Cancer Awareness Through the Beauty of Color

Medgal07

Yesterday I used the same look as the day before.

Jete inner corner, moth brown outer and crease, with saddle as a transition.

love goddess and beet.

I had on a taupe color top, the look came together nicely.

Today,

Woodwinked inner corner, and mulch in the outer corner crease, I used Soba to transition, and I forgot the highlight color. LOL

Love goddess and beet again, as a stain.

Legendary blush again.

-----I'm loving today's look. I even got a compliment this morning.

Medgal, I like Legendary, if gives off a faint pink sheen. It's really pretty and subtle.
I love the neutrals and definitely need to try your combinations. I don't know why I didn't get Legendary! Oh yes, a bit of blood just perfused my brain and I now recall...I DIDN'T NEED IT. It becomes so hard to resist all of the lovely products. It sounds really pretty and I'm glad you're enjoying it!

Fiberluver

<VLS>,

I haven't put a stitch of makeup on for the past 2 days.

If I get a chance I will slap on some powder and a lippie.

Medgal07

PLOTD for Friday Oct 26, 2012 (Pink & Brown)
MAC except where otherwise specified
Ahhhhhh...a much calmer day today with fewer interruptions. I have been pacing and waiting for the UPS truck to arrive. I was feeling brown & pink today.

EYES:
Groundwork PP to lid
Aurora pigment to lid (I love this...it goes on so smooth and dries to a soft powder..just lovely)
NARS Galapagos e/s to crease
Star Studded (LE Mid-tone Violet Pink) above crease
Expensive Pink e/s to highlight brow
Dipdown fluidline to line upper lid
Groundwork PP to lower lid, topped with Galapagos e/s

FACE:
Estee Lauder Illuminating face primer
MAC Face & Body
P & P Light Boost Highlighter in triangle below eyes, set w/Ben Nye Powder, Banana (applied with 116 Brush)
Richly Honed to contour (applied with 163 Brush), Shadowy Sculpting powder over Richly Honed (109 brush)
MSF Blonde to high-points (applied with 130 Brush)
Feeling Flush Mineralize blush ( (applied with 128 Brush)
Bobbie Brown's Peony Petal to finish (applied with 129 Brush)
Fix+ to set

LIPS:
Embrace Me Lip Pencil
Weekend Getaway(cool rose), Casual Colour Lip & Cheek (applied with 318 lip brush)

NAILS:
MAC's Please Me (Best match w/lip color)
cheerleader.gif
heart.gif
Five Days to go........

Prettypackages

I love the neutrals and definitely need to try your combinations. I don't know why I didn't get Legendary! Oh yes, a bit of blood just perfused my brain and I now recall...I DIDN'T NEED IT. It becomes so hard to resist all of the lovely products. It sounds really pretty and I'm glad you're enjoying it!
I got the bronze look from you! LOL

Medgal07

PLOTD for Saturday Oct 27, 2012 (Pink & Black)
Today was yet another non-creative quickie. I needed to get to Whole Foods before the mod-scene starts. Given the forecast for the NE, US.
Everyone in the path of the storm please be safe!!

EYES:
Groundwork PP to lid
Endless Passion Pro Longwear e/s (mid-tone rose) from lid to brow, sheerer closer to the brow
Expensive Pink e/s to transition
Vapour e/s to highlight brow
Blacktrack fluidline to line upper lid
Groundwork PP to lower lid, topped with Endless Passion e/s
Carbon e/s very close to lower lash line

FACE:
Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer
P & P Light Boost Highlighter in triangle below eyes, set w/Ben Nye Powder, Banana (applied with 116 Brush)
Copper Beach to contour (applied with 163 Brush), Shadowy Sculpting powder over Richly Honed (109 brush)
Estee Lauder Modern Mercury Gelee to high-points (applied with 130 Brush)
Pink Swoon blush ( (applied with 128 Brush)
MSF Natural to finish (applied with 129 Brush)
Fix+ to set

LIPS:
Cork Lip Pencil to line, Hip-N-Happy lip pencil to fill
Venus lipstick

NAILS:
MAC's Please Me (Best match w/lip color) EEK still wearing. I'll change it after the hubby & I finish moving outdoor stuff out harms way
cheerleader.gif
heart.gif
Four Days to go........

