Chanel Les Expressions de Chanel 2012

Winthrop44

I think Illusoire IdO will help US Variation alot, so I will try pairing them. I even think the "boring light brown" may look good with Illusoire. It wouldn't really occur to me to combine Illusoire with the shades shown on Cafemakeup...and she in fact suggested Abstraction in her review.

Edit: Interesting - when I swatch that light brown right next to Illusoire it does look slightly rosy, but when I put it by itself further down on my wrist - no again. The darkest shade looks really pretty next to Illusoire too.

meg_curls

So I received Vision IdO today from Nordstroms (My first Chanel product ever) and the product was pulled completely away from the sides and slides around like a coin. Should I call and send it back? I don't know if it is spoiled or not since I've never had the product before

Icecaramellatte

So I received Vision IdO today from Nordstroms (My first Chanel product ever) and the product was pulled completely away from the sides and slides around like a coin. Should I call and send it back? I don't know if it is spoiled or not since I've never had the product before
This can happen. I don't think it is spoiled though. But it is possible to get a better one. It depends on whether it is worth the trouble to you.

elegant-one

Not one of mine has ever been like that even after awhile. I would get a new one for that kind of $$$ If you tell them that it is damaged, they should take care of you.

Haven

Do you know if there are any swatches of the US version online? I am debating whether to get this quad.

Winthrop44

Not that I know of. If I have time over the weekend and can get what I feel are representative swatches with my camera I'll post some.

Liz2012

So far swatches suck, but this gives you an idea of the quad:

th_confused_new.gif
Like you said Gail not a bad quad at all but just entirely different from the EU version. I believe you said you bought Intuition as well? Is it also that different from the EU version?

Winthrop44

That bottom right color has more purple in it irl than my picture. In sunlight the colors do have a bit more of the tones that the Euro quad has. Here are some swatches, the single one is the silver alone...if you look very hard you can imagine slight taupe tones...or even purple?

Winthrop44

This is about the most color accurate picture of the quad in sunlight that I can get:

Thank you for posting this! I am really on the fence about this quad. I loved the swatches of the EU version, but this seems to be nothing like the EU version.
It's really very pretty and looks beautiful paired with Illusoire IdO, it was just different than I was expecting. But in the pictures of my sheered out swatches I can see some of those tones that are in the Euro version. Check it out in person if you can. I wore it to the grocery store today and when you put it all together it really gives a tone very much along the lines of Illusoire.

meg_curls

Oh no! The taupe color was the color I liked the most. Thanks for the heads up.

This can happen. I don't think it is spoiled though. But it is possible to get a better one. It depends on whether it is worth the trouble to you.
Well I contacted customer service, but all they can do is give me a refund, no exchanges. I gave it a try and it applies perfectly, so I smushed the product down and to the sides so now it seems ok. This just makes me more wary of nordstroms from now on

shontay07108

Ah, I really want the new mascara, but I am not a fan of NM at all. I'll wait until it's available everywhere on black Friday.

Latest posts