Sonia Kashuk

ninalovesmakeup

I've been really into a lot of products from Sonia Kashuk lately, and loving a lot of items. However, I noticed that her foundations and concealers are not WOC friendly. There are basically no shades for those tan and above. She has a blog, and I decided to ask if she was planning to expand the shade range. I stated that I loved her line but the color selection for women of color was lacking and if she planned to expand. Comments must be approved before they're posted, and my comment was not approved. This kind of annoyed me as it was a legitimate question. I guess I can cross this brand from my list.
blah.gif

Spruceitup

I don't use make-up from the line, but I do use the brushes. I have been using a Sonia Kashuk angled brush for about 4 - 5 years now for under my eyes eyeliner when I use pigment/in crease. It is pretty amazing and cheap. It lasts a while too and I find myself buying one only once a year. For something under 3.00 at Target I think that is pretty good.

alexisweaver

I love Sonia Kashuk's products! Especially her brushes.
But today I picked up her illuminating bronzer and originally did not want to use it because it's SOOOO FREAKIN' PRETTY! I gave in and used it though; all I can say is……. I'm going to be using this all summer!! It's warm on me but the glow makes it lovely. This is my first time actually using her beauty products other than her lashes or brushes. I am very happy and gonna head back to target tomorrow and pick up the duo!

P.S. I'm sooooo excited for her 15-piece brush set coming out. THEY'RE PURPLE!!! My favorite colour. Her smaller brushes aren't that great, but overall her brushes are steady and get the job done. I use them everyday, along with my MAC brushes. These brushes will be out some time in July.

DILLIGAF

I started my brush collection with Sonia Kashuk brushes. I love her Matte palette. I've taken it with me when ever I'm traveling. It's actually the reason why I don't own the UD Naked Basics palette. Her make up bags and brush rolls are great quality for the money paid. Her black handle brushes cost more than her white handled ones but they are again great quality at a great price. Sometimes you can catch SK on sale at Target.

alexisweaver

I started my brush collection with Sonia Kashuk brushes. I love her Matte palette. I've taken it with me when ever I'm traveling. It's actually the reason why I don't own the UD Naked Basics palette. Her make up bags and brush rolls are great quality for the money paid. Her black handle brushes cost more than her white handled ones but they are again great quality at a great price. Sometimes you can catch SK on sale at Target.
Gonna have to try that!!

MelissaLo87

I adore Sonia Kashuk. Especially her brushes, concealers, and powder blushes. Her makeup bags are freakin' awesome, too. The best I've come across from any brand.
Her prices may be a little higher than the drugstore average, but I think her products are definitely comparable to some higher end brands.

BandNerdChic

Her cosmetics bags are SO good! Really thoughtfully designed and come in a bunch of different configurations. I think all the patterns are very ugly, but whatever. I love her line. The Shine Luxe lippies are dupes for Chantecaille Lip Chics. I love the cream blushes and powder blushes. Her Velvert Matte Lip Crayons are dupes for the NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencils. The facial oil is a great nighttime moisturizer and smells beautiful...even reduced my blemishes somehow?! The matte and shimmer eye on neutral palettes are a bit powdery, but I still think they're great quality! Plus, the brushes. I think the quality is just okay BUT they're great for beginners, and some of the shapes are really great. I love the small shadow brush for patting shadow onto small lids. Has anyone tried her lipsticks?

montREALady

Anyone get anything from her Spring 2015 collections? I got the highlighter and bronze/blush stick from her Sahara Sunset collection, the Chic Luminosity highlighter/bronzer duo (not really new Spring) and the vanity tray and brush cup. In the past I've bought her anniversary brush set (purple & gold), love her eyebrow brush/comb and a train case from an older collection.

The contour brush from that anniversary set is now sold on its own:
http://www.target.com/p/sonia-kashuk-contour-brush-no-30/-/A-16945015#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=sonia+kashuk+contour

DILLIGAF

Anyone get anything from her Spring 2015 collections? I got the highlighter and bronze/blush stick from her Sahara Sunset collection, the Chic Luminosity highlighter/bronzer duo (not really new Spring) and the vanity tray and brush cup. In the past I've bought her anniversary brush set (purple & gold), love her eyebrow brush/comb and a train case from an older collection.

The contour brush from that anniversary set is now sold on its own:
http://www.target.com/p/sonia-kashuk-contour-brush-no-30/-/A-16945015#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=sonia+kashuk+contour
I ended up with 4 of the bags in the lips print.

I don't have a pic of the last bag.

Vandekamp

I love Sonia Kashuk's products! Especially her brushes. But today I picked up her illuminating bronzer and originally did not want to use it because it's SOOOO FREAKIN' PRETTY! I gave in and used it though; all I can say is……. I'm going to be using this all summer!! It's warm on me but the glow makes it lovely. This is my first time actually using her beauty products other than her lashes or brushes. I am very happy and gonna head back to target tomorrow and pick up the duo! P.S. I'm sooooo excited for her 15-piece brush set coming out. THEY'RE PURPLE!!! My favorite colour. Her smaller brushes aren't that great, but overall her brushes are steady and get the job done. I use them everyday, along with my MAC brushes. These brushes will be out some time in July.
I have and love the purple makeup,brushes too.

dash4

Me too, use them daily. I haven't even opened my Chic Luminosity bronzer/highlighter duo, looks like the bronzer part is the same as the one Alexis got.
I bought that recently too.. I freakin LOVE it !! It is so beautiful.. I

I even used the bronze side as an eyeshadow - a couple of times..

I also bought the two newest makeup brush sets and I like them.

And if you guys are in need of an amazing blending brush - pick up brush #109 - it is fantastic and only $3.99 !!! It went up from 3.99 to 5.99 at my store, but I just ordered it online and did the store pickup option-- and got it for the $3.99 price.. I actually bought multiples of it.. it is sooooo good.

DILLIGAF

I bought that recently too.. I freakin LOVE it !! It is so beautiful.. I

I even used the bronze side as an eyeshadow - a couple of times..

I also bought the two newest makeup brush sets and I like them.

And if you guys are in need of an amazing blending brush - pick up brush #109 - it is fantastic and only $3.99 !!! It went up from 3.99 to 5.99 at my store, but I just ordered it online and did the store pickup option-- and got it for the $3.99 price.. I actually bought multiples of it.. it is sooooo good.
Is that the white handled brush? If it is I love that brush. I have multiples of it as well.

LV2EVOLVE

Nirvana lipstick is a hit for spring. Very much like Chanel's Rouge Coco Shine formula. I had to back it up. I'm almost finished with the first tube lol. Oddly enough, it pairs so well as a base with Shiseido's Lacquer Rouge in Nocturne on top. My favorite combo, especially if you wear like a blush nude top or outfit with this lip combo.

dash4

Is that the white handled brush? If it is I love that brush. I have multiples of it as well.

Yes! That's the one. it is so nice.. I use it every day..
Quote: Originally Posted by LV2EVOLVE

Nirvana lipstick is a hit for spring.
Very much like Chanel's Rouge
Coco Shine formula. I had
to back it up. I'm almost finished
with the first tube lol. Oddly enough,
it pairs so well as a base with Shiseido's
Lacquer Rouge in Nocturne on top.
My favorite combo, especially if you
wear like a blush nude top or outfit
with this lip combo.
I just looked up swatches and it looks very pretty.

Latest posts