Chanel Holiday 2012 - Eclats du Soir de Chanel

elegant-one

Quote: Originally Posted by katred

I have to say the name of the other shade- which sounds like it could be interesting too- makes me giggle. It basically translates as "the damn woman" (which is probably reason enough to get it on its own).

I fell so in love with the duo from the Summer collection that it's making me curious about this duo. It looks like it's probably dupe-able, but if it's the same quality as Sable Emouvante, I might grab it anyway. Besides, I keep hoping that Chanel will actually give us a proper black shadow: They teased a matte black Illusion d'Ombre with the boutique collection and a matte black powder shadow with the Fall collection, neither of which materialised, apparently...

icon_eek.gif
rofl.gif
I'll say.

I have all the duos & they are always divine both color & texture - all of them.

baghdad81

I am sooo getting the new IdO if it is not similar to Vision. I am even tempted by Star Dust. This would be my first chanel holiday collection!

katred

Specktra Bestie
icon_eek.gif
rofl.gif
I'll say.

I have all the duos & they are always divine both color & texture - all of them.
One of my counters has the Noir-Ivoire duo from last holidays. I was surprised because I was pretty sure it was limited and because I still really wanted it, even though there is no reason I need a plain ivory and black shadow duo. At the very least, I should wait until this duo comes out, since the other shade sounds like it might be a little more different than what I already have.

Shypo

I ordered 24, 25 and 28. Still waiting on 25 but I LOVE 24 & 28 and I really think you would too!
I got 26, 27, 28 and 29, and samples of 24 and 25....I'm still debating them, especially 24.....I love these little gems!!!

Back to topic......
girlhaha.gif
......I really like the quad, and the JC is definitely coming home with moi........the lips look intriguing too!

Icecaramellatte

Wow! Time to start saving for Chanel Holiday collection. I like the looks of the quad, Apparence, Rouge Noir (I've gone liquid liner crazy lately), Star Dust blush, Mystery glossimer and Malice nail polish.

As for Armani, I bought all of them. Loving them. The SA recommended the light pink all over, the dark pink in the crease and the darkest color in the outer v to me. I can't remember if that was 24 or 25. But I actually liked the one that was the lighter out of the two. I think I surprised her by getting them all. I loved the previous collection of 4 shadows which were all cool shades so I couldn't pass on these as they were much warmer colors which suit me best.

thatKanojo

I'm very tempted by the quad but plum isn't for me. :/ Perhaps just a glossimer or two. Allégorie sounds right up my alley.

Haven

I got 26, 27, 28 and 29, and samples of 24 and 25....I'm still debating them, especially 24.....I love these little gems!!!

Back to topic......
girlhaha.gif
......I really like the quad, and the JC is definitely coming home with moi........the lips look intriguing too!
OT: why are you debating about those two? I am trying to decide which ones to get and need some help choosing.

If I end up really liking the Armani ETK, then I will probably skip the new IdO.

Bonitinha

Quote: Originally Posted by Haven

I will probably come home with all of the glossimers as well. Always do.

This is so me! haha :)

Spanky

I ordered 24, 25 and 28. Still waiting on 25 but I LOVE 24 & 28 and I really think you would too!
Winthrop44, I got those same exact colors! I didn't even know this was coming out, so I was quite excited to get these. I have a small collx of these: 1,3, 7?, 24, 25 & 28. I have Chanel's Ilusoire, I swatted Emmerville yesterday because it was right by MAC's Electric Cool Shadows. Is Emmerville LE? Are there 2 more of these coming out for the holidays? I have 1 single Chanel ES & it's beautiful! I'm very new to these higher end brands (I have a couple Dior LSs, my small GA ETK collx & a couple Chanel pieces). What other Chanel products are to die for? I'm interested to know if their LSs (I don't like sheer) and highlighters are worth the money... TIA!

Winthrop44

Pretty sure Emerveille is perm. I'm not a big highlighter person so you'll get better answers from someone else on those (I don't like the current one from the fall collection on pale skin), but many people (including me) love their Joues contraste blushes -- you should def check them out! And their Rouge Allure lipsticks are very popular but are being reformulated so maybe wait till the 16 new ones come out. I think that might be in August but I'm getting a little confused by the number of collections right now so could have the timing wrong. The Rouge Coco lipsticks are also nice but some are quite drying so there are good ones and bad ones, lol. Magnolia and Charme are pretty well loved around here.

Winthrop44

More pics of the holiday collection http://bestthingsinbeauty.blogspot.com/2012/07/coming-attraction-chanel-eclats-du-soir.html

andabri

http://bestthingsinbeauty.blogspot.com/2012/07/coming-attraction-chanel-eclats-du-soir.html
lol I just read her blog and came on here to mention the post, but you beat me to it!

the blush is mine FOR SURE.

I am intrigued about the lipstick. Just how dark will it be?

And also the quad looks topkapi-esque. Which I was truly never interested because of the color combo, but this one is a bit more up my alley.

Latest posts