WOC: Mac Marilyn

Richelle83

Does anyone have Scarlet Ibis and Sail La Vie? I'm wondering whether the only difference between the two are the matte/satin finish?
Yes, very slight difference in color. I could not tell honestly, maybe 2 people said the could see the difference.

kimbunney

LOL my bad! I just knew I didn't have access to it. I never been to a MAC store, its kind of far from me.

EekaBoo

So far this collection does nothing for me. The only items I'm interested in are: The Perfect Cheek (if its not too ashy) Preferred Blonde

aradhana

I thought these videos show two different brown girl friendly pin up looks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHbbWpjZ5eM&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=uHqLEGWqz2w&NR=1
thanks for these links!
i watched the first one so far -- i liked the way she explained why she was doing what she was doing as well as showing us the products she used!

CartoonChic

The shadows are bigger? I don't think I knew that. I figured the products would be a bit higher in price because of the special packaging but I didn't know the shadows were bigger.
It was mentioned somewhere in the main thread. There's a pic of the collection with swatches and pricing. The eye shadows have a price of $20 I think, and I think it was said because they're larger.

sandrah

They are really close, though in person you'd probably be able to tell the difference since SI is matte and SLV is not. I have both but I LOVE SI, and I've received more compliments on it than SLV, I think because it's matte. It just pops. Talking about it makes me want to use it tomorrow
love.gif

Richelle83

They are really close, though in person you'd probably be able to tell the difference since SI is matte and SLV is not. I have both but I LOVE SI, and I've received more compliments on it than SLV, I think because it's matte. It just pops. Talking about it makes me want to use it tomorrow
love.gif
That did not even matter! Trust me I looked for hours, applied and reapplied and no matter what angle, light or anything else I could barely tell the difference in color and finish. I'll have to swatch it on hubster but for me it's like I have a bu of SI with special packaging!

Fiberluver

That did not even matter! Trust me I looked for hours, applied and reapplied and no matter what angle, light or anything else I could barely tell the difference in color and finish. I'll have to swatch it on hubster but for me it's like I have a bu of SI with special packaging!
Richelle,

THX! I skipped the l/s from Hey Sailor but have Scarlet Ibis.

I'm def going to make off with one or 2 products from Marilyn. Don't know what yet.

dollluv21

for now, i dont have a set list. i want to see some swatches first but i'm interested in Love Goddess and the beauty powder and maybe one of the matte red lippes

Baby1black

thanks richelle i really like SI espoecially for the finish but do not have SLV,but might get it in a swap,so if they are the same i will probably not get a BU of SI.

bobbiedoll03

I agree with Richelle...I am not planning to get SI because I have Sail La Vie..and I never really wear it. I should probably swap it or something, but I like the packaging (LOL)....anyway...

RIchelle is love goddess dupeable? It looks similar to something...not quite sure what though.

KelseeBrianaJai

thanks richelle i really like SI espoecially for the finish but do not have SLV,but might get it in a swap,so if they are the same i will probably not get a BU of SI.
That's exactly how I feel lol!!! But the MAC horder in me is kinda contemplating SI. I have issues I kno.

bobbiedoll03

So i just recalled why I am kind of itching for The Perfect Cheek Blush...when it originally released with the Makeup Art Cosmetics collection, the MUA did a look for me using it and I loved it, but I didn't buy it as the quads were the first thing on my list and I ended up missing out. I remembered it was such a pretty flush of color for the fall and winter. I am an NC50 and I liked it a lot. So for those that are contemplating ashiness...I would suggest testing it first to see and not automatically writing it off....

My list know stands at Love Goddess and The Perfect Cheek.

KelseeBrianaJai

So i just recalled why I am kind of itching for The Perfect Cheek Blush...when it originally released with the Makeup Art Cosmetics collection, the MUA did a look for me using it and I loved it, but I didn't buy it as the quads were the first thing on my list and I ended up missing out. I remembered it was such a pretty flush of color for the fall and winter. I am an NC50 and I liked it a lot. So for those that are contemplating ashiness...I would suggest testing it first to see and not automatically writing it off.... My list know stands at Love Goddess and The Perfect Cheek.
It's def on my list to try!!!

Latest posts