it but don't use it that often as I prefer more yellow gold highlighters which is why I didn't invest in Albatross and I love my NARS blushes to pieces.

NARS Albatross is a great highlighter, but you want to be careful that it's not going to make you look ashy. I'd suggest looking at some luminizers like Benefit's Sun Beam or Stila's All Over Shimmer Liquid Luminizer in #3.
    MAC: NC15
    MUFE: 118/120 (HD), 30 (Mat Velvet), 5 (Full Cover concealer)
    dark brown hair, hazel eyes
    I am a warm autumn

Quote Originally Posted by StyleBlack View Post
    link please
    i would link it but looking back at the swatch it doesnt look too good lmao. I'll try doing an updated swatch of it soon
    *Dominican Babe*

NYC has a bronzer and highlighter in one. It's their cheek to cheek Duo Blusher. Their bronzer is matte and the highlighter is matched to the shade of the bronzer so they really work great together

While Albatross is really pretty I prefer MAC's Trace Gold blush for an everyday highlight. It's really subtle and pretty with a light sheen. I'm an NW45 for reference
    Check out my blog! http://www.fascitorium.net
    Follow me on Twitter! http://www.twitter/com/fascitorium

"Be yourself, everyone else is taken." - Oscar Wilde

Have you tried the MUFE Face Sculpt? It is an awesome highlight and contour kit!

For dark brown skin, you want to look for something in a golden bronze color.

Not sure if it's still on the MAC site but there's an iridescent loose powder called Golden Bronze that's really pretty. Cargo has bronzers in a few different shades--the Medium or Dark might make a nice highlight on dark brown skin.

If you're into cream highlighters, Becca has Shimmering Skin Perfectors called Topaz (Golden Bronze) and Bronze (Deep Bronze) that are also very pretty. And also maybe Nars Laguna Illuminator.
    "Out of life's school of war: What does not destroy me, makes me stronger."
    ~Nietzsche

Nars is good and used to be my holy grail but Mac too chic beauty powder is the best by far,at least until I find a new highlighter

Quote Originally Posted by elektra513 View Post

Not sure if it's still on the MAC site but there's an iridescent loose powder called Golden Bronze that's really pretty. Cargo has bronzers in a few different shades--the Medium or Dark might make a nice highlight on dark brown skin.

If you're into cream highlighters, Becca has Shimmering Skin Perfectors called Topaz (Golden Bronze) and Bronze (Deep Bronze) that are also very pretty. And also maybe Nars Laguna Illuminator.
    Completely agree!

MAC's Golden Bronze is gorgeous and will last you forever and a day, but it's sparkly. Cargo Dark is also really nice. It's very subtle on me, which I prefer, and it's beautiful. I had high hopes for Laguna, but it didn't do much for my skin. It's a good option for many skintones, though. MAC's Glorify is a good one to check out too for a "cream" option

Quote Originally Posted by Baby1black View Post
    Nars is good and used to be my holy grail but Mac too chic beauty powder is the best by far,at least until I find a new highlighter
    the day MAC makes a beauty powder for dark brown skin... hmph.

I'm very dark, and Nars Albatross looks great on me. Nars Luster also looks fantastic.
    âA girl should be two things: classy and fabulous.â -- Coco Chanel

I love: albatross, vanilla pigment, the mac loose powder (gold something) and beccas illuminating liquid in topaz
    Your time is limited

Don't waste it living someone else's life

My Myspace My Sale Thread UKMy Model Mayhem PageMAC SF NW45 MUFE 175 Black hair and brown eyes

I like Dior amber Diamond. Very finely milled champagne color. I wear NW45

I just checked out the Lorac Gold L1 luminizer and it is beautiful!!
    Check out my channel for makeup reviews, life stories, and natural hair tails: www.youtube.com/AKAbobbiedoll03

INSTAGRAM::http://instagram.com/bdenisecole

NARS Albatross is the shiznit and MACs Gold Deposit is amazing also
    Subscribe To My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/KelseeBrianaJai
    Twitter http://www.twitter.com/KelseeBrianaJai
    Instagram:: KelseeBrianaJai

I have been using MAC Sun Rush lustre drops to highlight and I am in love....

