WOC: Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation

DILLIGAF

I had a good look at this last weekend. I think the next time I'm in Sephora I'll ask for samples. I think I'm 9 or 10. I really had to laugh at the piece of clear plastic they had next to the display that you were supposed to use to match yourself. You're supposed to hold it up to your skin and see what shade "disappears". In the crappy lighting in my Sephora they ALL disappear when held up to my face. lol

Hi, I'm NC45, MUFE F&B  #12 Caramel and MUFE mat velvet 70 and MAC studio sculpt NC55.  I was matched in sephora to number 11 in the Naked Skin. I lightly brush the sephora baked powderr in Mahogany over it to set it. So far I really like the look. Doesn't look orange as it wears! That's my biggest MAC issue :( HTH!  
Funny enough I'm the same color as you in some products and got matched to a 9. Used it yesterday for the first time after having it for a week and felt the color was off. Even though in store it was fine. So I'll be back to the drawing board today to check out 10.

Zazzle

I didnt see a thread started. But I need you ladies to sound off. I bought it yesterday from Ulta and as far as wear goes... I LOVE IT.

I am not sure about the color. I am MAC NW43. Maybe with a slight tan. I got shade 9.0. I kept thinking in the store it looked good. I wore it to work but I kept catching myself in the mirror thinking it looked light. But I got compliments. Went back to try 10.0 and it was too red. The Ulta lady thought the 9.0 Looked good.

I want it to work. So I'll try it again tomorrow. Maybe its just me. Even DH thought it looked nice.

How are you all faring?
I'm NW45 and the Sephora MA recommended 9.0. I tried the sample at home, and it was too light. I didn't apply 9.0 to my entire face, and did not blend fully or let it settle into my skin. Maybe I'll have better results if I try again. The 10.0 on display looked too red for me also.

Bey28

#9 was too light and #10 went a lil red. #11 was perfect. It bonds perfectly with my neck, does turn colors on me and it wears really well for a full day. I received a lot of compliments on it already.

j4lyphe

So #10 was too light and when i went home and photographed #11 (which the MUA gave a sample of) it was also ashy! I will try to see if #12 will work but for now I'll keep using my MAC Matchmaster in #7.5 which matches pretty well so far and my SFF/BB combo when I want full coverage. Just need a good setting powder for my Matchmaster...

lilchocolatema

This is an interesting thread. I have never thought twice about Urban Decay foundations! I think I might stop by Ulta tomorrow and see what they are all about.

*fabulosity*

I'm NW45 and the Sephora MA recommended 9.0. I tried the sample at home, and it was too light. I didn't apply 9.0 to my entire face, and did not blend fully or let it settle into my skin. Maybe I'll have better results if I try again. The 10.0 on display looked too red for me als
i finally broke down and got the 10.0. Yes it looked red on my hand.But since this foundation doesn't oxidize... it turned out to be perfect. Ericawyatt on youtube was a 9 and she is wayyyy lighter than me. So now I'm back in love.

*fabulosity*

This is an interesting thread. I have never thought twice about Urban Decay foundations! I think I might stop by Ulta tomorrow and see what they are all about.
Get it girl.... just start from 9.0 with samples and work your way up. It is the bomb.com for oily skin.

i finally broke down and got the 10.0. Yes it looked red on my hand.But since this foundation doesn't oxidize... it turned out to be perfect. Ericawyatt on youtube was a 9 and she is wayyyy lighter than me. So now I'm back in love.
Funny enough I was told that even this too oxidizes. Im wearing a 10 comfortable now during the summer months but was told would definitely need the 9 come winter. We'll see.

Zazzle

Thanks for the update. I was afraid of oxidation, so that's good to know. Back to Sephora I go.....

Sabriney

Get it girl.... just start from 9.0 with samples and work your way up. It is the bomb.com for oily skin.
Yes it's great for oily skin. Have to go back to Sephora for a different color though! I will make this work, my oily skin needs this, and it feels nice on!

*fabulosity*

Yes it's great for oily skin. Have to go back to Sephora for a different color though! I will make this work, my oily skin needs this, and it feels nice on!
OMG... so I'm in week 2 of it.. and I just love it. Now that I got the color to not look like Latoya Jackson... I'm loving it. I knew I would love it. Because I know immediately if I'm going to hate or a love a foundation. I cannot believe that it was Urban Decay... other than liners, glosses, and those Naked palettes... I usually don't even LOOK at any foundation/moisturizer base products from UD. They got a hit with this one. They need to make more colors though... for real. Chocolate girls need cool and warm tones too (.5"s)

strawberry1

I am a nc44 in mac select moisturecover concealor (it's what I like to wear for foundation since it matches me perfectly). I got samples of the UD skin in 7.0. 7.5. 8.0 and 9.0 the 7 and 7.5 were way too light. 7.5 looked okay with a darker powder though. The 8.0 was okay but looked a lil orange. I think the 9.0 looked best on me even though the 8.0 was really similar. It's a tiny dark but I love the way this stuff feels on my skin so hopefully I can find a way to make it work. Urban decay needs to add more .5 shades for woc.

Zazzle

I went back for a sample of 11.0, and may have found a winner. I don't see much of a difference between it and 10.0 though. I also bought the Good Karma Optical Blurring Brush. I think my 187 will be taking a seat for a while, this brush is great for foundations that dry quickly.

sss215

It's nice but I am not in love. Both 11 and 12 seem to work well for me, but not loving it.

j4lyphe

I'm a SFF nw45 , matchmaster 7.5 and they tried 10 on me and it was too ashy. I tried 11 on and it looked fine in store (damn deceptive lighting lol) but when i got home and took photos of it- there was GHOST face killah LOL. When I'm back in the States I will try 12 and photograph it and sees if that one works. I kinda feel like if you're darker than nw45 this foundation might be too ashy for you...

Latest posts