Lipstick smell

lola336

Ok this might sound weird..and it might be because im sick..but from the lingerie collection....is it me or do the lipsticks not smell like vanilla. My body suit especially has no vanilla smell at all. My friend also smelled it and agreed...so i dont think im going totally crazy. I dont know...it might just be my lipsticks...but i even brought it back to mac and the MA was just like..it smells fine to me. I dont know..figured I would just ask.....anyone?

angelamarie

My Body Suit and Lingerie l/s have a really strong vanilla scent...
I was kinda sad that the lipsticks that came with the ornamentalism stashettes didn't smell like vanilla to me...

Isis

Mine have a very nice vanilla scent to them.
Do yours smell bad or rancid??
However if you're still not happy with yours, deff. take them back (again) and get an exchange. There's no point in holding on to something you're not 100% satisfied with.

pumpkincat210

Some of mine smell like vanilla and others are less scented.. I wouldn't worry if they don't stink.
Rancid lipstick smells really strong, but its a gross smell.

Scrangie

Wow, I don't think any of my lipsticks smell like anything... I didn't know they were supposed to be scented!

*goes to smell*

Humph! Nothing! Creepy. Maybe I just can't smell it.

lola336

well...i dont know maybe its just not as strong as the other lipsticks i have. some have a potent vanilla scent..but these to me smell like..regular lipstick
ssad.gif
its not totally rancid crayon smelling..just not vanilla. hmm..i dont know and i got them with b2m so u know they really wont take them. oh well. ill use it anyway.lol who am i kidding...lol...i just wanted to see if anyone else had this issue. maybe it was just the batch mine were in
ssad.gif
thanks for ur help!

MACmermaid

hey me too! i never knew MAC lipsticks were supposed to be scented. i can't smell any vanilla scent in mine either
ssad.gif

amandamakeup

I've got my nose right up body suit now..you kinda smell the more lipsticky smell more...but theres a little hint of vanilla in it. Its really tough to point out though. I never knew also that they were scented. My boyfriend now thinks im a dork for sitting here smelling my lipsticks.

Sushi_Flower

I love the MAC Lipstick smell and i'm planning to get a MAC perfume that best smells like it..but keep forgetting which one is supposed to smell most like the lipsticks.

lola336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi_Flower
I love the MAC Lipstick smell and i'm planning to get a MAC perfume that best smells like it..but keep forgetting which one is supposed to smell most like the lipsticks.

hm...im not sure which one best smells like the lipstick..but my favorite perfume is comptoir sud pacifique in vanille abricot. its amazing....they have other variations but the apricot is my favorite
smiles.gif

Scrangie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola336
hm...im not sure which one best smells like the lipstick..but my favorite perfume is comptoir sud pacifique in vanille abricot. its amazing....they have other variations but the apricot is my favorite
smiles.gif

Mmm... I love that scent! I love CSP.

I don't think any of the MAC fragrances smell like it, but I personally am addicted to MV3... It's dark, sexy, sophisticated... and mm oh so good. Has a bit of that vanilla smell to it. It smells like vanilla and leather to me.

joytheobscure

That is the big reason I love mac lip products and not any other....I haven't bought any lipsticks in a month... Its time for a trip to the counter.

asnbrb

my TLCs have a very strong vanilla scent, but nothing else really does.

hmm... maybe i should go sniff the rest of my lippies as soon as i get home... hahaha

PrettyKitty

My Dame in a Dress, Who's That Lady and Cool and Aloof Lipgelees have the same smell, it's not a strong vanilla scent like it's supposed to be.

Same with my Body Suit.

Doesn't smell rancid, but smell like regular lipstick.

2_pink

Ive never noticed my lippies to smell like vanilla...they just smell like lipstick. But i know my lipgelees have a certain scent, not sure what it is..but it smells good.

lilxgem

I'm a new MAC addict and I noticed that the lipglasses smelled sweet (i didn't know they did this on purpose or that it's suppose to be vanilla, but it is absolutely wonderful!) Smelly lipstick is the worst. Back in high school, I use to buy a particular drug store brand that smelled terrible, but I thought lipstick was suppose to smell that way back then. =p I ended up throwing them all away.

tricky

i have the Heatherette lipstick and it smells like play-doh (even when i first got it). anyone else experience this?

martygreene

Glaze and Lustre formula lipsticks from MAC do tend to have a weaker scent. Mattes tend to 'decay' faster scent wise than the remaining formulas.

mspixieears

Interesting, I just assumed I got used to the smell - my lipsticks don't seem to smell of vanilla anymore, but my lipglasses seem to be like that after I've used them for the first time - no more smell. It's true that the TLCs seem to smell of vanilla the strongest, they even seem to taste half-decent if I accidentally lick my lips or something.

Latest posts