WOC: Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation

tasneem2327

MisTT- thanks a lot dear :) :) i think i will be going for a 6. i am not a big fan of foundations and barely wear them.. wanted to go for urban decay for their weightless formula and very natural look. i dont want any thing that would look made up.
heart.gif

Prettypackages

tasneem2327 - I'm guessing 5 or 6, but it's always hard to say in photos. What shades do you wear in some other foundation brands?

PP I'm not really feeling my MSFN either. It does nothing for my skin.
look at you turning into a pro!! :-D

indiekicks

I haaaaated it. I tried shade #12 and it was way too light - even though the model they had under it was around my shade. Aside from that, it was a greasy mess. I love the optical blurring brush that you're supposed to use with it, though, I kept that.

Jill1228

New to this board and thread. My Urban Decay order came in and I can't wait to try their foundation. I ordered it in the 11. I'm NW 50 in MAC

Nalini

Hi new to this board and thread. In Mac, I was originally a nc42 in the studio fix fluid foundation and with using a Mac nc43 studio fix powder. It's really good. But I find that Mac has gotten a bit thick. So I shoot out for something more light. Came across Urban Decay and the lady at macys counter put a 7.0 said I was bit ashy. Then put 8.0 and was well. That was summer. So I bought the 8.0 but now it's way too dark. Went back for a 7.0 and that's too light. So what I did was mixed the 7.0 and 8.0 and I feel like I got a better shade way closer to my shade. It depends how u mix it. Just thought you should know. Works for me maybe it can work for you. Only bad part is that you have to walk with both bottles if your traveling rather than one. I do want to try nars and Bobbi brown but don't know what my shade would be, any ideas?

Jill1228

Hi new to this board and thread. In Mac, I was originally a nc42 in the studio fix fluid foundation and with using a Mac nc43 studio fix powder. It's really good. But I find that Mac has gotten a bit thick. So I shoot out for something more light. Came across Urban Decay and the lady at macys counter put a 7.0 said I was bit ashy. Then put 8.0 and was well. That was summer. So I bought the 8.0 but now it's way too dark. Went back for a 7.0 and that's too light. So what I did was mixed the 7.0 and 8.0 and I feel like I got a better shade way closer to my shade. It depends how u mix it. Just thought you should know. Works for me maybe it can work for you. Only bad part is that you have to walk with both bottles if your traveling rather than one. I do want to try nars and Bobbi brown but don't know what my shade would be, any ideas?
Nars is awesome! If you have a Nars counter at Nordstrom, they'll hook you up. I'm an 11 in Urban Decay

CarmenK

Yea Urban decay didnt work for me either. The undertones were just really off =/ If you try Nars I would say Tahoe or Cadiz and for bobbi brown maybe Honey or Golden would work for you. HTH !

Jill1228

Yea Urban decay didnt work for me either. The undertones were just really off =/ If you try Nars I would say Tahoe or Cadiz and for bobbi brown maybe Honey or Golden would work for you. HTH !
UD does work for me, but once I discovered the Nars tinted moisturizer, I fell in love! If Nars ever gets rid of it, I will scream...LOUDLY

Prettypackages

I couldn't get UD to work either.

I agree with the Nars and BB shades you mentioned. Those are perfect. Although, I'm struggling a little with Tahoe.

sagehen

Happy to hear about you folks who could not get the UD SKin to work - I was staring to feel alone lol. It didn't work for me, and I had such high hopes after hearing all the raves about it.

Prettypackages

I did too Sage. Last Summer, I tried 7-11. Nothing worked. I recently had a Sephora MUA try 8 on me. It looked only ok. They need to revamp these colors.

cupcake28

I did too Sage. Last Summer, I tried 7-11. Nothing worked. I recently had a Sephora MUA try 8 on me. It looked only ok. They need to revamp these colors.
I agree. I wanted to love it. The texture feels wonderful, but both the liquid and the powder are not right. One is too light and then the next darker one is too red. :(

xShine

I really wanted to like this foundation as well. I had originally been matched at 10.0, but when I went outside it was sooooo red and dark. It looked like paint. So, I went up to a 9.0 which was supposed to be a NC45 dupe...but damn, it's waaaay too ashy. I don't understand why their darker colors are all red. :/

Prettypackages

they definitely need to expand their color range. But I'm pretty much done with UD and all of it's nakedness. LOL The first palette was such a hit b/c we hadn't seen anything like it. I still like it but it rarely gets used. Too many other items out there, and it is way too shimmery.

CCKK

I just tried the foundation with the MAC primer
heart.gif
Is there any other foundation that is reccommed?

Latest posts