Page 1 of 68 1 2 3 11 51 Last

Thread: OCC lip tars

  1. #1

    OCC lip tars

    I just ordered my first five lip tars and I am so excited.... What about you all?? I am interested in knowing, what are your favorite lip tars? Feel free to post pics!

  2. #2
    Senior Member Haven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,523
    I may give some of these a try now that they will be on Sephora's site. Still unsure about what colors to pick though.

  3. #3
    I've not tried any of the lip tars yet. (Or any of OCC's other products, for that matter.) I've got my eye on them, though.
    NARS SG Siberia/MUFE Ultra HD Y205ish. Oily t-zone.
    Team Low-Buy 2014-15 | Twitter & Instagram: mizshellytee
    Donate to Specktra! | Specktra Rules & TOS | Tips on Asking for Recommendations | The Scoop

  4. #4
    Member sfmakeup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    72
    Besides Nylon, which lip tars do you ladies think are great wearable shades? I've tried looking for swatches and it's hard to find all of the colors.

  5. #5
    Member sfmakeup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by UberMACGeek View Post
    I just ordered my first five lip tars and I am so excited.... What about you all??* I am interested in knowing, what are your favorite lip tars?* Feel free to post pics!
    What colors did you buy?

  6. #6
    Senior Member CartoonChic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    5,302
    I just ordered my first lip tar. The special edition Nylon shade from Sephora. I didn't try any of them before because I thought they were too advanced for me, but I'm excited to try it. I'm going to purchase a lip tar set next if I like working with Nylon.
    ★ Shop Me Beautiful ~ Personal Beauty Shopper Service ★
    SALE! More Limited Edition MAC

  7. #7
    Senior Member Haven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,523
    ^^^Please post pics & review when you get it. I really want to try some of these now that I can order from Sephora. Hopefully they will get other colors in addition to Nylon.

  8. #8
    I ordered Demure, Hoochie, Queen, Amine, NSFW... I'm since ordered Pretty Boy and Stalker! I definitely want Nylon though

  9. #9
    Senior Member TheLadyDanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    369
    Here are swatches (off NC30 skin tone) of all the Lip Tars I own to date.

    From left to right: Stalker, NSFW, Vintage, Tarred, Feathered, Plum (which I no longer see on OCC's site), Hoochie, Anime, Grandma, Divine, Melange, Kava Kava, Petty Beige and Ophelia.



    Closer swatches:





    These colors can definitely be mixed to create custom colors! A little product goes a long way. Per each of my swatches, I could probably paint three to four lips with opaque coverage. My favorites out of what I have are NSFW, Tarred, Hoochie, Anime, Kava Kava and Ophelia.

  10. #10
    Senior Member TheLadyDanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    369
    Quote Originally Posted by sfmakeup View Post
    Besides Nylon, which lip tars do you ladies think are great wearable shades? I've tried looking for swatches and it's hard to find all of the colors.
    Hi sfmakeup! In terms of "wearable" would you say neutrals? If so, I'd say Melange, Kava Kava or Hush. I don't own Hush, but per swatches I've seen online it is a nice pink nude without looking corpse like.

    Hope this helps!

  11. #11
    Senior Member Piarpreet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NYC & Madrid, Spain
    Posts
    3,606
    getting my first one tomorrow
    NC/NW10 but use Temptu airbrush with a little white mixed in pod
    My Pink Face: Acne prone combination skin, sensitive eyes (mostly wear glasses), dry lips
    Make Up Priorities: Mascara, foundation, highlight, bright lips, contour (bronzer), blush, wash of color on lids
    Colors: for eyes=>neutral, for lips=>neonish pinks, purple, red, for blush=>peachy, purple

  12. #12
    Senior Member DILLIGAF's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn Girl...living in the A
    Posts
    6,033
    Quote Originally Posted by Piarpreet View Post
    getting my first one tomorrow
    Which one are you getting? I've already got Anime, Hoochie, Belladonna, Digitalis, and Trollop thanks to the NYC IMATS.
    Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History
    THIS IS SPECKTRA!!!!!!!

  13. #13
    Senior Member DILLIGAF's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn Girl...living in the A
    Posts
    6,033
    For those of you that have purchased Nylon and already own Anime is it really worth having both?
    Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History
    THIS IS SPECKTRA!!!!!!!

