MAC Casual Colour discussion

martiangurll

Have a lovely day seems like the perfect go-to blush. I could see getting that one to try and if I love the product, jump off to get Out for Fun and Weekend Getaway. I think I will hold out for more p/b or MB products though. I really like cream blush best layered under a powder and HaLD would be a good neutral to layer under whatever other powder product I want to layer.

Audrey C

We already had a pic of the fall collection products. Mattenes, e/s, fluidlines, etc. I'm sure it's somewhere in the Early Buzz thread. :)

edit: found it!

image.php

source: MAC's Elke doet verslag van NYFW AW 2012 - dag 3 en 4 - Beautyscene
Oh, I'm LOVING the fall colours; those suit me best anyway. There are 4-5 E/S that I can see that I'll want from even a quick look, and a couple of the lippies look great too. I adore fluidlines (except black which are too harsh on me) so the gold/green/purple will come home with me to replace Dark Diversion/Rich Ground/Dark Dare once they expire/begin to get dry. This will be my big haul; warm neutrals are my best colours and I adore the deeper fall vampy lip look.
pompom.gif

I had a convo with my fave MAC MUA today and he told me that it's best to buy my LE online; I usually work from home on Thursdays and their freestanding store always sells out the first day (in the first couple of hours). I told him that I'd really prefer to give him the business and he said that he gets plenty of business from me on the perm items; site stalk and buy online for the things I really want. Nice guy. :)

Prettypackages

Let's see, I like weekend getaway, relaxation, out for fun, and evening stroll... I don't think these will sel out fast, so I can wait...

sss215

We already had a pic of the fall collection products. Mattenes, e/s, fluidlines, etc. I'm sure it's somewhere in the Early Buzz thread. :) edit: found it!
image.php
source: MAC's Elke doet verslag van NYFW AW 2012 - dag 3 en 4 - Beautyscene
Looking like the 90's and I love it. Can't wait!!! I love big fall collections. Can't wait for the color story! As far as this collection, Keep it Casual, Weekend Getaway and Causual Stroll are basically a done deal for me. They look amazing!

sss215

I see a lot of people concerned about the cream blushes/lip products and I have oily skin too. I wonder if these will have a little wax in them like lipsticks do. When I use a lipstick as a blush the color isn't greasy or oily and it tends to be pretty long wearing. I am really curious about what's going to make these different from MAC's other cream blushes, especially since they have a dual purpose for lips.

martiangurll

well, not sure that this has anything to do with Casual color, but I am already squeeing about those Fall colors, esp. the fluidlines and mattenes

princess sarah

hmmm I think this one may be a skip for me as well, I was originally interested in the little cheek and lip pots but now... I think I will just skip and stick to Beth for June

Love the Promo pic tho.. its so calming and perfect for the collection

iheartmakeup412

Just in case you need a little anti-enabling :whip: , other than Evening Stroll, I think a lot of these colors are going to show up in powder form going forward into the Fall, but maybe with a little more Fall-sy cast to the shades, so if you're not a big cream product person, you won't need to miss out. For sure, we're going to see similar colors to Keep It Casual, Out for Fun, Weekend Getaway and Have a Lovely Day. 
Thanks for the anti-enable. I'm still undecided though. I can't wait for the color stories for the fall collections, those are always my faves.

lilinah

I'm not sure I'm passing on this collection, but I'm not jumping up and down with impatience either.

My mom always just used a dot of her lipstick on her cheeks instead of blush. I've never been as simple. plus I tend to go for unnatural or unconventional colors.

I'm open to cream blushes - I've been wearing them off and on since the late 60s. Plus these new MAC Lip & Cheek might go on over my moisturizing foundation even better than powder blush. But i have to see them and test them to be sure.

On my must test list are:

=> Evening Stroll - Violet cream (i'm really looking forward to this)
=> Keep It Casual - Warm wine (since i'm looking for a deep plum blush to get back to that late 60s/early 70s look that borrowed from the 1920s & 30s)
I'll test but am less excited about the sensible colors below... i have enough sensible colors already
tease.gif

Relaxation - Warm pink
Keep It Loose - Warm peach
Have A Lovely Day! - Neutral nude

Depending on how the products look and feel i might buy one... or three... or none...

VioletPearl

I just saw this pics on a spanish blog, this is Lazy sunday. It looks super greasy for me, my face would be an oil-slick from this I'm sure...

I want some cream to powder blushes, but these ones don't seem to have a powdery finish at all.

martiangurll

I want some cream to powder blushes, but these ones don't seem to have a powdery finish at all.
If they are really greasy, they will slide right off my cheek in a few hours. I am sure they would be fine on the lips as a balm though. They look more pigmented than the TLC to me.

Latest posts