MAC Heavenly creature discussion

lyseD

th_welcomeemoticonsign.gif
to you both

Richelle83

I'm team 9 (MES) and team 4 (MB and MSF). The rest we'll see. I actually need to put myself on a l/g and l/s no-buy as I'm nearing 1000 lip products (400 l/s and 600 l/g) and I really really don't need any more especially as a lot of them are still unused. *hangs head in shame*
Yowza!

Anitacska

OMG! That collection sounds amazing! I can't even imagine all the treasures stored up, LOL!  Any pictures of your fab collection? :)
I don't have any up to date pictures, my lip products aren't in one place (same as the rest of my make up) and that is one reason why I need to stop buying more.

pemily

anitacska you would HAVE to have more than ANYONE no doubt
that is so impressive :)

if you dont mind me asking how many MAC items (in total) would you have

martiangurll

I'm team 9 (MES) and team 4 (MB and MSF). The rest we'll see. I actually need to put myself on a l/g and l/s no-buy as I'm nearing 1000 lip products (400 l/s and 600 l/g) and I really really don't need any more especially as a lot of them are still unused. *hangs head in shame*
Oh, I don't feel so bad now. I def. have more lip products than I can use before they go bad (even if I had 5 extra sets of lips and applied constantly). It is hard to B2M them, even if they are way past nasty tasting with the plastic play-do effect even. Having a unique color makes me want to work with them, I just layer them on another lip product to get the color without dealing with the taste.

I am impressed if you get all the MSF and all the MB and all the MES. I would love to do that, will ultimately cut back on swatches that I think are dupes of stuff I already have (like the gold one, I have plenty of that) and will skip any MSF or MB that looks too brown for me--although in reality these can be sheered out and make great bronzers or can double as a really hoooge eyeshadow if the color is bombtastic.

liba

YAY! My store manager said they ought to have their Heavenly Creature shipment in in about 2 weeks so I'll get to check everything out then.

Just another little tidbit about the eye shadows. It seems you can break them down into three distinct finishes: one is the usual glittery MES, one is the more flat and matte type (as you could get in Semi Precious ones such as Jade's Fortune and Unsurpassable if you got one with wide veins), and YESSSSSSS one has the same wet sheen as the SP MSFs!! This is rocking my world and probably means I will be stuck buying some shades I honestly already have dupes for, just to get that fantastic texture!

Rinstar

Oooooh they'll have the goodies in 2 weeks?? Awesome, I may be able to check the collection out too.

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie
Eep! I want nearly EVERYTHING! I only got 4 MES from SP last year... will definitely get more from this one as long as they have that nice wet sheen that I love!

BeckyBenett

Hey, I'm also new to Specktra, I've referenced it lots of times, but never posted. I'm so excited for this collection! I like the theme and love mineralized products. I've never tried an MES, though. I think I want Pleasureseeker ls, Light Year and Center of the Universe MSF's, and Earthly and Aurora MES. :)
th_770016001157748873-final.gif
Welcome to Specktra!!

duckrodeo

Holy Toledo! How do you keep track of them all? Are they organized? I would love to see pictures, just to drool over! lol

Mac-Guy

Oh, I don't feel so bad now. I def. have more lip products than I can use before they go bad (even if I had 5 extra sets of lips and applied constantly). It is hard to B2M them, even if they are way past nasty tasting with the plastic play-do effect even. Having a unique color makes me want to work with them, I just layer them on another lip product to get the color without dealing with the taste.
I am impressed if you get all the MSF and all the MB and all the MES. I would love to do that, will ultimately cut back on swatches that I think are dupes of stuff I already have (like the gold one, I have plenty of that) and will skip any MSF or MB that looks too brown for me--although in reality these can be sheered out and make great bronzers or can double as a really hoooge eyeshadow if the color is bombtastic.
iagree.gif
... especially for the Fall when you want to switch your usual bronzer.

annemariemakeup

I originally was going to skip the MES and just get 2 MSF (Light Year & Center of the Universe) and a blush (Solar Ray), but now my MES list is slowly growing! Invincible Light and Earthy are must haves for me but I'm also debating on adding a bright colour like Water or Sky to my collection.
Pleasureseeker lipstick is definitley still on my list! I've had skippers remorse for about 4 years over that shade! As if I need another peachy colour, but I know I will kick myself if I don't pick it up this time. I still have Cut a Caper from when it was previously released so I'm glad I didn't swap it or B2M it!!

singer82

Oh yeah I totally hear ya. It has been a struggle. Esp with deals and awesome collections happening everywhere. But when you arnt eating cause of money problems and cant pay bills you gotta do what you got to do ya know? Yeah I am passing on hey sailor
icon_eek.gif
which really saddens me cause I love color! Hope you can keep your list at just two, but I know how hard it it :)

I missed out on the April collections but I'm telling myself it's all good... Haha.. I'm planning on cleaning my makeup drawer this weekend so maybe I'll do a post on my new storage system. It's definitely difficult to go on a no-buy though. That's why I disappeared from this forum. I knew I would be sorely tempted. My self-control is really weak and these collections always make me want more.
th_drool.gif
But maybe you'll be better at it! You're passing on Hey Sailor?! I'm so impressed!
I have my eye on the Bronzer and Blush. Hopefully, I'll limit myself to just those when it comes out here in Singapore.

It's so great to be back! i honestly love you ladies!
eyelove.gif
Thanks girls!! It's so wonderful to see all you familiar faces and a whole bunch of new ones! Our Specktrette family has grown!!

Richelle83

Oh yeah I totally hear ya. It has been a struggle. Esp with deals and awesome collections happening everywhere. But when you arnt eating cause of money problems and cant pay bills you gotta do what you got to do ya know? Yeah I am passing on hey sailor
icon_eek.gif
which really saddens me cause I love color! Hope you can keep your list at just two, but I know how hard it it :)
Your post reminded me of this http://www.crunkymonkey.com/semi-pr...y-my-rent-but-im-fucking-gorgeous-t-shirt.htm. I know a few people who follow this as a motto.

Latest posts