Prettypackages

Tee hee. I was thinking about the one with Jete & Moth Brown. I have those shadows and have never used them. Pathetic of me!
girlhaha.gif
lol opps. LOL

I went to my cousins wedding yesterday and did the bronze pink look again.

I cheated Friday night. I wasn't going to share but had to. I went to a friends house party for an hour (I SWEAR), and wore that fall colored top. Well I couldn't resist and put on On the Hunt, and the other duo from style seeker. oh and the red lipgloss.

And you know what happened? I looked a hot mess. For some reason ( I think we all know why ;-)) the colors did not blend well together, and my foundation shade was off. I was begining to think maybe I only know how to work with neutral shadows. I'll try again, but in November. LOL

Medgal07

I went to my cousins wedding yesterday and did the bronze pink look again.
I cheated Friday night. I wasn't going to share but had to. I went to a friends house party for an hour (I SWEAR), and wore that fall colored top. Well I couldn't resist and put on On the Hunt, and the other duo from style seeker. oh and the red lipgloss.

And you know what happened? I looked a hot mess. For some reason ( I think we all know why ;-)) the colors did not blend well together, and my foundation shade was off. I was begining to think maybe I only know how to work with neutral shadows. I'll try again, but in November. LOL
That's quite a confession...LOL. I'm just wondering why your look was "a hot mess." I think you're being a bit hard on yourself!!!
sigh.gif

Medgal07

PLOTD for Sunday Oct 28, 2012 (Pink, Pink, Pink)
I'm posting much later today because we had company over for Sunday dinner.

EYES:
Let's Skate PP to lid
Sweet Lust from inner corner to mid eyelid
Sushi Flower to outer 1/3 of lid
Sushi Flower above crease
Defiance e/s (LE, iridescent white-pink)) to brow, to highlight
Carbon e/s, lightly to crease...blend, blend blend
Blacktrack fluidline to line upper lid
Carbon e/s very close to lower lash line
Sushi Flower beneath Carbon, blend lightly

FACE:
Face & Body (applied w/favorite 187 SH brush)
Richly Honed to contour (applied with 163 Brush), Shadowy Sculpting powder over Richly Honed (109 brush)
Crystal Pink MSF to high-points (applied with 130 Brush)
TPC blush ( (applied with 128 Brush)
Forever Marilyn (applied with 129 Brush) to finish the look
Fix+ to set

LIPS:
Embrace Me lip pencil to fill
Candy Yum Yum lipstick

NAILS:
Essie's Light (Neon Pink)
cheerleader.gif
heart.gif
Three Days to go........

Fiberluver

^ Oh Medgal - You wore CYY yesterday!

If my workplace wasn't closed because of the storm I was going to wear it today.

Oh well - stuck at home - no pink today!

Fiberluver

Medgal,

My sister, www.presstoblend.com, is wearing CYY today!

It looks awesome on her!

Makes me wanna bust mine out and put it on!

Medgal07

Medgal,

My sister, www.presstoblend.com, is wearing CYY today!

It looks awesome on her!

Makes me wanna bust mine out and put it on!
I used to avoid makeup when not going out or having company in, but after a 6-mth long hospitalization that I came frighteningly close to NOT surviving, I told myself that I could do these things (and then some) just for me. And so I do. I light candles even when I'm dining alone, I buy flowers for myself (although my husband is good at that too), and I wear Candy Yum Yum when no one else is around. YOLO. So Fiberluver, bust out that Candy Yum Yum, put it on, look in the mirror and repeat after me....."I can be beautiful all by myself because I am worthy." If you like you can end that with a big ole MWAH!, the way your sister does on her blog!

kissy.gif

CartoonChic

I used to avoid makeup when not going out or having company in, but after a 6-mth long hospitalization that I came frighteningly close to NOT surviving, I told myself that I could do these things (and then some) just for me. And so I do. I light candles even when I'm dining alone, I buy flowers for myself (although my husband is good at that too), and I wear Candy Yum Yum when no one else is around. YOLO. So Fiberluver, bust out that Candy Yum Yum, put it on, look in the mirror and repeat after me....."I can be beautiful all by myself because I am worthy." If you like you can end that with a big ole MWAH!, the way your sister does on her blog!

kissy.gif
I love that philosophy. When I wear makeup, I'm basically wearing it for me since I work from home.

