Which moisturizer with SPF would you recommend? (preferably SPF 30 or more)

Kat K

Now that summer is right around the corner I really need to get a good moisturizer with high SPF that I can wear under my makeup. Right now, I'm using a normal moisturizer plus MAC's prep and prime SPF 50. It works great but I really want a 2 in 1 product to help me cut back on the amount of time I have to spend putting on makeup. Any suggestions? Thanks!

naturallyfab

I've only heard amazing things about the La Roche Posay skin care line, and I found their spf moisturizer here on amazon. http://www.amazon.com/La-Roche-Posay-SPF-50ml/dp/B002W2JJB0/ref=pd_sim_bt_1

Kat K

I've only heard amazing things about the La Roche Posay skin care line, and I found their spf moisturizer here on amazon. http://www.amazon.com/La-Roche-Posay-SPF-50ml/dp/B002W2JJB0/ref=pd_sim_bt_1
Thanks! I've heard a lot of good things about this moisturizer actually so I think I'm going to give it a try!

Ikram

I use Keys Sopa Solar RX moisturizer which has been rated with the best rating on the EWG list for couple of years now.

http://breakingnews.ewg.org/2012sunscreen/best-sunscreens/best-moisturizers-with-spf/

I used to have Anthelios but I find it unbelievably nasty and greasy. In general most of the US or EU made suncreens are for some reason greasy and sticky or they do not offer complete protection or they are full of chemicals. You might want to look at some Asian suncreens which are better.

Kat K

I agree! I hate using sun screen because it's always greasy and nasty. So I've really been trying to find something that works well under makeup and isn't greasy. So far I've only been wearing tinted moisturizers in the summer. I think I'm going to try some Japanese brand sunscreens this summer. But most of them have alcohol in it =(

KarmaB

Thanks for this thread. I so need a good moisurizer with SPF. Everyone I have tried I've hated, but I may give the Cetaphil's DermaControl a try.

Kat K

Thanks for all the replies. Just a quick followup question. How long do you let your moisturizer sit and set before you put on primer/foundation??
Not matter what moisturizer I use, it just feels greasy to me so I'm wondering if it's because I'm not giving it enough time to sink in.

Thanks!

KrissyEmme

For a day-to-day moisturizer, any one with a SPF of 15 to 30 will do. If you are going to be outside for longer periods of time, especially during the middle of the day, I recommend using sunscreen in addition to the moisturizer, with a SPF of 45 to 50. Make sure your sunscreen is labeled "broad-spectrum" as well; you want protection from both the UVB and UVA rays. The FDA actually just recently passed new regulations that require manufacturers to label their products (which will include cosmetic companies that have moisturizers with SPF) "broad-spectrum." Before these new rules, sunscreen manufacturers were only required to report the SPF value of the UVB rays (or burning rays) and not the UVA rays (which are responsible for actually aging the skin and causing damage at a cellular level).

Also, if you are looking for something a little more natural, try a mineral sunscreen. These usually contain zinc oxide or titanium dioxide (or a combo of the two). They come in the lotion-type products or powder based. The powder based sunscreens are great because many of them can act as a setting powder and sunscreen, plus you can re-apply them as necessary. Bare Minerals makes a loose powder with SPF 25 and a pressed powder with a SPF 15. Hope I could help!

Babylard

I find SPF in make up not reliable enough. I mix SPF 50 sunscreen into my daytime moisturizer and also use BB Cream with SPF 30 or higher. If you mix sunscreen into your moisturizer that is kind of like 2 in 1? ;D

lindas1983

Ultrasun do a once a day anti ageing facial sunscreen in spf 30 and spf 50, I find it pretty good and i like the fact that it gives you eight hours protection.

Kat K

Has anyone tried mixing sunscreen into their foundation? I wonder if that would work. I don't usually stay out under the sun for too long but during my commute to work I do tend to get to exposed to a decent amount of sun for around 15 to 20 mins. I've been wearing a gel sun screen with spf 26 for the past month and it sits well under my make up. But I'll definitely look into powder type sunscreens so I can re-apply if I need to. Thanks for all the help =)

PRESIDENTslim

i use Shiseido. I love it. it defends against UVA/UVB. Its water & perspiration proof. even better, it absorbs FAST

[h=1]http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/shiseido-ultimate-sun-protection-cream-for-face-spf-55-pa/3084171?origin=category&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=&resultback=3468[/h]

anne082

I used to use the Lancome Bienfait Multi-Vital SPF 30 Lotion and i really like it.
its a lightweight lotion that is very smooth and absorbs very quickly into skin
but this product is a good moisturizer for dry or combination skin in my opinion

PRESIDENTslim

cheerleader.gif

Babylard

I really like Neutrogena ultrasheer sunscreen over my moisturizer and under make up. I also like BRTC 3D Jasmine Pact SPF 50 as a powder with SPF. Skin 79 Diamond UV Perfect BB Pact SPF 30 is also a staple of mine. If you want high spf in products, you should definitely look into Asian cosmetics. BRTC jasmine BB Cream spf 30 is my current favourite!

Latest posts