prep and prime beauty balm spy 35

gracie90

Liz: PREP + PRIME BB BEAUTY BALM COMPACT SPF30 –will be available Online and in MAC Stores Only
Liz: This is a creamy, lightweight, tinted solid cream. This multi-tasking colour corrector and face primer provides UV protection while hydrating and soothing the skin.
Liz: It brightens the skin and a hydrating film is left on the skin to help maintain moisture levels on the skin.
Liz: Apply under foundation or powder or wear on its own for a naturally perfected glowing complexion.
Liz: I would apply with your foundation brush
Liz: its available in 3 new shades
Liz: EXTRA LIGHT, LIGHT, LIGHT PLUS
Liz: I would say extra light for very fair skins

Edelmc

Liz: PREP + PRIME BB BEAUTY BALM COMPACT SPF30 –will be available Online and in MAC Stores Only Liz: This is a creamy, lightweight, tinted solid cream. This multi-tasking colour corrector and face primer provides UV protection while hydrating and soothing the skin. Liz: It brightens the skin and a hydrating film is left on the skin to help maintain moisture levels on the skin. Liz: Apply under foundation or powder or wear on its own for a naturally perfected glowing complexion. Liz: I would apply with your foundation brush Liz: its available in 3 new shades Liz: EXTRA LIGHT, LIGHT, LIGHT PLUS Liz: I would say extra light for very fair skins  
Thanks a million for that. I would be curious to try it and see what the coverage is like. I recently got the new Bobbi brown Bb cream in extra light and I love it. It gives more coverage than a tinted moisturiser but still has the ease of a tinted moisturiser

Mac-Guy

Thanks a million for that. I would be curious to try it and see what the coverage is like. I recently got the new Bobbi brown Bb cream in extra light and I love it. It gives more coverage than a tinted moisturiser but still has the ease of a tinted moisturiser
I would say the coverage is very very light. Lighter than F&B. It evens out the skintone better as TM as it has light-reflecting qualities, but it does not provide much coverage.

gracie90

I would say the coverage is very very light. Lighter than F&B. It evens out the skintone better as TM as it has light-reflecting qualities, but it does not provide much coverage.
This sounds good - I was planning on using it as a primer under my foundation :)

MRV

A BB cream can be used as a primer or foundation. My Japanese BB is quite 'creamy', it gives a better coverage than F&B. I think the Western BBs are generally sheerer.

martiangurll

Aren't the classic BB creams supposed to lighten and brighten? I am not trying to be a Debbie Downer here, and this may be an awesome primer and/or TM, but I see nothing in the ingredients that would lighten or brighten? I would love it if this did more than that, but I am pretty happy with NARS TM, unless this BB cream actually has some extra skin benefits.

mousygiggles

My new one doesn't seem to apply as well as my old one did. My old one was pure love but I am struggling with this one. I love the SPF and want to make it work.

LMD84

Aren't the classic BB creams supposed to lighten and brighten? I am not trying to be a Debbie Downer here, and this may be an awesome primer and/or TM, but I see nothing in the ingredients that would lighten or brighten? I would love it if this did more than that, but I am pretty happy with NARS TM, unless this BB cream actually has some extra skin benefits.
i think alot of main stream companies are now just using the term bb cream because it's kind of an in term to use and they mainly seem to just be tinted moisturisers rather than actual b b creams.

Mac-Guy

i think alot of main stream companies are now just using the term bb cream because it's kind of an in term to use and they mainly seem to just be tinted moisturisers rather than actual b b creams.
I'd say the high SPF is the biggest difference to the regular TM. Further, the texture is more firm in the BB. The TM is definitely more moisturizing; however, this has to do with the SPF. The higher the SPF, the more it will dry out your skin.

OhSoJaded

I agree. I have to admit, when I see mainstream companies release their so-called "BB creams", I have to keep myself from rolling my eyes. I just prefer the traditional (and superior, for me) Asian branded BB creams. But, to each their own.

To be fair, I haven't tried MAC's version. But I honestly don't have any urge to do so. I stopped trying Western branded BB creams awhile ago. But it's ok b/c I don't NEED to replace anything in my stash. I have far too many foundations, TM and BB creams. Gotta use them all up!

liba

Are you getting the compacts too? They seem to be missing in the US.
The MUAs at my store were raving about the compacts today. They'll be coming to the US before the end of the year - sometime in Nov. they were thinking.

