WOC: Mac Marilyn

True

Is there anything of interest here for WOC or is it a skip? I am interested in the lipsticks only especially this dark, true matt red but on the other hand, I have a few red lipsticks and although I wear them a lot, I don't think I can justify buying too many new ones. There's at least 3 that sound good. I'll be skipping all the rest. I like Marilyn Monroe but this collection just isn't that inclusive.

sss215

I'm checking out Deeply Adored and Charmed I'm Sure lipsticks. I don't know any matte reds. I the shadows, all VPs sound promising as well. Everything else is a skip, cause all of Marilyn's makeup was pale and barely there. The red lip is the main thing and black liners are a dime a dozen. It will be a small haul for me. The color story sounds true to her look no surprises here. I'm am interested in what the packaging will look like and what events MAC will have. What I like about the red lip is that it's so universal. I hope these shades look great on everyone, they sound like they will.

Ashleybubbles83

i'm excited because it's MARILYN freakin MONROE!!! but she did rock the pale look like sss215 said, so if MAC follows that closely, we might be left in the cold.

i'm actually more excited to see about this NARS Andy Warhol collection.

kimbunney

I'm excited about all the shadows being VP's. That would make a nice little quad. No set list until I see pictures.

True

i'm excited because it's MARILYN freakin MONROE!!! but she did rock the pale look like sss215 said, so if MAC follows that closely, we might be left in the cold. i'm actually more excited to see about this NARS Andy Warhol collection.
I'm curious about Nars/Warhol too. I'm thinking lots of pop colour. Yup Marilyn is pure porcelain so that beauty powder might be some chalk! I've never used Veluxe Pearl but the shades don't interest me. Depending on the packaging, it will probably sell out especially the lipsticks which do sound universal as sss215 said.

Richelle83

This is all I'm getting and more than likely I will BU all 3.

Deeply Adored - Deep scarlet (Matte)
Charmed I'm Sure - Dark true red (Matte)
Love Goddess - Mid-tone pink red (Satin)

The eyeshadows sound nice but I probably have dupes for all of them. Everything else(new) probably won't show up so skip. Small haul, hopefully.

TXBeautyBaby

I am interested in the lipstick, I am really hoping they are WOC friendly. Everything else I can wait and check out later but I want to get the lipsticks ASAP lol

CartoonChic

I'm getting all of the lipsticks since I missed out on Scarlet Ibis. Didn't realize it was an online only collection. I felt I was buying way too much makeup at the time and wanted to swatch the colors to make sure I wanted them. By the time I went to my counter, was told it was online only and got back home, they lipsticks were sold out.

I don't have a lot of eye shadows and I love the VP finish, so I'm getting all of them. I think I'll also get the beauty powder since I don't have any highlighters yet, and I may also get the lip pencils depending on the packaging if I don't get them beforehand. I have 13 MAC lip pencils, but I don't have those 3 colors yet. I also somehow managed to amass 30 NYX lip pencils in about a month, but I only have 2 red pencils!

I'm also interested in the NARS Andy Warhol collection. I love bright, cartoon colors!

DILLIGAF

As it stands right now I'm taking a wait and see approach to this collection. I have what I like to think are my perfect reds so I'm not looking to expand in that area. However if I HAD to buy something I would go with Showgirl e/s and Love Goddess l/s.

TXBeautyBaby

I'm getting all of the lipsticks since I missed out on Scarlet Ibis. Didn't realize it was an online only collection. I felt I was buying way too much makeup at the time and wanted to swatch the colors to make sure I wanted them. By the time I went to my counter, was told it was online only and got back home, they lipsticks were sold out.   I don't have a lot of eye shadows and I love the VP finish, so I'm getting all of them. I think I'll also get the beauty powder since I don't have any highlighters yet, and I may also get the lip pencils depending on the packaging if I don't get them beforehand. I have 13 MAC lip pencils, but I don't have those 3 colors yet. I also somehow managed to amass 30 NYX lip pencils in about a month, but I only have 2 red pencils! I'm also interested in the NARS Andy Warhol collection. I love bright, cartoon colors!
I saw you joined yesterday so Welcome!!!

CartoonChic

I saw you joined yesterday so Welcome!!!
Thanks!
flower.gif

luvlydee

Since I love collecting special packaging im definitely getting a few items even though it might not look good on me lol.

Lipsticks:
Love Goddess - Mid-tone pink red (Satin) EDIT ** i scratched off Pure Zen lipstick because it will be permanent Eyeshadow: Preferred Blonde - Pale champagne beige This depends on the packaging. Im thinking about using it as just a highlight for my brows and inner corners Beauty Powder
Forever Marilyn - Sheer pale peach highlighter

Im def getting this and using it to highlight my face. Plus because of the packaging lol

Blush
The Perfect Cheek - Neutral pink beige (Matte)

This is a big maybe. It depends on packaging and if it will even show up on my skin

Soul Unique

This is all I'm getting and more than likely I will BU all 3.

Deeply Adored - Deep scarlet (Matte)
Charmed I'm Sure - Dark true red (Matte)
Love Goddess - Mid-tone pink red (Satin)

The eyeshadows sound nice but I probably have dupes for all of them. Everything else(new) probably won't show up so skip. Small haul, hopefully.
I am definitely interested in those same lipsticks too!!!

bobbiedoll03

Well now that I know what it will somewhat look like I will be getting a haul if only because of packaging.

I have a red that I love however Love Goddess sounds like it will be right up my alley and I do not really have a pink red color (I am trying to convince myself I need this)

Veluxe pearls are my favorite finishes and I love a shimmery champagne color on my lid with a darker crease so I might pick up preferred blonde

I know the BP is going to be light but I hope it works as a pretty highlighter for me ..I get lighter in the winter so I may be able to make it work. If the packaging is what I envision, the BP is going to be gorgeous!

luvlydee

Well now that I know what it will somewhat look like I will be getting a haul if only because of packaging.

I have a red that I love however Love Goddess sounds like it will be right up my alley and I do not really have a pink red color (I am trying to convince myself I need this)

Veluxe pearls are my favorite finishes and I love a shimmery champagne color on my lid with a darker crease so I might pick up preferred blonde

I know the BP is going to be light but I hope it works as a pretty highlighter for me ..I get lighter in the winter so I may be able to make it work. If the packaging is what I envision, the BP is going to be gorgeous!
we're getting the same thing. Hopefully they all look good because im getting them regardless
cutey.gif

Latest posts