  14. #14
    I love my Lip Tars and I'm always adding to my collection. I love the fact that you only need a drop to get the amount of color you need. I also enjoy the fact that I can mix colors to create new ones. The peppermint that's in it is very soothing to the lips as well.

    So far I have: Kava Kava, Penny Royal, Stalker, Belladonna and Feathered.

    Unfortunately the pro discount doesn't apply in stores so I'll continue to order via the website.

  15. #15
    Senior Member DILLIGAF's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn Girl...living in the A
    Posts
    6,033
    Quote Originally Posted by TreChicMakeup View Post
    I love my Lip Tars and I'm always adding to my collection. I love the fact that you only need a drop to get the amount of color you need. I also enjoy the fact that I can mix colors to create new ones. The peppermint that's in it is very soothing to the lips as well.

    So far I have: Kava Kava, Penny Royal, Stalker, Belladonna and Feathered.

    Unfortunately the pro discount doesn't apply in stores so I'll continue to order via the website.
    Between Kava Kava and Penny Royal I just can't make up my mind which one to get first.
    Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History
    THIS IS SPECKTRA!!!!!!!

  16. #16
    I purchased Kava Kava first it's more of a salmon color..Penny Royal is more brown..if that helps

    Here's a link to my blog where I reviewed the Lip Tars...there's a few pics as well...

    http://treschicmakeupartistry.blogsp...-lip-tars.html

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post
    For those of you that have purchased Nylon and already own Anime is it really worth having both?
    I can tell form the photo of Nylon that Anime is a deeper pink. In MAC speak, I would put Amine it Girl About Town and Nylon with Saint Germain. Not comparing the two color wise, just lumping them by color range. If you love bright pinks, both of them are great to have. OCC makes the best reds! I skipped all the Mac reds this year since I've tried Stalker and NSFW. I was really surprised they were so wearable because of my undertones when it comes to red. I am looking at the reds coming out with the Marilyn collections, but only because it's her. With Stalker and NSFW, I'm good on reds for a long time.
    Tried and True HG products: M.A.C Face and Body, MUFE Camo Cream #20, Ben Nye Banana Powder, MAC 208 brush, Wet and Wild Mega Eyes Cream Eyeliner, MAC 168 brush, MAC fix+, NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Primer
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  18. #18
    Senior Member CartoonChic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    5,302
    Thanks for the swatches TheLadyDanger!


    Quote Originally Posted by TreChicMakeup View Post
    I love my Lip Tars and I'm always adding to my collection. I love the fact that you only need a drop to get the amount of color you need. I also enjoy the fact that I can mix colors to create new ones. The peppermint that's in it is very soothing to the lips as well.

    So far I have: Kava Kava, Penny Royal, Stalker, Belladonna and Feathered.

    Unfortunately the pro discount doesn't apply in stores so I'll continue to order via the website.
    Lip Tars have peppermint in them? I hope it won't be a problem for me. I tried MAC Plushglass once and needed to immediately take it off because of a strong burning sensation.
    ★ Shop Me Beautiful ~ Personal Beauty Shopper Service ★
    SALE! More Limited Edition MAC

  19. #19
    Senior Member Richelle83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    5,727
    That is why I got Nylon and will still get Anime. Also why I have CYY, Pink Pigeon and Dear Diary lol. They are all different enough to justify owning all!

    Quote Originally Posted by CartoonChic View Post
    Thanks for the swatches TheLadyDanger!



    Lip Tars have peppermint in them? I hope it won't be a problem for me. I tried MAC Plushglass once and needed to immediately take it off because of a strong burning sensation.
    Yes peppermint is in the formula but it's more of a smell than a feel. You should be fine, nothing like the Plushglasses.
    I'm still in my awkward phase....bear with me -_-
    #TeamPurpleOCDHoarderPigment/Glitterwackadoo

  20. #20
    Senior Member CartoonChic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    5,302
    Quote Originally Posted by Richelle83 View Post
    Yes peppermint is in the formula but it's more of a smell than a feel. You should be fine, nothing like the Plushglasses.
    That's great to know!
    ★ Shop Me Beautiful ~ Personal Beauty Shopper Service ★
    SALE! More Limited Edition MAC

  21. #21
    Senior Member CartoonChic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    5,302
    Here's Nylon compared to MAC Candy Yum Yum.


