Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 Last

What Mac collection was your biggest haul ever?

Mac has really upped the number and the size of their limited collections in the next few years, which gives those of us with a serious makeup addiction a lot to buy. What collection did you buy the most from? Was it your favourite collection, or was it just that there were so many items available that you went a little nuts? How many of the items do you still have? Do you still use them?
    SAVE OUR SPECKTRA!!! The site is in serious need of your help- please consider making a donation to help offset costs

nc 15/ nars mont blanc/ siberia, black hair, grey/ blue eyes TEAM INSOMNIA! Team Purple
    I have a lipstick problem.
    check my whole blog OR just the beauty bits

Specktra is everywhere! Facebook. Twitter. Instagram.

Naturally, peacocky and iris apfel...i hauled almost all of it!
    http://www.specktra.net/t/182967/clearing-out-sale-make-me-an-offer-peacocky-old-mac-palettes-28-propan-eyeshadows-blushes-lipsticks-lightyear

Semi-Precious, without a doubt. 3 out of 4 MSFs, all the shadows except 2, all the lipsticks, all the cremesheens, 3 out of 4 brushes and a blush (lol @ only one blush).

I use the brushes pretty much every day, almost always use a shadow or two when I'm wearing shadow, and wore the MSFs every single day through the end of the Fall - just starting to pull them out again, when the sun is shining. Same thing for GeoPink, One of a Kind, Gem of Roses and Looks Like Sin, wore them constantly and am only neglecting them right now since I'm busy with all my bright lippies for Spring.

i don't think i've ever bought an entire collection, or come even close, but the big ones for me were probably n collection, to the beach and semi precious. n collection is my all time fave, and i purchased the items over time (partly from ebay and other sellers). actually, all three of those collections, i just kept going back to mac and picking up a few items at a time...

the biggest haul in one shot would be an online purchase for creamteam -- i bought 2 lipsticks and 6 of the glosses in one go.
    mac: nc43, matchmaster 6.0
    nars: pure radiant tinted moisturizer cuba - medium3

Naturally without a doubt. I am still in love with the MES from that collection. I bought 4/5 of them. I also got Pillowtalk l/s. And 2 l/g from the collection. I wish I would have got the blushes but hey MAC regret is the story of my life. When I travel I usually take the MES with me because its so easy to do looks with them. I do neglect them at home But this inspired me to pull them out for use next week.

To answer my own question, I think that I'd have to say Spring Colour Forecast. It was one of those things where I got super-excited in advance (because the information on the collection was available for a long time before it came out) and then I ended up going bananas when the collection hit stores. I did a big first haul, but then I kept going back and picking up things here and there and in the end, I'd picked up nearly the whole thing. And yes, I still use those colours all the time. In fact, it was because I was wearing products almost entirely from that collection today that I thought to start this thread...

Other major hauls have been

Cult of Cherry- Probably my favourite Mac collection, but I got the various parts of it over a long period of time
    Fabulous Felines- Kinda like SCF, because I did a fairly big first haul, but then kept going back
    Venomous Villains- Probably not as big as the others, but it seemed huge because I bought it all at once, knowing that a lot of what I wanted was going to sell out.
    SAVE OUR SPECKTRA!!! The site is in serious need of your help- please consider making a donation to help offset costs

nc 15/ nars mont blanc/ siberia, black hair, grey/ blue eyes TEAM INSOMNIA! Team Purple
    I have a lipstick problem.
    check my whole blog OR just the beauty bits

Specktra is everywhere! Facebook. Twitter. Instagram.

In Extra Dimension is the most recent: 7 out of 10 shadows, an one SF (WoG, plan to pick up Superb soon). Before that it was Naturally where I bought 4 MES, all the blushes and both skinfinishes, Hot Spell l/g, Ebony e/p and two 286 brushes.

Overall, I think I got the most from the Barbie collection. I got a lot of the eyeshadows, lipsticks, and powders, not to mention the bags, T shirts, doll, etc...
    My nail blog: Just the Tips

Quote Originally Posted by katred View Post
    To answer my own question, I think that I'd have to say Spring Colour Forecast. It was one of those things where I got super-excited in advance (because the information on the collection was available for a long time before it came out) and then I ended up going bananas when the collection hit stores. I did a big first haul, but then I kept going back and picking up things here and there and in the end, I'd picked up nearly the whole thing. And yes, I still use those colours all the time. In fact, it was because I was wearing products almost entirely from that collection today that I thought to start this thread...

Cult of Cherry- Probably my favourite Mac collection, but I got the various parts of it over a long period of time
    Fabulous Felines- Kinda like SCF, because I did a fairly big first haul, but then kept going back
    Venomous Villains- Probably not as big as the others, but it seemed huge because I bought it all at once, knowing that a lot of what I wanted was going to sell out.
    that's one thing i resent...that they make it so difficult to just take your time with purchases...
    i guess it's okay when you don't feel as strongly about the collection, you can let it grow on you rather than lemming the whole thing!

mac: nc43, matchmaster 6.0
    nars: pure radiant tinted moisturizer cuba - medium3

Too many collections. I'm losing track because sometimes I pre-order three collections at a time to keep up. Most "recently" I'd have to say Gareth Pugh because I backed up quite a few items that may end up at the CCO at this point :shock:

One of my most favorite collections is VV. I still LOVE all of the products and dread running out of them, even though they're at the CCO and MAC. I just want to enjoy what I have, finish the products and move on to something totally new with far superior quality. I'm starting to get annoyed with all of the mediocre products with a severe lack of creativity and at such a large cost. At this point, I'd rather go overseas on a fabulous vacation and invest in high quality gold.

Probably VV, but most recently, I hauled a lot of the SSS/CCC collection. I got all of the lippies from that except for one. I'll be buying most of the By Request collection and probably a good bit of the Marilyn one too.

I hauled so big from Hello Kitty and Spring Colour Forecast! Those two are the biggest hauls that I've ever done so far.
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/FabDiva20
    Blog: http://www.fabdiva20.com
    Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/FabDiva20

Going on an alluring adventure with MAC Alluring Aquatic Collection while I can be playful with MAC Playful Collection!

Mine was Peacocky, followed by Venomous villains

Hello Kitty!

Quote Originally Posted by katred View Post

Mine was a tie between many I think. I don't recall now since it's been a few years. I never buy every item as I don't buy to collect and my hauling has slowed to almost zero for the past two years. For me big hauls means 4-5 items. Here are my top hauls though:

- Mattenes 2007
    - Heatherette 2008
    - Naughty Nautical 2008
    - Cool Heat 2008
    - Cult of Cherry 2009
    - Style Black 2009

NW20-25/Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua B20/Nars Sheer Glow Santa Fe

Visit my blog: BeautySpot
    Twitter @Shadowy_Lady

I'd have to say the shop cook collection was my biggest buy from.

The trinity of Tres Cheek, Reel Sexy and Extra Dimension
    http://www.specktra.net/t/182967/clearing-out-sale-make-me-an-offer-peacocky-old-mac-palettes-28-propan-eyeshadows-blushes-lipsticks-lightyear

I think it will be Hey Sailor!
    I can´t wait, I´m so exicited!!
    NC20. Hair: dark honey blonde. Right eye: green. Left eye: turquoise.
    Visit my beautyblog: www.eyeoftheday.bloggplatsen.se

Marilyn for sure! I bought one of everything plus backups

Fafi and heatherette!

Peacocky
    Venomous Villains
    Barbie Loves MAC

These were the ones I hauled big time...

Glitter and Ice : last year, I picked up the 6 lipsticks, the beauty powder and a snow globe with eyeshadows. What a gorgeous collection ! I love the Holiday 2012 but I still prefer Glitter and Ice, inspired by Johnny Weir a very very talented iceskater indeed I workship him !
    TEAMENABLEEVERYBODYINTOBUYINGEVERYTHING

Fashion Flower. I bought all of the eyeshadows, both BPs, two lipsticks (the other two were sold out), and a lipgelee.
    ~Team pink x Team coral x Team blue x Team orange~

For me it was A Tartan Tale and the next biggest was Glamor Daze which I was able to pick up last night at the Pre Release party.

I've had a few binges LOL - usually I either go nuts on a collection or don't get anything at all....

My big historical ones:
    Wonder Woman (my gateway collection LOL) - both blushes, all the colored mascaras, and about 3 backups of Marquis D lipstick
    Naturally - pretty much the whole thing except for 3 of the lippies and 2 of the eyeshadows
    Extra Dimension - both skin finishes, all the eyeshadows, plus backups of 3 of them.
    Tres Cheek - all of it

Oh god, I don't even want to think about how much this cost...

On the bright side I completely skipped Fashion Flower, Beth Ditto, Marilyn, and a bunch of others.

Marilyn Monroe...This collection really really plucked my wallet I don't even want to look at my CC bill.

I can't even remember But, I was looking at my Gareth Pugh stash today and I realized I went a litttttle overboard. Love that collection!

It was definitely Shop/Cook MAC. It was a huge collection and I really liked almost everything in it.
    Click link if you're a Star Wars fan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBM7i84BThE&sns=fb&safety_mode=true&persis t_safety_mode=1&safe=active

I think cult of cherry was pretty good too. All three quads were of very good quality and I bought all 3.... Shop MAC Cook MAC quads were good too.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 Last