Working for Sephora inside JCPenney

jane408

Hi guys! I had a question. I recently acquired a 2nd job at Sephora inside JCPenney. I currently work for Kiehl's so i'm extremely excited to be working for Sephora. Always have wanted to! & since i have not gone through the training process as of yet, I'm just curious for current or old employees of SiJP what your guys's starting wage was. They are offering me $10.60 an hour, i actually thought it was going to be more? Is that normal for a product consultant? Also, what is the employee discount? Is it the same as a regular JCP employee? & last but not least, is working there different at all than working at a free-standing Sephora? Thank you! Any other information about working here would be greatly appreciated :)

The pay sounds about right for a PC, they do raises once a year (pretty much everyone at my store has seemed to get one) and you get bonuses each month depending on what % your store exceeds your sales goal for that month. Every SiJCP team member gets 25% off Sephora and JCP stuff but you can't use your discount for Sephora.com or a freestanding store. You will also get Gratis (free stuff) each month which is pretty sweet. I've never worked for freestanding Sephora but from what I have heard the main difference is that SiJCP has a lot higher of a standard for education/training but freestanding stores offer more brands. I've been at my store for over 2 years and absolutely love my job. I started out as a PC and now I'm the SEC. Hope that helps!

Latest posts