    OCC Nylon - MAC Candy Yum Yum - OCC Nylon

    ★ Shop Me Beautiful ~ Personal Beauty Shopper Service ★
    SALE! More Limited Edition MAC

  22. #22
    Senior Member martiangurll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Mile High City
    Posts
    7,218
    Is Nylon exclusive to Sephora and LE?
    Click link if you're a Star Wars fan:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBM7i84BThE&sns=fb&safety_mode=true&persis t_safety_mode=1&safe=active



  23. #23
    Senior Member shontay07108's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    9,637
    Quote Originally Posted by martiangurll View Post
    Is Nylon exclusive to Sephora and LE?*
    Yes and yes. It's online only, too. I ordered it through the Sephora store at amazon, but for some reason it was cancelled. They waited a whole day to tell me! Anyway, went directly to Sephora and ordered it. I should have it early next week. I'm so impatient.

  24. #24
    Senior Member neondust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    KNOXVILLE TN
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by CartoonChic View Post
    Here's Nylon compared to MAC Candy Yum Yum.


    OCC Nylon - MAC Candy Yum Yum - OCC Nylon
    OH MINE WILL BE HERE TOMORROW! Thanks for this so excited!

  25. #25
    Senior Member DILLIGAF's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn Girl...living in the A
    Posts
    6,033
    Quote Originally Posted by sss215 View Post
    OCC makes the best reds! I skipped all the Mac reds this year since I've tried Stalker and NSFW. I was really surprised they were so wearable because of my undertones when it comes to red. I am looking at the reds coming out with the Marilyn collections, but only because it's her. With Stalker and NSFW, I'm good on reds for a long time.
    Looks like I'll be getting Nylon as well then.
    Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History
    THIS IS SPECKTRA!!!!!!!

  26. #26
    Senior Member Eims's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    116
    I really want to try out one of these. I can't get my hands on nylon but there are plenty of other pretty colours I think I'm gonna give them a go

  27. #27
    i have Hoochie & Divine..... & i LOOOOVE them!!!! most pigmented, non-sticky glosses ive ever owned!! cant wait to get more!

  28. #28
    Senior Member Piarpreet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NYC & Madrid, Spain
    Posts
    3,606
    nylon! and i like it a lot
    Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post
    Which one are you getting? I've already got Anime, Hoochie, Belladonna, Digitalis, and Trollop thanks to the NYC IMATS.
    NC/NW10 but use Temptu airbrush with a little white mixed in pod
    My Pink Face: Acne prone combination skin, sensitive eyes (mostly wear glasses), dry lips
    Make Up Priorities: Mascara, foundation, highlight, bright lips, contour (bronzer), blush, wash of color on lids
    Colors: for eyes=>neutral, for lips=>neonish pinks, purple, red, for blush=>peachy, purple

  29. #29
    Senior Member Piarpreet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NYC & Madrid, Spain
    Posts
    3,606
    i feel the same with mac but these are mild. not noticeable at all
    Quote Originally Posted by CartoonChic View Post
    Thanks for the swatches TheLadyDanger!



    Lip Tars have peppermint in them? I hope it won't be a problem for me. I tried MAC Plushglass once and needed to immediately take it off because of a strong burning sensation.
    NC/NW10 but use Temptu airbrush with a little white mixed in pod
    My Pink Face: Acne prone combination skin, sensitive eyes (mostly wear glasses), dry lips
    Make Up Priorities: Mascara, foundation, highlight, bright lips, contour (bronzer), blush, wash of color on lids
    Colors: for eyes=>neutral, for lips=>neonish pinks, purple, red, for blush=>peachy, purple

  30. #30
    Senior Member Piarpreet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NYC & Madrid, Spain
    Posts
    3,606
    i think it's neither. it's all a marketing strategy. somebody at sephora said, is that nylon? I said yes, and she said I cant wait till we get it here
    Quote Originally Posted by martiangurll View Post
    Is Nylon exclusive to Sephora and LE?
    NC/NW10 but use Temptu airbrush with a little white mixed in pod
    My Pink Face: Acne prone combination skin, sensitive eyes (mostly wear glasses), dry lips
    Make Up Priorities: Mascara, foundation, highlight, bright lips, contour (bronzer), blush, wash of color on lids
    Colors: for eyes=>neutral, for lips=>neonish pinks, purple, red, for blush=>peachy, purple

Page 1 of 68 1 2 3 11 51 Last

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •