NARS Summer 2012

cutemiauw

I got my stuff
pompom.gif

Here's swatches on my arm:

It's Ramatuelle trio divided by Never Say Never lip. On the left is without base, and on the right is with NARS smudge proof base. On the far left I swatched Orgasm Illuminator (which I got from the promo code)... but it's almost impossible to see except for some glitters lol.

Now a picture of me wearing the trio and lipstick:

I like the texture of the lipstick a lot! As for the shadows, I couldn't get any better pictures showing it on my eyes. I tried several times but my camera failed (if any of you would really like to see it, I'd try to do this on the weekend again with hubs' help). The apricot one looks very subtle on me (love!) but I actually can't tell much difference between the peach and silver when it's on my eyes. I like how it gives a sheen on the eyes. I'd think it would be very nice for daytime summer :).

Also, I think I made the right choice by not getting Liberte. Sometimes I already have a problem with putting to much Gilda on my cheeks. I don't think I could handle Liberte.

sss215

Yesterday I got Liberté and Buenos Aires and I love both! So pretty!

Nars Liberté, Nars Gilda, Nars Gina, Mac BPB Serenely, Illamasqua Complex
thanks for swatching. Liberte looks like the perfect blush color for me. I love Gilda, and I love how Liberte is a little deeper. I have to haul it. Is the collection at Sephora yet?

Dominique33

"Liberté " is really orange, beautiful but not for my skin ( medium light ), I will use other blushes for summer.

honybr

I got my Liberte (lol that sounds funny when read out loud)! Gorgeous color. I was actually surprised it's unique in my collection because I have an ridiculous amount of blushes. Gilda didn't work on me without packing it on, so this one is perfect.

sss215

I got my Liberte (lol that sounds funny when read out loud)! Gorgeous color. I was actually surprised it's unique in my collection because I have an ridiculous amount of blushes. Gilda didn't work on me without packing it on, so this one is perfect.
Hey! If you love it, I know I will!

chinablaq

Quote: Originally Posted by Freckletone

Yesterday I got Liberté and Buenos Aires and I love both! So pretty!

Nars Liberté, Nars Gilda, Nars Gina, Mac BPB Serenely, Illamasqua Complex

Thanks for the swatches!

Miss QQ

^^ Thanks. I'll pass, I have one or two brown lippies and I don't reach for them.

Astrid - Thanks for the swatches! NSN looks pretty on you! Do you have a sharpener for it? I have a drugstore sharpener and I tried sharpening my Sex Machine a few days ago and it ate up a lot of the pencil! I am thinking of getting the UD sharpener soon or wait longer for the NARS one. Good to know you like the trio!

cutemiauw

Miss QQ - I don't have any good larger sharpener either. Didn't think about it until you asked
oh.gif
. I read a tip on Temptalia that you could put it in the fridge for a little while so it won't be too soft.

I love the texture of the velvet matte lip pencil. It's the best matte I've found so far. I thought the Chanel one isn't drying but this one is even better. Definitely going to look for other colors when I'm at a NARS counter. Do you have any recommendations?

The peach on the trio creased on me yesterday... grrr... I'm hoping it was just an isolated case. Else I'm going to try it with a different base.

Miss QQ

^^ Thanks. Then I shall wait for it, after all I only have Sex Machine that needs sharpening with a big sharpener. Still wondering if I'll get Never Say Never and Mexican Rose gloss from Spring.

Dominique33

It's " Bordeaux"
th_thstars.gif
I know because wineyards surround me here lol ! Brown/Bordeaux/raisin. It's sheer so it's very nice for spring or summer or all seasons in fact. I agree there is a brown dimension in it but it looks like a sheer grape.

Monsy

I got the MG duo. Not sure what base to put with it though. I have one of those new shadow pencils from Stila in a beautiful violet color but it leans pink so I am not sure if it will work. Maybe black?
i tryed with silverish and did not look too good. also tried with dark purple from UD and it did not show up at all. if you have any suggestion it would be great. i dont think that color shows up enough with just regular primer

Miss QQ

^^ I don't usually use a coloured base unless when I'm doing a dramatic look, then I'll use a dark base. Is it reason to skip the duo then? I'm thinking of wearing it as a sheer wash for a daytime look, will it show up using a clear primer?

Aquamarine1543

Hmm, the more I read the reviews about Maire Galante, the more I can't decide whether I should buy it.

Do pinky-lavendar and blue shimmer show up well??
If pinky-laverdar and blue shimmer don't show up well, there's no reason for me to buy it because it reminds me of the texture of Arabian nights' trio eyeshadow which I really hate.:(
and plus, I don't use a colored base. I only use a Nars eye primer.

Monsy

on me it only shows up as blue-purple shimmer. it would look beautiful over another purple eyeshadow

i am not sure if i should keep it or not...
hmm.gif

also i don't like texture of the trio, not pigmented at all.

i will play with them again today and try to make them work

Aquamarine1543

on me it only shows up as blue-purple shimmer. it would look beautiful over another purple eyeshadow

i am not sure if i should keep it or not...
hmm.gif

also i don't like texture of the trio, not pigmented at all.

i will play with them again today and try to make them work
The texture of the duo really reminds me of Arabian nights trio eyeshadow after I heard about your opinion.:(
I mean it sounds like it really looks beautiful in the pan, but it turns to be totally different on the eyes! (plus, hard to blend!!)
I really hate it because it makes me feel fooled.:S

Do you have the trio too?
I'm thinking I'll just skip the duo and get the trio instead.
How about the matte apricot/orange shade of it?
Whenever I see some swatches, it looks like orange rather than apricot because it looks quite reddish.

If I have to skip the trio too, the only thing I'll get from the summer collection is Never say never lip pencil.lol

Latest posts