MAC for Marilyn

Pinkdollface

Love Goddess and Deeply Adored look so pretty! I'm so glad at least Deeply Adored is a darker red, because I really wanted one to be like that. Some people are saying it might be similar to Rocker, but I think Rocker is a bit darker and has more brown. Of course I haven't seen those two yet, but it looks like that in swatches. I will probably get Charmed, I'm Sure too, but I still wonder how it compares to Russian Red and Runaway Red. I think I'm going to get a BU of Scarlet Ibis, since I really like it and was sad that I didn't get a BU with Iris Apfel. So far DA and LG look like BU material as well. What can I say I just love red lips. I also do not have a problem finding the right red for me. I think all the reds I have look good on me and I have Scarlet Ibis, Red Racer, Ruffian Red, Russian Red, Runaway Red, Chanel Famous and Chanel Dragon. Need to make the red lippie family bigger of course
girlhaha.gif

The beauty powder and blushes look very nice too. I hope the beauty powder will work as a highlighter or brightening powder on me.

Audrey C

Nars Moscow is INSANELY flattering on me, and I've very cool-toned and NW10/NW15ish. It looks great on my mother (NC30/NC35ish) and my best friend too (NC20). I think it might be one of those rare reds that flatters a lot of people.
It's one of my favourites. I adore Amsterdam too. I'm trying hard to stay away from some of the other reds they have, but I love their pure matte finish. What I love about the NARS reds is that they're pigmented but not bright; I feel very comfortable in them at the office because they aren't in your face reds. I have lots of MAC reds that I love, but they somehow all pack more of a punch.

Fiberluver

Wow. We have the exact same coloring. We can wear any kind of red, if I may say so myself. Never met a red I was afraid to try, but it's all about the finish for me personally. If you like, I can give you the names of my Mac and non-Mac favorites when it comes to red lipsticks.
Shontay,

Yes please! (Even though post was not directed to me thanks so much!)

Corally

Hm.. might skip the pb after all.. and pick up one of the lippies instead. So far, the pb looks so flat and dull. Oh well, we'll see.. The blushes look great!

Audrey C

The more I see swatches of Love goddess, the more I like it and I also like the dark red one (Deeply adored?).. I may skip it for Rocker but I'm afraid I'll rarely wear this kind of shade :/
I wish I could wear some of the pinks - I tried this year with Girl About Town but I didn't end up keeping it. Even my husband and son who would normally not say a word about my makeup both offered that it looked horrific on me. Er...thanks?
girlhaha.gif

If you can wear CYY or Party Parrot, I'm sure you'd be able to rock a bright red. Why not start with something a bit more muted (wear one as a stain, maybe) to get used to the tone? :)

Haven

I will probably end up with all of the ls except Pure Zen (which I already have in regular packaging). I also want the blushes & the bp. I primarily want the bp for the compact, which I know is stupid. Maybe the powder will actually look good on me.

The es & glosses are doing nothing for me. I need to resist buying one of each though just for collection sake.

lyseD

I posted earlier that I have two BPs from last year and had been using them as a highlight. I liked them but didn't think they were anything special.

After reading a few posts here I thought I would try using them all over my face -- UNBELIEVABLE -- my skin looked so gorgeous and glowy. My daughter commented as soon as I came out of my bedroom!

luvlydee

What are you getting again?
i want to get charmed im sure, deeply adored, love goddess, and the bp.
I'm not sure about scarlet ibis. im not too fond of orangy red colors, i have mac ladydanger and nars heatwave but im not in love with them

lilinah

Cool! Thanks!

'How To Marry' e/s appears to be closer to what i hoped Office Hours 'Ever Ivory' would be like, smooth and shimmery. But i still need to see 'Preferred Blonde' : it's a little warmer and i might like that better ; then again, it might be too close to some UD e/s i have.

I'll pass on all the lip products, and all the other eye products in this collection.

And i'll probably pass on the blushes and beauty powder, too. I really "blushed out" on MAC over the past 2 years: over 2 dozen MSFs, EDSFs, beauty powders, blushes & highlighters (powder, mineralize, ombré, pearlmatte, pro longwear), and Casual Colour Creams -- and 18 more from 6 other brands! Stop me before i blush again!

kimbunney

See I'm on the fence about Scarlett Ibis as well. I'm thinking maybe I can tone down with a liner to make it more red with a hint of orange. I don't own any opague orange lipsticks or red orange ones.
i want to get charmed im sure, deeply adored, love goddess, and the bp.
I'm not sure about scarlet ibis. im not too fond of orangy red colors, i have mac ladydanger and nars heatwave but im not in love with them

luvlydee

See I'm on the fence about Scarlett Ibis as well. I'm thinking maybe I can tone down with a liner to make it more red with a hint of orange. I don't own any opague orange lipsticks or red orange ones.
are you going to get any of the other lipsticks, if so i guess u can skip scarlet ibis and then you can see if any of the orangy red lipsticks from mac or other brands look good on you. or when in doubt, buy it and sell it here on specktra if you dont like it lol

singer82

Looks like I'll be sticking to my list I had from the beginning. I'm excited for the beauty powder now. This one seems light enough to be used all over the face for a soft glow without looking like a disco ball lol. And Love Goddess is gorg! Knowing MAC these days might have to start stalking :)

Richelle83

I have pics and videos! Deeply Adored sold out this morning and the shadows look just like regular ones but I'm a bit confused still if they are indeed pressed pigments. One thing for sure they are not like the F&B if they are pressed.

Mac-Guy

I have pics and videos! Deeply Adored sold out this morning and the shadows look just like regular ones but I'm a bit confused still if they are indeed pressed pigments. One thing for sure they are not like the F&B if they are pressed.
Did you have fun at the event?

hwdsprincess

i want to get charmed im sure, deeply adored, love goddess, and the bp.   I'm not sure about scarlet ibis. im not too fond of orangy red colors, i have mac ladydanger and nars heatwave but im not in love with them
Those are the colors I ordered and you're right scarlet ibis pulled too orange and I didn't like it I'm not as well too fond of orangy reds

kimbunney

Just Love Goddess. I think I already have enough reds to last me a lifetime. lol

Can't wait to see the pics Richelle!!!
are you going to get any of the other lipsticks, if so i guess u can skip scarlet ibis and then you can see if any of the orangy red lipsticks from mac or other brands look good on you. or when in doubt, buy it and sell it here on specktra if you dont like it lol

Liz2012

So exciting, can't wait to see em!
yahoo.gif
What did you end up getting? :)

Latest posts