MAC Casual Colour discussion

Audrey C

has anyone tried on the eyelid???
I don't think I'm up for seeing my crepey future.
thud.gif

Audrey C

This is the first dual purpose product of this type I've bought. I don't know what I was expecting, but I'm underwhelmed. It feels to me like these are not as good as a standalone cream blush would be, and not as good as a lip product either. Maybe it's obvious to everyone but me that they would be like this, but I don't like these. The price is $24 in Canada. For $17.50 I could get a lippie or l/g that I love and have $6.50 to put towards a proper blush. Now that I've tested these, I'm going to stick with the separate approach.

Out For Fun: As blush, virtually the same colour as Modern Mandarin (have and love). As lipcolour, dismal. Not only does it look ridiculously dry on my lips, it dried them out. I'm now wearing balm to try to bring them back. The product really settled into fine lines on my lips and definitely made them look far worse than they are. I've never had an issue with bleeding, but this product was certainly trying to go there. Big disappointment. Ok as blush, but I think that the finish of an actual cream blush would be preferable.

Keep It Casual: Love the colour as a lippie. Love. It's not quite as drying as Out For Fun, but it's also nowhere near as long-lasting as lipstick on me. I've been playing this morning and think I can come close to duping the look with a liner and Double Dare and achieve longer wear without the dryness. I don't have quite the right liner, but I love me my liners and am always up to add to my stash. As blush, I have the same comments as I did for Out For Fun. Hugely pigmented but can be sheered out; having said that, I think there are probably better options for a berry toned blush. The product is ok as blush, but not stellar.

I know most love these, but I'm not a fan. This dual purpose product doesn't meet my expecations of a lippie and is just ok as a blush. I don't usually return products, but these are going back. I don't think they're worth paying for. YMMV and I'm glad that these are working out for many of you; they didn't for me.

Anneri

has anyone tried on the eyelid???
My MUA actually told me to use the wine colored one as a base. So it is possible apparently - but I could imagine you need a good primer with this!

I can imagine a nice look with the Call me bubbles quad and KIC as a base!

aradhana

What's YMMV? I think on lids it might be a lil greasy for those w oily lids...not sure about the pigmentt safety issues either...

Audrey C

"Your mileage may vary."

Basically, 5 people may use the same product and get 5 different results
Yes, this. It's from old car advertising. They'd show some gas guzzler and state that it got eight bazillion miles (kms) to the gallon (litre). In teeny tiny print...Your mileage may vary. A recognition that when you're not driving on an indoor test track at steady speed with no wind, perfectly filled tires, etc. that it's not likely you'll have the same result. Now used to generally indicate that 'what I get may not be what you get'.

This lesson in trivia brought to you by the Over 40 Committee and the letter M (for MAC)! ;)

aradhana

:lol: Well, it's really pretty. I was so close to trying out that one instead of Out for Fun. It's a unique color to me b/c it's not quite red, but not really berry. It's not too dark, which I hate. I like face brightening colors, if you remember. When I tried it on my lips it made them look like they've been bitten :naughty:. This will be the next one I wear out. I was going to ask if you set it with powder, but I'm pretty sure you did. :lol: I don't make it a habit to touch my face, but I didn't get any tranfer when I did and just having it on my face, it didn't feel odd.
I actually didn't set it last night, only cuz it was near bedtime anyway...I did set it this morning with guerlain perles. Like you mentioned, just being on the skin it didn't feel heavy. In fact lighter than other cream blushes. But I don't think it has staying power based on my experience today. It's kind of gone now...given the wet factor, it'll be slightly more complicated to reapply during the day. Not sure it's the best option for moms on the go! Anyway, still like it, but more so as blush than a lip thing. I found myself wishing it sank in more on my lips so that it would act as a stain. The colour is super flattering... I think I'll try it over a tendertone next time, but maybe tomorrow I'll test drive evening stroll!

Miss Dynamite

After messing around with Out For Fun and Evening Stroll a bit, I've decided that I love these. They blend into my cheeks nicely and look no different than a normal blush...I can't imagine what a person would have done to make these look wet on them...apply half of the pot? They also look really nice as a lip color, they last for a good while and they don't dry my lips out at all. I did add a little bit of lipglass over them though because I prefer glossy lips. But it makes me happy since these are the only blushes I've found that actually look like the color they should on my cheeks. I always had problems with all blushes looking close to the same color on me.

