NARS Summer 2012

Miss QQ

Thanks for all your reviews and links, ladies! I'm so excited that some of you can order now, can't wait to hear more of your reviews when you get them! The more I see Trouville, the more I love it. It looks like the perfect pink that's not too blue or yellow or rose. Is the pure matte lipstick as dry as the matte velvet lip pencil? I have the latter and that is too drying for my dry lips. I like how Moscow looks. Aquamarine - I love how the trio looks on the blogger who did the YouTube review, but not so much on messywands. I get the swollen and tired look too, but I'm yellow tone. Perhaps I will pass this and get Douce France. Do you have DF and do you like it?

anita22

My friend (who is a NARS counter manager) says the trio applies quite sheerly and "doesn't have the best pigmentation". Her picks for stars of the collection are the e/s duo and Never Say Never.

Thanks for the tip! I like the look of Never Say Never, although it's a darker colour than what I'd typically wear so I am still on the fence. Might wait to see some more swatches first... Wish I could get to a counter in person, but I can't!

MarieMary

Thanks for the tip! I like the look of Never Say Never, although it's a darker colour than what I'd typically wear so I am still on the fence. Might wait to see some more swatches first... Wish I could get to a counter in person, but I can't!
I think the lips swatches on makeupzone are regular/heavy swatches. You can make it sheerer if you want; applying it with a lip brush makes the color less intense. For example, Maya Rudolph wore the color at the Oscars (with Laura Mercier Bonbon lipgloss on top), and it doesn't look as dark as the lip swatches on makeupzone.

cutemiauw

I think the lips swatches on makeupzone are regular/heavy swatches. You can make it sheerer if you want; applying it with a lip brush makes the color less intense. For example, Maya Rudolph wore the color at the Oscars (with Laura Mercier Bonbon lipgloss on top), and it doesn't look as dark as the lip swatches on makeupzone.
Oh thank you for mentioning this. I remember loving her lip colors on the Oscars but didn't really figure out what she's actually using. I think also on Karen (makeupandbeautyblog) the color doesn't look very intense. But I think I would also just try this out myself before blind buying :D.

BeautyByLele

I just ordered the Liberte blush, thanks for the promo code! I cant wait for the polishes to come out because I am eyeing the yellow one.

Shadowy Lady

Anyone in Canada knows when we're getting this collection? I'm getting so impatient for it, lol! I definitely have a big wishlist though I'll buy in portion as thankfully Nars always makes their seasonal collections perm.
I actually love pastel or lighter shades on darker skin beauties like yourself. It pops much more on them. On lighter skin I find it washes ppl out. I stay away from light shades on my eyes when I'm not tanned. They don't seem to do much then.

Miss QQ

Thanks, MarieMary. I love the matte lips look, but can't find a matte lipstick that doesn't dry out my lips.

Is the NARS matte lipstick more moisturising than Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet?

Lapis

I need to order that blush, I think it's the closest thing to Sex that they have released yet.
Sex the dc-ed blush, just want to make that clear

cutemiauw

I actually love pastel or lighter shades on darker skin beauties like yourself. It pops much more on them. On lighter skin I find it washes ppl out. I stay away from light shades on my eyes when I'm not tanned. They don't seem to do much then.
True. Although for me, some of the lighter shades are just very hard to work with (like UD Sin - which looks gorgeous on the pan but it's just plain silvery on me & not flattering somehow). I just wish I could swatch before I buy... well maybe I'll just do that and get this next month when I went to France. I can wait that long, right
girlhaha.gif
?
And ditto for Nars making it perm! It's good for my wallet to think about the purchases carefully before buying anything :).

Monsy

cafe makeup has some reviews

http://cafemakeup.com/2012/04/15/nars-marie-galante-eyeshadow-duo-swatches-review-and-look/
http://cafemakeup.com/2012/04/16/nars-liberte-blush-swatches-review-and-look/

Aquamarine1543

Did anybody get Buenos Aires gloss pencil?
I thought it's nude beige pink because of the Nars' official description, but Christine from Temptalia said it's peach beige and she couldn't see any kind of pink color. Hmm..
If anybody has it, can you tell me what color it has? :)

Shadowy Lady

Thanks, MarieMary. I love the matte lips look, but can't find a matte lipstick that doesn't dry out my lips.

Is the NARS matte lipstick more moisturising than Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet?

On me, def less drying than Chanel's. This is the order of various matte lipsticks for me (from least drying to most drying):

1. Nars pure matte lipsticks
2. Nars matte velvet pencils
3. Chanle rouge allure velvet
4. Lancome matte lipsticks
5. MUFE matte rouge artist intense
6. MAC matte lipsticks

I adore the look of matte lips!

mrslid

NarsCosmetics.ca and TheBay.com both have the collection right now!

katred

Specktra Bestie
NarsCosmetics.ca and TheBay.com both have the collection right now!
Hurrah!!! Glad to see that they're getting these collections earlier now. There was a huge delay last Fall between when it was available on line/ in the US and when the collection was available in stores up here. Since then, they've gotten a lot better, though.

ninalovesmakeup

Just want to say how great NARS' customer service was! They refunded me the ~$30 for the 20% coupon code that I didn't know about until after I placed my order! They've always been really great about their CS! :)

Monsy

i ordered it , when it arrives tmrw i will let you know
I thought it's nude beige pink because of the Nars' official description, but Christine from Temptalia said it's peach beige and she couldn't see any kind of pink color. Hmm..

MarieMary

I agree with what katred said; skintone definitely plays a part on how it looks. Also Christine's bare lips are pretty light. Since the color is not fully opaque, it will look different on someone with darker / pinker lips. ;)

Latest posts