WOC: Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation

*fabulosity*

I didnt see a thread started. But I need you ladies to sound off. I bought it yesterday from Ulta and as far as wear goes... I LOVE IT.

I am not sure about the color. I am MAC NW43. Maybe with a slight tan. I got shade 9.0. I kept thinking in the store it looked good. I wore it to work but I kept catching myself in the mirror thinking it looked light. But I got compliments. Went back to try 10.0 and it was too red. The Ulta lady thought the 9.0 Looked good.

I want it to work. So I'll try it again tomorrow. Maybe its just me. Even DH thought it looked nice.

How are you all faring?

Ok ... So I'm a lil on the fence and am also needing someone to sound off on this. I'm an NC45 in MAC and got shade #8. I'm not too sure on the color since it seemed to be more of the yellow undertone I needed but also thought it kinda looked ashy in spots. However the #9 I thought was a touch more red than I liked. So am totally on the fence with color. I will have to go back and test out the #9 again to be triple sure.
I rubbed it in with my fingers and it is definitely lightweight and very much skin like. But just like you fabulosity I'll try them both again tomorrow.

Ingenue

Ok ... So I'm a lil on the fence and am also needing someone to sound off on this. I'm an NC45 in MAC and got shade #8. I'm not too sure on the color since it seemed to be more of the yellow undertone I needed but also thought it kinda looked ashy in spots. However the #9 I thought was a touch more red than I liked. So am totally on the fence with color. I will have to go back and test out the #9 again to be triple sure.
I rubbed it in with my fingers and it is definitely lightweight and very much skin like. But just like you fabulosity I'll try them both again tomorrow.
I'm NC44 and I had to push to get #8 sample (SA tried to give me 7.5) and it seems to match. But my skin doesn't like the formula. I wore it for 3 days and got a cystic pimple on my cheek. As soon as I switched foundations, the pimple receded. I think it might clog my pores. I'm not sure. I only have a sample so I'm not out of any $$.

I do love the finish on this foundation though. It's so natural and it photographs very well under a flash.

Prettypackages

I wasn't able to get a sample, but I am nc44 mufe 173 and the site told me i was 8. I am iffy on the range too, I also noticed that 9 was a lot more red than 8.

shontay07108

I returned #8 and bought #9. I tried it out and seems to be a perfect match for me. I'm 173 in mufe hd. #8 seemed too light and that may or may not be b/c I've probably tanned. Ingenue, what you say is interesting. When I tried the foundation tonight and the removed it, my skin felt a bit different. I'm using new make up remover wipes, so I thought it was just that. I really hope this foundation doesn't cause a breakout. I'm keeping my receipt anyway and I will give this foundation a spin all day tomorrow and see what happens.

*fabulosity*

its interesting that they have "18" shades and we all are still having issues with shades. I am usually not a hard person to fit. i like Laura Mercier and she has what 2 shades for brown girls. Why don't the darkest colors have cool shades? (.5)?

someone in the other thread said it doesn't oxidize and I thibk I agree thats what I'm not used to.

Still loving the formula for my crazy oily skin. I am getting about 3 hrs worth of no shinies.

*fabulosity*

I think Im sticking with 9. How has your experiment been going? I don't trust that color matcher they have online. I did it and it kept telling me 8. 8 would make me look like LaToya Jackson. No bueno.

Sooooooooooooooo Shade #8 is not for me. In normal light looks fine. But flash photography, an ashy mess. So I'm returning shade #8 for shade #9 and hopefully that'll be a better fit. On a side note though, besides me looking ashy it photographed BEAUTIFULLY. I did however notice a few (like 2-3) new pimples on my chin and had minor shine breakthrough on my nose, none on forehead or chin after 5 hours. And thats GREAT considering I'm always oily in my T zone.
Will continue to update you all once I get my right shade down and have used it enough to see if any other breakouts occur.

jerzgrl8044

UD missed the mark! I am between 9 and 10. usually a mac nw43 studio fix fluid and nc50 in pro longwear concealer. not a fan at all.

*fabulosity*

UD missed the mark! I am between 9 and 10. usually a mac nw43 studio fix fluid and nc50 in pro longwear concealer. not a fan at all.
Girl you gonna make me go get the 10... Lol. I am still loving the wear on this. I want to try the esteelauder invisible fluid.

shontay07108

Returned #9 yesterday. Now I'm done with this foundation. Like I said before 9 ended up a much, much better color match for me than 8, but the formula doesn't work for me. This is not dry skin friendly. Settled so deep in my laugh lines that I looked like the crypt keeper.

*fabulosity*

Shontay, I couldnt help but lol. We are trying hard here. But i agree it can't be remotely dry skn friendly. I am an oil slick ..think Crisco... and it keeps me demi matte.. better than all thespecifically made for oily skin foundations. Which is why I am determined to make this joint work..lol.. now about to hit up Ulta and get a 10. damn.. damn..damn..lol.

shontay07108

I swear, I keep trying so many different foundations but I keep coming back to MUFE. I use all of theirs except mat velvet (obviously) and they are HG products for me. I just had to try UD, though because I liked the idea behind it and the packaging. My Chanel Perfection Lumiere isn't the greatest for dry skin, but I can definitely manage it. This UD foundation is just impossible for me.

MAChostage

This is looking like a fail for me, too. I tried 8.0 and 9.0 today. Both were off in one form or fashion so I thought I'd try 7.5 just for kicks. No store in my area received that particular shade. I guess I'm pretty much done with it, too. Why is it so damn hard for companies to get our foundation shades right, especially after all of this time???

I swear, I keep trying so many different foundations but I keep coming back to MUFE. I use all of theirs except mat velvet (obviously) and they are HG products for me. I just had to try UD, though because I liked the idea behind it and the packaging. My Chanel Perfection Lumiere isn't the greatest for dry skin, but I can definitely manage it. This UD foundation is just impossible for me.
I returned the 8 and still have not tried the 9 yet. I agree about MUFE I use their mat velvet and not only do I find the shade perfect it does what it's supposed to.

amynicolaox

i'm usually a mac nc40.. but also in lancome teint miracle wear a bisque6w, today i bought it with me to compare it with the UD range and i found it hard to find a colour match.

i have quite yellow undertones and the 6.5 was a little too pink/light while the 7.0 was too dark..

i was disappointed as i'd love to give this a try & thought for certain with such a range of shades i would surely find a great match.

Bey28

Hi,

I'm NC45, MUFE F&B #12 Caramel and MUFE mat velvet 70 and MAC studio sculpt NC55. I was matched in sephora to number 11 in the Naked Skin. I lightly brush the sephora baked powderr in Mahogany over it to set it. So far I really like the look. Doesn't look orange as it wears! That's my biggest MAC issue :( HTH!

HeavenF

I love this foundation...it's neck and neck with my MUFE foundation. I'm shade 6.5 in UD and 160 in MUFE. I probably will use both of them,because I can't choose just one.

j4lyphe

has anyone who's a MAC SFF NW45(too yellow for peripherals)/ Bobbi Brown Natural finish Almond 7.0 (too red) tried this foundation as yet? I was thinking that I might be a 10 or 11 in this foundation... I really want it or the Matchmaster to work because I'm tired of mixing the SFF and the BB to get my colour...

Latest posts