Genn

I didnt find them feeling wet on my cheek either. I'm really happy about that. I did find OFF a little drying but not enough to bother me. I applied a little bit of aquaphor over the top of it this morning and that helped. Auqaphor is my miracle product for fixing chapped lips fast so I wanted to see if it helped.

elegant-one

lol.gif
Well, it's really pretty. I was so close to trying out that one instead of Out for Fun. It's a unique color to me b/c it's not quite red, but not really berry. It's not too dark, which I hate. I like face brightening colors, if you remember. When I tried it on my lips it made them look like they've been bitten
graucho.gif
. This will be the next one I wear out.
That sounds perfect!
bouquet.gif

liba

Thanks for this girl. This is what I was afraid of. Hmmm I think imma pass. I have to be careful with lippies, as they can react bad on my sensitive dry lips. I think imma get some of those new maybelline lipstain balms instead.
How did your lips do with the Kissable Lip Colours? This formula feels very similar on the lips, except a bit creamier and slightly thicker. They didn't blot down quite as well as the Kissables immediately after application, but they wore about equally in every other way on me.

I'm actually surprised folks have found them to accentuate lip lines - for me, they smoothed the hell out of my lips just like the Kissables, which I love. I only used the teeniest amount on the lips, though - used a plastic spatula and actually spread it all over my lips with the spatula, which seems like a totally retarded thing to do, but it honestly applied very well that way in a nice thin layer. Can't wait to pick up my goodies tomorrow!

bulbasaur359

I played with OFF yesterday. I freaking love it. I'm looking forward to my WG arriving today. Hopefully soon as it's getting hot outside. They need A/C in UPS trucks. People aren't kidding when they say how little you really need. I barely needed to scoop out much to use as lipstick and blush. It soaks into your skin beautifully and works well as a lippie too. I think it is a tad more orange on the lips than my Crosswires. May have to swatch them together at some point.

shontay07108

I wore Evening Stroll today and I'm absolutely in love with it. It was great on my lips. Perhaps, Out for Fun just isn't meant to work on my lips for some reason. Maybe more work is required, but ES didn't dry my lips out, didn't feather or fade or settle liplines. Love it. Even got several compliments (one from a man). I bought Have a Lovely Day. It's OK. Definitely my least favorite of the four that I have. It looks kinda dead on my lips, but if I sheer it out, it's OK. I don't know if I even want to try this on my face.

Audrey C

How did your lips do with the Kissable Lip Colours? This formula feels very similar on the lips, except a bit creamier and slightly thicker. They didn't blot down quite as well as the Kissables immediately after application, but they wore about equally in every other way on me.

I'm actually surprised folks have found them to accentuate lip lines - for me, they smoothed the hell out of my lips just like the Kissables, which I love. I only used the teeniest amount on the lips, though - used a plastic spatula and actually spread it all over my lips with the spatula, which seems like a totally retarded thing to do, but it honestly applied very well that way in a nice thin layer. Can't wait to pick up my goodies tomorrow!
I wish they'd done that to me! I tried my finger (both trace amounts and heavier applications) as well as a lip brush. I'm glad these work for you - I had high hopes for this product.

Mine went back today.

peachsuns

I'm loving everyone's reviews, tips, pictures, and everything! Thank you! You guys are awesome!
urock.gif

I went to see the collection this morning. They were pretty! I picked up Weekend Getaway which was nicely pigmented mid tone pink. (It looked really close to Speed Dial l/s on my skin.) I cannot wait to try it! Hope it'll work well as blush.
cutey.gif

singer82

I only got one and it would always do this weird cakey thing on my lips. Im trying to be careful with what I buy as funds are tight, so think imma pass on this one :)
Hope you enjoy your goodies hon!
cheerleader.gif

Pinkdollface

I only got one and it would always do this weird cakey thing on my lips. Im trying to be careful with what I buy as funds are tight, so think imma pass on this one :)
Hope you enjoy your goodies hon!
cheerleader.gif
Did you get one of the lighter Kissable Lipcolours? I think that the darker or brighter colours are really great in the KLC formula, but the lighter colours can have some problems.

Latest posts