MAC By Request discussion

CartoonChic

Ok I'm officially scared for the Marilyn collection. This not getting items or getting the wrong ones is not a good sign.
I agree with Mac-Guy. The multiple shipping idea has backfired on them and has probably overwhelmed the warehouse. I hope they rethink this idea in the future.

HoneyMilk

Ok I'm officially scared for the Marilyn collection. This not getting items or getting the wrong ones is not a good sign.
It just perplexes me how much they are making it sound like they are doing the customers a FAVOR by sending them the missing lipstick? Jeez. I mean, I know it is next to impossible to prove that nothing was sent, but if someone has made 30 orders and never had an issue, that sounds reliable. If someone has made 6 orders and 4 of the 6 had stuff missing.. I might think twice. But now that it's THE SAME lipstick from THE SAME collection, none of that should even matter... Maybe they should do spot checks on packages? I dunno. Think of how many people have ordered that are not even posting on Specktra...

I hope I'm making sense. I'm sooo tired and cranky
soapbox.gif

ninalovesmakeup

WTH is going on? They really don't wanna let go of Moxie.

They are messing up so many people's orders. I wonder if this is their biggest collection shipment wise & they got more orders than they can handle.

@Richelle - my friend she got a follow up call from one of the supervisors in CS the day after she called. The sup told her they would resend Moxie as a one time courtesy. She got an email yesterday with the tracking info for her reshipment.
Why is a courtesy to send something you should have sent in the first place?!
shrugs.gif

CartoonChic

It just perplexes me how much they are making it sound like they are doing the customers a FAVOR by sending them the missing lipstick? Jeez. I mean, I know it is next to impossible to prove that nothing was sent, but if someone has made 30 orders and never had an issue, that sounds reliable. If someone has made 6 orders and 4 of the 6 had stuff missing.. I might think twice. But now that it's THE SAME lipstick from THE SAME collection, none of that should even matter... Maybe they should do spot checks on packages? I dunno. Think of how many people have ordered that are not even posting on Specktra...

soapbox.gif
Lol, you're making sense.

Piarpreet

OMG I unexpectedly love Rocker. I have no idea how people are all over moxie and not a lot over moxie. I'm seriously considering buying more for my mom cos she'd ADORE this

Richelle83

soapbox.gif
I completely agree with you! The bolded is really tripping me out too! A one time favor ha! Tell that to ElegantOne!!

duckrodeo

For those of you using lip brushes, what brush do you use? I have and like MAC's 316 lip brush. But the brush tip is really small for the size of my lips. It takes forever to apply lipstick when I use it.
I use a sigma lip brush. It's pretty pliable and has a good-sized brush tip! Omg missing moxies??! I hope my package that comes on Wednesday is fine! I didn't open my BUs to make sure they were labeled correctly, but I did jiggle them around to make sure it wasn't an empty box. We'll see what happens with my other moxie and rocker come Weds! I'm so sorry to those that had to deal with the headache of calling Customer Service, but I hope it all gets sorted out! CYY is now completely sold out? Hmm. I wonder if they're waiting for the hype and website traffic to die down and then launch more onto the site. They did that with Collections past! Macaddictnurse and spikesmom: i hope you ladies feel better soon! Those are both very tough to go through! I think I just have food poisoning, but i'm glad my fever broke! I'm glad I skipped out on Guacamole. I checked my stash last night and while I don't have an exact dupe, I do have plenty of limey greens, that aren't chalky and don't look like puke! Lol anyway, i hope the formula didn't change for Moth Brown like I've been reading!

HoneyMilk

Why is a courtesy to send something you should have sent in the first place?!
shrugs.gif
Yes, exactly. I bet there are people that might look at this as an opportunity to get free product (their product was shipped but they said they didn't get it..) and MAC can't do anything about that but, two things: 1. Don't cry wolf 2. Karma!

For the record, I do believe everyone here :) And so should MAC. This is just too weird to make up (hehehe make-up) ... lol

BeLucky

I placed a pretty big order once...I think around the tips and lips fashion sets. Well, big for me, anyway; about 7 pieces. I got my box, opened it up and pulled out the shipping invoice...and it had some other lady's name and info on it. I pulled everything out, and all that was inside was wads of black tissue and the invoice. Thought that was really very strange.

HoneyMilk

I placed a pretty big order once...I think around the tips and lips fashion sets. Well, big for me, anyway; about 7 pieces. I got my box, opened it up and pulled out the shipping invoice...and it had some other lady's name and info on it. I pulled everything out, and all that was inside was wads of black tissue and the invoice. Thought that was really very strange.
icon_eek.gif
blink.gif
ohboy.gif
001_unsure.gif

Did you ever get your stuff? What did mac do?

duckrodeo

That's why MAC should get the orders right the first time! None of this one-time-courtesy crap, if they screw up in the future you won't get what you paid for?? They need to do a different packaging system to ensure all the items in the order are fulfilled. Not to mention the weighing system, which is due in part to UPS weighing by measurement and not actual package weight. It shouldn't even happen to open a black box and it's empty or the lipstick package has nothing in it! The assembly line is showing flaws!

Copperhead

For those of you using lip brushes, what brush do you use? I have and like MAC's 316 lip brush. But the brush tip is really small for the size of my lips. It takes forever to apply lipstick when I use it.
Yeah that brush is really small. MAC should've never discontinued their 117 brush (which is what I use whenever I do decide to use a lipbrush).

BeLucky

I let them know about it, and they said they would ship my order out 2 day shipping. The SA said he would try to have it sent overnight for the inconvenience, but time might be an issue (it was around 5 when I got home). He also said that next time I placed an order, call customer service and they would upgrade my order to free 2 day shipping. I haven't taken them up on it yet, since they give out so many 2 day shipping codes, but he was very, very nice. I got my order the next morning at 10 am, so they definitely came through.

CartoonChic

Thanks duckrodeo and Copperhead. I had to hunt down images of the 117 brush. Now I have an idea of what type of brush I should look for. By the way Copperhead, is your avatar name from Kill Bill? Just curious.

Copperhead

Thanks duckrodeo and Copperhead. I had to hunt down images of the 117 brush. Now I have an idea of what type of brush I should look for. By the way Copperhead, is your avatar name from Kill Bill? Just curious.
Yes, it is.
girlhaha.gif

BTW, did you find images of the 117 brush? I was trying to find some and didn't find any. I figured since it's such an old brush that must be the reason I couldn't find any.

CartoonChic

Yes, it is.
girlhaha.gif

BTW, did you find images of the 117 brush? I was trying to find some and didn't find any. I figured since it's such an old brush that must be the reason I couldn't find any.
Lol, thought so! This is the only pic I was able to find. It came up when I googled the brush. http://i.ytimg.com/vi/BjBrEvpZutk/0.jpg

Latest posts