Mac Pro Palettes discussion

meg_curls

I own 15 palettes, but some of them have the clasps broken so I was thinking of replacing them with the new ones. But for the price increase it needs to be significantly better for me to justify it over stocking up on the current ones

toautumn

I have been holding out on buying palettes for so long because I don't like the black lids, so I really hope these will finally be clear.

Mac-Guy

Is anybody planning on changing out their old palettes? I won't, unless they break.

I will start using the new ones for new refill purchases though.

pemily

I keep everything in individuals I know it's a pain to store but I was lucky enough to snag a room just for my mu... They just look cuter!

romi79_2008

I want to use the new ones for es and the old ones for blushes. The blushes are all the same size,but the are different sizes I hope the new palette will help with that!

rockin

Am I the only one who likes their eyeshadows in single form?

If I only had a few eyeshadows, I would be quite happy with them in individual pots. Since I have a lot, though, they take up so much room and palettes are the way to go. I really wish they would bring out the limited edition eyeshadows as pro pan ones, too - it would save all the hassle of de-potting.

pemily

i like them too (i do this with blushes for instance) but I just travel too much i eventually need a depotting day!

Quote: Originally Posted by pemily

I'm racking my brain to try and store them but I just feel if I pan them it's harder to keep track and I won't enjoy them as much! I generally reach for individuals.... If I travel I tend to take my Laura mercier lingerie pallet as the only vacations I go on are Bali, Bangkok etc and you literally can't wear a stitch of makeup there

Icecaramellatte

I tend to use my single shadows more. I think it's easier to see the colors with the clear tops. I don't use my palette shadows as much. But I simply don't have anymore space. My shadows are stacked on top of each other and my large shadows are in a basket that I have to dig through everyday. I usually end up dumping everything out to find the color I want.

shellygrrl

Staff member
I want to see what the new ones look like first. That said, I do agree; this is a massive price increase by selling inserts separately from the palettes. Wouldn't it have been easier just to sell two palettes -- one with inserts and a freestyle one (similar to MUFE)? I just bought a 15-pan one for my eyeshadows earlier this year; it's about half-full. I'm not sure what I'll do if/when I get more shadows -- get another 15-pan as a backup, or switch to a freestyle palette, or find another palette with inserts that'll hold MAC-size eyeshadows (like the Stars Makeup Haven ones). Gah.

DILLIGAF

Though it would drive me nuts to have to mix old palettes with new ones. I have at least 7 palettes and it would cost me too much to have to switch them all out. I love the idea of the clear tops and I will most likely buy the new ones for any new shadows or depotting I may do.

sss215

Is anybody planning on changing out their old palettes? I won't, unless they break.

I will start using the new ones for new refill purchases though.
I'm definitely not changing. The ones I have are durable and have been holding up pretty well for years! Right now I am working on adding the ones I use frequently to one palette and the shadows that look better as blushes, highlighters, and contour colors to another. I can't wait to see what they do. There are so many alternatives to the MAC palette system out today, so it will be nice to updates.

paparazziboy

i was told they weren't clear lids :( but these will be similar to the japonesque pallets is what i was told im still waiting to see them in person

princess sarah

noooooooooooooooooooo!!! I was so looking forwrad to clear lids for these. I have 2 Blush palettes and 2 eyeshadow palettes (about to order a 3rd, but was holding out for these new ones).

Will have to wait to see a pic now, disappointed

Latest posts