WOC: Mac Marilyn

Icecaramellatte

This collection is a possible skip for me. I don't wear red lips much. I may get the eyeshadows and maybe The Perfect Cheek. But I don't know if the Perfect Cheek would show up on me either. We'll see if swatches change my mind.

bobbiedoll03

we're getting the same thing. Hopefully they all look good because im getting them regardless
cutey.gif
I know right...that packaging is going to be a big issue for my wallet

sss215

I wish there was a way they could have done brown girl versions of pale makeup.  Like how the girl's eyeshadow looks in the link I've posted.  What is our equivalent shadow for a no look makeup look? http://www.allthingsmakeup.net/tag/lipstick/
These are good. I envision a pin up look for someone my shade as being a lip focus as oppose to trying to find pin up girl shadows. I don't think there were a lot of black pin up girls in the 40's and 50's to get a look from. instead of doing a look with frosty or shimmery shadows, I really love the high glamour looks of Dorothy Dandridge, Lena Horne, Eartha Kitt, etc: which was just lashes, eyeliner and lips. When I am doing a lip focus, I like a combination of tele tint, arena, texture and one to watch on the lids with saddle, foilie, brown script, Swiss chocolate, brown down to define the crease. naked dark or deep dark pigment in the inner corners and as a highlight.

ainelson86

Very Excited for all of the Lipsticks (Except Pure Zen...Will get that one when it becomes permanent!). I need to see swatches of the beauty powder before I commit lol.

kimbunney

After looking at pictures over and over I've decided my haul will be real small. For sure I want Preferred Blonde e/s. That's the only thing I know I want. Maybe's: the highlighter I think the packaging is so cute, but I'm not real sure about the product itself. Also I missed out on Scarlet Ibis so I may get it this time around. I don't want it to pull too orange so I'm thinking about filling my lips in with a red liner to make it pull more bright red with a hint of orange. I wonder if that would work.

Copperhead

I'm getting all of the lipsticks since I missed out on Scarlet Ibis. Didn't realize it was an online only collection. I felt I was buying way too much makeup at the time and wanted to swatch the colors to make sure I wanted them. By the time I went to my counter, was told it was online only and got back home, they lipsticks were sold out.

I don't have a lot of eye shadows and I love the VP finish, so I'm getting all of them. I think I'll also get the beauty powder since I don't have any highlighters yet, and I may also get the lip pencils depending on the packaging if I don't get them beforehand. I have 13 MAC lip pencils, but I don't have those 3 colors yet. I also somehow managed to amass 30 NYX lip pencils in about a month, but I only have 2 red pencils!

I'm also interested in the NARS Andy Warhol collection. I love bright, cartoon colors!
What was an online only collection? Iris Apfel? It was at MAC stores.

Copperhead

Iris was online and free standing stores only.
I said MAC stores. Not counters but stores. I almost felt like we were talking about another collection for a minute when Kimbunney and CartoonChic said they were online only. For a minute I was like "well wait, am I in the Twilight Zone??" LOL!!

Copperhead

As for the Marilyn collection, I'm interested in Preferred Blonde e/s, Charmed I'm Sure l/s and Deeply Adored l/s.

CartoonChic

I said MAC stores. Not counters but stores. I almost felt like we were talking about another collection for a minute when Kimbunney and CartoonChic said they were online only. For a minute I was like "well wait, am I in the Twilight Zone??" LOL!!
LOL! I felt like I was in the Twilight Zone there for a minute! I was about to start flipping tables.
smash.gif

I mentioned before how I saw the lipsticks online, but wanted to try them out in person to make sure I liked them before buying. I went to a counter and was told it was only online. They were sold out by the time I got back home. I was still a rookie in the ways of MAC and didn't know it was available at free standing stores. I also didn't know where a free standing store was located in my area at the time. But I have come far in my MAC training thanks to Spektra and will not make that mistake again.

CartoonChic

My Marilyn list hasn't changed much, but now I'm not sure about the eye shadows because of their higher price. I hope it's more to them other than being larger in size, like a new veluxe pearl texture or something. If it costs more simply because it's bigger, then I'll skip.

Copperhead

LOL! I felt like I was in the Twilight Zone there for a minute! I was about to start flipping tables.
smash.gif

I mentioned before how I saw the lipsticks online, but wanted to try them out in person to make sure I liked them before buying. I went to a counter and was told it was only online. They were sold out by the time I got back home. I was still a rookie in the ways of MAC and didn't know it was available at free standing stores. I also didn't know where a free standing store was located in my area at the time. But I have come far in my MAC training thanks to Spektra and will not make that mistake again.
cheerleader.gif

Copperhead

My Marilyn list hasn't changed much, but now I'm not sure about the eye shadows because of their higher price. I hope it's more to them other than being larger in size, like a new veluxe pearl texture or something. If it costs more simply because it's bigger, then I'll skip.
The shadows are bigger? I don't think I knew that. I figured the products would be a bit higher in price because of the special packaging but I didn't know the shadows were bigger.

Zazzle

Does anyone have Scarlet Ibis and Sail La Vie? I'm wondering whether the only difference between the two are the matte/satin finish?

Latest posts