New Naked Skin Foundation

texasmommy

I want to try this, too! Using up the two I have and while I like them, this one seems different in a good way :) Just not sure on my color and I know they let you return or exchange from UD online, but I'd rather get it right the first time. I wear NC30 in MAC and I'm thinking a 3.0 might work... Maybe I'll just order ;)

xbuttonsx

I bought Naked Skin the second I saw it at Macy's. I just grabbed the lightest (0.5) because I am often the lightest shade in most brands. But it was actually a tad bit too light! I went back and grabbed 1.0 and I like it a lot better. The sales associate also mentioned that they tend to run light. She looked like she was NW20-25 and was wearing 3.5. They have a foundation converter on the website so I would also try it out.

shontay07108

I bought #8, but I returned it. It's not really for dry skin, which is what I have. I'd say normal/dry. It stuck to a couple of spots and it settled in my laugh lines. Not cute. It seemed a little ashy, too. Especially in pictures. I might try #9 and see how that works in terms of color. As for the dryness, Chanel's Perfection Lumiere isn't dry skin friendly, either but I manage to make that one work. So, we'll see.

tekka21

It's not really for dry skin, which is what I have. I'd say normal/dry. It stuck to a couple of spots and it settled in my laugh lines. Not cute. It seemed a little ashy, too. Especially in pictures. I might try #9 and see how that works in terms of color. As for the dryness, Chanel's Perfection Lumiere isn't dry skin friendly, either but I manage to make that one work. So, we'll see.
Really? Glad I read that before my purchase. I have a normal/dry skin, and was only deciding between two shades to order with a friend - since here in Brazil it'll take some time to Sephora have this product. Guess I'll wait a little longer... and see some swatches too! i'm NC42, and sometimes sucks to buy foundation without trying it on my skin: it's either too light or too dark
001_unsure.gif

shontay07108

Shontay, which shade(s) do you wear in MAC?  Do you find these to run more yellow?
I don't wear Mac foundations, but I'm NC45 in a couple that I've tried. In mufe HD I'm 173 and in their face and body, 18. I'd say this foundations do run yellow. Perhaps more yellow than Mac since this one was actually a better match for me than some Mac foundations.
Really? Glad I read that before my purchase. I have a normal/dry skin, and was only deciding between two shades to order with a friend - since here in Brazil it'll take some time to Sephora have this product. Guess I'll wait a little longer... and see some swatches too! i'm NC42, and sometimes sucks to buy foundation without trying it on my skin: it's either too light or too dark :unsure:
It feels so nice when swatched on the hand. Very light and smooth, but it was so matte on my face. Not cute. I'm tempted to try #9 right now b/c I have a tan, so maybe that would fit, but I know this tan won't last long. :sigh:

OhSoJaded

I'm currently in the market for a new foundation and this couldn't come at a better time! Very excited to try it b/c I've heard good things (from the limited reviews I've seen). Wanted to order a sample online, but I'm not sure what shade I should try. They didn't have my current foundation listed on their online converter. Hoping to make some time tomorrow for a UD or Sephora trip.

texasmommy

I ended up ordering 3.0 and got it yesterday. I tried it today and so far, I'm impressed! I usually wear NC30, have combo skin (more oily in summer usually), and like medium-full coverage. It wore well even through the 100+ degree weather while I ran errands and the color stayed true (no weird orange tinge like I've had with other brands). I blended a little extra where I needed the cover and as watery as it felt, it DID cover. It's smooth, didn't smell like anything that I could tell, and didn't feel heavy.

xbuttonsx

I wish there was a 1.5! I consulted my fiance because I couldn't decide between 1 and 2, and he likes 2 better. I don't change color in my face, neck, or chest from season to season so it works out. I really like that it doesn't oxidize :)

shontay07108

I went back to Macy's today, determined to play with this foundation again. I swatched the one I bought and returned, 8.0 against 9.0 and I decided to give 9.0 a shot. It's just nagging me. I want this to work. I tested this when I got home to see if it was a match. It matches MUCH better than the 8.0 and I'm surprised. A blogger that I really like wears the same shade as me in mufe foundations, but we are obviously different in this one. Maybe it's my slight tan. I'll have to see him the coming months. This still isn't ideal for dry skin. I think I might be able to skip powder with this foundation. I'll see after more wear. However, I like the lightness and how it blends. I really wish make up brands didn't forget about us normal/dry girls. We need love too.

OhSoJaded

Our skin type/tone are very similar, so thanks for sharing. I was trying to figure out what shade I wanted to try and at least now I have a starting off point.

becca1014

I went to my Sephora inside JCPenney and got a sample. I'm a NC30/35 in MAC foundations and ended with 4.0 being a good match. I'd say it definitely is more of a light coverage but buildable. My cheeks must be reacting to the new skincare I'm trying, I had to dab a bit more on my cheeks to even out the redness a bit more. All in all, it's a nice foundation for my combo/slightly oily t-zone skin, but I'm not sure if it's good enough for me to switch just yet.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I'm thinking of trying this, since I'm due for a new foundation. I tried 0.5, but while I think it would be fine for me in the cooler months, it's a bit too light at the moment. Normally, I use Mac NC15 (the NW shades always seem too orange to me, although I can use NW15 as well), Nars Mont Blanc or Siberia, Clarins 103... I'd say now I'm about NC20 or Nars Deauville, so if anyone has any shade recommendations, I'm all ears.

Joeysgirl

I have heard that this foundation is mostly light to medium coverage. Can anyone post their thoughts on the coverage?? I usually like to have a medium to full coverage to cover all my freckles :)

Ingenue

It's not really for dry skin, which is what I have. I'd say normal/dry. It stuck to a couple of spots and it settled in my laugh lines. Not cute. It seemed a little ashy, too. Especially in pictures. I might try #9 and see how that works in terms of color. As for the dryness, Chanel's Perfection Lumiere isn't dry skin friendly, either but I manage to make that one work. So, we'll see.
I am still working on my sample. It's not for dry skin AT ALL. It even sucks the moisture out of my OILY skin. I like the way it wears (very natural finish), but I don't like the way it feels (drying).

I have 8 and it looks fine in real life, but seems to have an 'ash' factor in pictures. The next shade down is too red for me, so I'm stuck at 8.
ohboy.gif

It's definitely a medium coverage. Not a full coverage at all.

tekka21

I am still working on my sample. It's not for dry skin AT ALL. It even sucks the moisture out of my OILY skin. I like the way it wears (very natural finish), but I don't like the way it feels (drying).
I have 8 and it looks fine in real life, but seems to have an 'ash' factor in pictures. The next shade down is too red for me, so I'm stuck at 8.
ohboy.gif

It's definitely a medium coverage. Not a full coverage at all.
What is you MAC color? I was at the UD website and the matching shade for me was 8.0, but i'm thinking it'll be a little dark. I'm NC42...

katred

Specktra Bestie
I decided to give it a shot anyway. #2 is a pretty good match for me tanned. I think that 0.5 will be better in the winter. I agree that it's a bit drier than some foundations I've tried, but not so much that it bothers my skin. (Normal/ combination, with a definite increase in oil over the summer.) I do like the finish it gives thus far, although I've only had it on a few hours. I'm tempted to get the incredibly soft brush that launched with it, since I've probably read more positive reviews of that than anything.

Latest posts