Medgal07

PLOTD for Monday Oct 29, 2012 (Salute to Pigment)

I had a ton of fun creating today's look.
Qualifier: I like to laugh and don't take myself too seriously.
girlhaha.gif

I decided to put on lashes today...some random pair that I picked up at RiteAid but never got around to wearing. Sooooo- the overall makeup look is surprisingly nice (talk about all dressed up w/no place to go--it's stormy) but the lashes..oh the lashes. Let me put it this way....low flying aircraft would mistake them for landing strips. Every time I look in the mirror I laugh hysterically. They're just not me and/or I'm not accustomed to them. See what happens when you're forced to stay in due to inclement weather. It's lethal!
girlhaha.gif

EYES:
Groundwork PP to lids
Spicy Smoke pigment (Dark strawberry) to lids ...sheered out...little goes a long way
Roasted Chestnut (1st time using it...looks like carbon w/shimmer) to crease, blended upward, above crease
Blanc Type e/s to brows
Dipdown fluidline to line upper lids
Roasted Chestnut Pigment to lower lash line

FACE:
Face & Body (applied w/favorite 187 SH brush)
Coffee Walnut to contour (applied with 163 Brush), Shadowy Sculpting powder over Richly Honed (109 brush)
Ring of Saturn Mineralize blush ( (applied with 128 Brush)
Light Year MSF to high-points (applied with 130 Brush)
Play It Proper Beauty Powder (applied with 129 Brush) to finish the look
Fix+ to set

LIPS:
Cork lip pencil to line
Royal Azalea lipstick as stain

NAILS:
Essie's KnockOut Pout
cheerleader.gif
heart.gif
Two Days to go........

Prettypackages

That's quite a confession...LOL. I'm just wondering why your look was "a hot mess." I think you're being a bit hard on yourself!!!
sigh.gif
the eyeshadows didn't blend right, and the foundation was too light, but I wear it everyday. ~shrugs~ I don't know what happened. Then I tried to spray some mineralize fix plus spray on it and the foundation started to separate.

Prettypackages

today I was reallly simple. black eyeliner, and legendary blush. I forgot to throw a pink lippie in my bag, and wore ready to roam very faintly so it would look pink. I think I'm going to do candy yum yum tomorrow. It looks great on press to blend.

Medgal07

the eyeshadows didn't blend right, and the foundation was too light, but I wear it everyday.  ~shrugs~ I don't know what happened.  Then I tried to spray some mineralize fix plus spray on it and the foundation started to separate.  
Yikes. ..I have 'OFF' days like that with makeup when I'm rushed and I hate that. Now, Prettypackages, if you sprayed enough Mineralized Charge Water on your face to the extent that your foundation separated, you must have been trying to drown yourself. That's a pretty extreme way of getting out of going to a wedding. :shock:

Medgal07

today I was reallly simple.  black eyeliner, and legendary blush.  I forgot to throw a pink lippie in my bag, and wore ready to roam very faintly so it would look pink.  I think I'm going to do candy yum yum tomorrow.  It looks great on press to blend. 
I would so love to wear just eyeliner but black liner, especially in my waterline makes my eyes look small & almost recessed into my head. I love the look on others though. I'm sure you looked lovely. Off topic: I'm nervous listening to the wind whip around our house. It's really dark & you can't tell what's been blown over etc, and we've been without power for nearly 5 hours now. I'll be glad when this is over!

Latest posts