I tried out the BB today in-store and thought it had a great texture for such a high SPF. Coverage was quite high, I'd compare it to the Mineralize cream foundation. It runs very light - I had to use Light Plus. Very nice smooth application and a lovely finish that was less bisque than Match Master, while still more matte than the Mineralize SPF15 cream. We tried a touch of Pearl CCB to highlight and that was gorgeous - a perfect combo. The only disadvantage was that I felt I needed extra moisturizing after I removed it. It didn't make my skin feel dry, per se, but it did feel a bit rough on it (like so many sunscreens anyhow).

I'm going to wait for the compact version to come out, since it's being promoted as designed for dry skin, while the tube version is for general skin types.

mousygiggles

The MUAs at my store were raving about the compacts today. They'll be coming to the US before the end of the year - sometime in Nov. they were thinking.

I tried out the BB today in-store and thought it had a great texture for such a high SPF. Coverage was quite high, I'd compare it to the Mineralize cream foundation. It runs very light - I had to use Light Plus. Very nice smooth application and a lovely finish that was less bisque than Match Master, while still more matte than the Mineralize SPF15 cream. We tried a touch of Pearl CCB to highlight and that was gorgeous - a perfect combo. The only disadvantage was that I felt I needed extra moisturizing after I removed it. It didn't make my skin feel dry, per se, but it did feel a bit rough on it (like so many sunscreens anyhow).

I'm going to wait for the compact version to come out, since it's being promoted as designed for dry skin, while the tube version is for general skin types.
I am excited for the compact too.

Mac-Guy

I'll check out the compacts if they ever appear, though most likely, I'll stick to the tube. Tubes last so much longer than compacts.

liba

I'll check out the compacts if they ever appear, though most likely, I'll stick to the tube. Tubes last so much longer than compacts.
From what they were telling me, the compact version has a different formula that forms a thin skin-like outer layer to trap moisture underneath it, smoothing and holding in your moisturizer, rather than absorbing it by drawing it upwards into the face product. The tube version is still formulated to be hydrating, but it's also got oil blotting/absorbing qualities too. It doesn't form that same type of multi-layer structure as the compact version. For dry skin and more textured skin, the compact sounds like the way to go.

I was very tempted by the tube version and have a good sized sample to play around with for a week or so, but that compact sounds like it's the one that's really up my alley, since I'm always so dry.

AniBEE

I feel like their experimenting with the formulas to see what sell most. Still waiting for this to lunch on the Canadian site. The COMING SOON is getting old on the tube version. lol I'll be getting the Extra Light as I use the Light MSF Natural. Who knows, the two just make a winning combination for me as I'm not about full coverage on a daily bases.

liba

I feel like their experimenting with the formulas to see what sell most. Still waiting for this to lunch on the Canadian site. The COMING SOON is getting old on the tube version. lol I'll be getting the Extra Light as I use the Light MSF Natural. Who knows, the two just make a winning combination for me as I'm not about full coverage on a daily bases.
I'm glad they're providing multiple options - the more variety the better!

If you don't need maximum coverage, you can get what you're looking for with the tube bb cream + powder for sure. I applied it in one layer with a 187, used a little Pearl CCB for a touch of glow and then finished with my Careblend powder I keep in my purse and I felt like I had a flawless natural look that was particularly nice in outdoor light. I'd call it solid medium coverage, not requiring multiple layers to achieve.

LMD84

From what they were telling me, the compact version has a different formula that forms a thin skin-like outer layer to trap moisture underneath it, smoothing and holding in your moisturizer, rather than absorbing it by drawing it upwards into the face product. The tube version is still formulated to be hydrating, but it's also got oil blotting/absorbing qualities too. It doesn't form that same type of multi-layer structure as the compact version. For dry skin and more textured skin, the compact sounds like the way to go.

I was very tempted by the tube version and have a good sized sample to play around with for a week or so, but that compact sounds like it's the one that's really up my alley, since I'm always so dry.
ahhh that sounds pretty interesting and something i'd like to at least try out :)

Latest posts