Chanel Les Expressions de Chanel 2012

Miss QQ

They look beautiful, but not sure if I can wear the pink. The gold does look more glittery, but the glitters look less chunky than Fantasme, the white Illusion d'ombre.

Monsy

http://imabeautygeek.com/2012/06/08/f-is-for-fall-collection-chanel-fall-2012-makeup-and-nail-polish-sneak-peek/#more-35161

Icecaramellatte

I should have posted here instead of under the Chanel Chat thread but I saw the quad (Intuition) on Chanel's site not too long ago but it seems to have disappeared.

Haven

I am not sure now about the new Illusion dD'Ombres. They pinkish one may make me look like I have an eye infection.

katred

Specktra Bestie
They really aren't frosty at all. They have a lovely shimmer, but nothing that is to much. I own the lilac-purple one, the pewter one and the peachy one and I love the colours and the finish.
Thanks. I had one of them (the lovely pewter-green one) applied to my lids by a MUA at one of my Chanel counters and I didn't like the effect, but that particular counter seems to hire the clumsiest people to work there. One time I had one of them put a lipstick on me- not a really difficult thing- and she completely missed my cupid's bow. There was lipstick everywhere. Anyway, all that to say that I might not have gotten the best impression...

I'm tempted by the coral-pink shade a bit, because those shades seem to work strangely well on me. I'll have to check it out in person. I've also been very tempted by Mirifique, which seems to swatch as the most beautiful sparkly black I've ever seen.

Dominique33

Mirifique is gorgeous, and the texture is a ready-to-wear one. With the Illusions d'Ombre you can get a smokey eye in 5 minutes, it is intense and sparkly ( but not in excess ), the result is very pretty. The others are great too, depends on what you expect and wish.

baghdad81

I bought Vision illusion d'ombre. It's like the gold counterpart to fantasme (which I also bought). I like it! Attraction swatched like a more intense, cream version of NARS orgasm. On my eyes (somewhat pigmented with a yellow undertone), it turned into a peachy barely-there colour with gold shimmer catching the light sparingly. I like it, but don't need it and I am certainly not paying 37$+tax to get something that looks that natural. I skipped! They had no idea about the blue illusion d'ombres. Makes me think they'll be Chanel exclusives.

jmarie

Thanks, I don't think I will want Attraction from your description. I might like Vision, though.

baghdad81

Emerville shows up more as a glittering base while this is more skin-like with flecks of gold catching the light

katred

Specktra Bestie
They had no idea about the blue illusion d'ombres. Makes me think they'll be Chanel exclusives.
ITA on both descriptions. Vision is like Fantasme in that it's got more sparkle, but the base colour is less opaque. It's kind of like Mac's Goldmine in terms of colour in that it's very saturated and very yellow-gold (but since it's not quite opaque, it's not as intense).

The two combined look like a sunset for sure.

Shypo

Man, these look awesome (I'm just getting caught up after a long hiatus).......any news on whether these will be available in the US?

Winthrop - I have the 'first' Variations quad - I think this looks similar to that one (I need to go get it and see) and the 2 IdOs are beautiful.......I hope I can get my hands on them and Intuition!!

Latest posts