Check out my channel for makeup reviews, life stories, and natural hair tails: www.youtube.com/AKAbobbiedoll03

INSTAGRAM::http://instagram.com/bdenisecole

I'm a MAC NC50 and these are the one's that I own. I reach for some more than I reach for others but these are products I use for highlighting.

Sally Girl Soft Lights
    NYX Tango & Highlights
    Hard Candy Tiki
    Sleek Contour Kit in Dark
    MAC B-Jeweled Sheer Shimmer Powder
    MAC Mellow Mood Sheer Shimmer Powder
    MAC Petticoat MSF (this one is more of a 2-in-1 highlighter/blush to me)
    MAC Redhead MSF
    MAC Glorify MSF
    MAC Golden Bronze Iridescent Powder
    MAC Silver Dusk Iridescent Powder
    Laura Mercier Rose Rendevous

And every now and then I may try a shadow or a pigment like MAC's Ricepaper e/s, MAC's Subtle or Vanilla Pigment. I feel like I'm forgetting maybe 1 or 2 so if I remember them, I'll add them.

I use the following:

Dior Amber Diamond
    Laura Mercier Rose Rendezvous
    MAC Glorify
    MAC Superb
    MAC Brunette
    MAC Redhead
    MAC Golden Bronze loose powder
    Giella Eye M Glam
    NARS Albatross
    MAC Lustre Drops in Sun Rush or Bronze Hero
    MAC Trace Gold Blush
    MAC Margin Blush
    NARS Orgasm Blush
    MAC Petticoat MSF
    MAC Stereo Rose MSF
    MAC Comfort MSF
    MAC Goldstone MSF
    MAC Gold Deposit
    Follow Me on Instagram: MACCutie08
    Chanel Perfection Lumiere 114, MAC Face and Body C7, MUFE 178, NC 50 MAC.......Makeup is my playground!

Quote Originally Posted by KelseeBrianaJai View Post
    NARS Albatross is the shiznit and MACs Gold Deposit is amazing also
    Another vote for Gold Deposit!
    Summer: Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24H 450 Suede (N), MSFN Dark, Studio Fix Powder NC45
    Winter: Studio Fix Powder C7 & NC45, Studio Fix Fluid NC45, Studio Stick NC45, MSFN Medium Deep
    Lancome Photogenic Lumessence Suede (0) N
    Revlon Colorstay Caramel

Quote Originally Posted by Curly1908 View Post
    I'm very dark, and Nars Albatross looks great on me. Nars Luster also looks fantastic.
    Your chocolate-hued skin will be perfectly highlighted with a true gold highlighter. U dont have to use a liquid highlighter or even a product specifically for highlighting, u can use a powder eye shadow.
    What might be good is Urban Decay shadow in Half Baked. I use it on my eyes for a lovely gold effect. But as far as drugstore makeup, tryMaybeline they have highly pigmented colors and they stay on throughout the day.

Estée Lauder Shimmering Sands and Topaz Chameleon

nars albatros,but i am gonna try ricepaper to see how i like it
    michelle

Quote Originally Posted by michelle37 View Post
    nars albatros,but i am gonna try ricepaper to see how i like it
    i have ricepaper and i have yet to try it as a highlighter my cheeks. I dont like how ashy it looks on my eyes so i didnt really think about wanting to use it on my face. I love albatross
    *Dominican Babe*

Quote Originally Posted by elektra513 View Post

What are your favorite hightlighters...as an olive girl?
    I bleed pink...! MUFE Duo Mat 214~ MUFE Pro Finish 174~MUFE F&B #12~Lancome Teint Idole 24H 460 Suede W/470~MAC Matchmaster 7.5~NARS TM Seychelles~NARS Macao~Bobbi Brown warm almond 6.5~Armani Maestro 10~Armani Luminous Silk 8.5

My new favorite highlighter is Nars Luster!!! Love it!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last