Cancer Awareness Through the Beauty of Color

glammy girl

Hey guys! So I was searching the net to see which beauty brands are supporting Breast Cancer Awareness Month and I came across this blog post. There are quite a few brands supporting the cause by donating part of the sales... It's always nice to know so when we do make purchases, we know we're helping someone out there as part of the sale gets donated :) http://confessionsofaba.blogspot.com/2012/09/support-breast-cancer-awareness-month.html

glammy girl

Hey guys! So I was searching the net to see which beauty brands are supporting Breast Cancer Awareness Month and I came across this blog post. There are quite a few brands supporting the cause by donating part of the sales... It's always nice to know so when we do make purchases, we know we're helping someone out there as part of the sale gets donated :) http://confessionsofaba.blogspot.com/2012/09/support-breast-cancer-awareness-month.html
Btw, I absolutely love the Bobbi Brown blush with the beast cancer ribbon imprinted in the blush and the brush with the pink handle, too cute! And a reminder as to what it represents :)

Medgal07

Btw, I absolutely love the Bobbi Brown blush with the beast cancer ribbon imprinted in the blush and the brush with the pink handle, too cute! And a reminder as to what it represents
smiles.gif
Awesome products. I love the BBB too. Thanks for sharing glammy girl !
cheerleader.gif

glammy girl

Stila is making a difference too :) They've made a travel palette specially in support of Breast Cancer Awareness and part of the sale gets donated too. http://www.musingsofamuse.com/2012/09/stila-positively-pink-cheek-palette-stila-courage-beauty-travel-palette-for-bca.html#more-71484

Fiberluver

Hi All! This is a great thread! Hope I'm exhibiting correct posting etiquette as I'm new to Specktra.net. Congratulations to all of the survivors who have posted. What an inspiration you truly are! My great-aunt was a 20 year breast cancer survivor and I stood in awe as I watched her as well as my grandmother who was her sister and had lymphoma, maintain their fierceness while going through treatments with such majestic grace. Anyway I saw that Smashbox is supposed to be doing a pink lipstick for October's Breast Cancer Awareness in their Be Legendary Line called Inspiration. I have looked high and low and can't find it!!! Any suggestions? My plan is to wear nothing but pink lipsticks for the whole month of October and blog about it. I love Shocking Pink in the Nyx Matte line, as well a Pink Pidgeon from the MAC Iris Apfel launch. Wish me luck because's that's a lot of pink!
cheerleader.gif
My sister, Presstoblend, and I are gearing up to wear pink lippies through the entire month of October. Her looks will be posted on her blog: www.presstoblend.com. She has amassed a boatload of pink lippies, pencils and glosses for this project. This is gonna be fun!

It is in honor, as she noted above, to 2 of our beloved aunt and cherished grandmother who succumbed to cancer.

What will you be doing for Breast Cancer month?

baghdad81

My sister, Presstoblend, and I are gearing up to wear pink lippies through the entire month of October. Her looks will be posted on her blog: www.presstoblend.com. She has amassed a boatload of pink lippies, pencils and glosses for this project. This is gonna be fun! It is in honor, as she noted above, to 2 of our beloved aunt and cherished grandmother who succumbed to cancer. What will you be doing for Breast Cancer month?
Pink NP and I will try to get more pink in my makeup routine!

Medgal07

October 1st arrived in what seems like the blink of an eye. I'm surrounded by a sea of pink nail polish, lipstick, eyeshadow and blush to embark on my 31-day quest to wear pink...the color of breast cancer awareness. I just told my husband what I'm doing. As usual, he is tremendously supportive. We were married only two years when I was diagnosed. I used makeup to hide my pain and to avoid my husband relating to me as his ailing wife. Rather, I wanted him to view me as a warrior, girded in armor to slay a dragon...a dragon called breast cancer. I (we) won the war.
I AM A SURVIVOR! My prayer today is that anyone suffering through this devastating illness can be inspired and encouraged to battle on!

Today I wore Essie's Cascade Cool on my nails; MAC's Miss Piggy Pink, Paradise Island and Vapour w/Blacktrack one the eyes. I wore Play it Proper BY to highlight, Florida topped with Supernova Blush and St Germaine L/S. Let the fun begin.
heart.gif

Medgal07

My sister, Presstoblend, and I are gearing up to wear pink lippies through the entire month of October. Her looks will be posted on her blog: www.presstoblend.com. She has amassed a boatload of pink lippies, pencils and glosses for this project. This is gonna be fun!

It is in honor, as she noted above, to 2 of our beloved aunt and cherished grandmother who succumbed to cancer.

What will you be doing for Breast Cancer month?
To Fiberluver and Presstoblend, my sincere condolences for the loss of your aunt and grandmother. What legacies of strength they have left behind in both of you. I am so glad you have joined this project in their honor!
cheerleader.gif

prettygirl

Awww.. yay! My Aunt who is in her early fourties just BEAT THE CRAP out of breast cancer :). I have two breast cancer awareness t-shirts that I'll be sure to ROCK this month! And my next mani and pedi will definitely be PINK PINK PINK!
friends.gif

hwdsprincess

THINK PINK! I was a medical assistant for an oncology(Cancer) place and i loved all my patients, never met any people who made me appreciate life more than the ones knowing they're living their last days....special shout out to all the fighters who overcame and lost their lifes fighting to overcome this sickness

Medgal07

Awww.. yay! My Aunt who is in her early fourties just BEAT THE CRAP out of breast cancer :). I have two breast cancer awareness t-shirts that I'll be sure to ROCK this month! And my next mani and pedi will definitely be PINK PINK PINK!
friends.gif
Congrats to your aunt and a huge hug to you prettygirl for supporting the cause!
kissy.gif

Medgal07

THINK PINK! I was a medical assistant for an oncology(Cancer) place and i loved all my patients, never met any people who made me appreciate life more than the ones knowing they're living their last days....special shout out to all the fighters who overcame and lost their lifes fighting to overcome this sickness
You're gorgeous in pink. Oncologic care & support is an important role. It seems you had a major take-a-way. Live & appreciate life to the fullest...and wear PINK. Thanks for supporting the cause!
clapping.gif

CartoonChic

Here's my first look, if I can call it that. I kept things very light today. I'll highlight all pink makeup used.

OCTOBER 1, 2012

FACE:
La Femme Blush Sunkissed Dawn

LIPS:
MAC Lipstick Venus

Medgal07

Here's my first look, if I can call it that. I kept things very light today. I'll highlight all pink makeup used.

OCTOBER 1, 2012

FACE:
La Femme Blush Sunkissed Dawn

LIPS:
MAC Lipstick Venus
Sweet CartoonChic. I forgot about Venus l/s. A sure sign that too many products reside in my stash! I just made my husband participate in a charitable way by having him purchase the Bobbi Brown Pink Peony Illuminating Bronzing Powder for me. $10 of the proceeds go to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation and shipping is free for this item.

[FONT=Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif]http://www.bobbibrowncosmetics.com/product/2323/22656/Makeup/Cheeks/Blush/Pink-Peony-Set/FH12/index.tmpl[/FONT]

glammy girl

Going out tonight, here are the pink products I'm going to be using a little later :) Mac Pink Cult blush Benefit Bella Bamba blush Mac Faux l/s Mac Underage l/g Mac Blonde MSF

Fiberluver

Ok - Here we go!

Yesterday I rocked a neutral eye but pink lips and cheeks.

My neutral eye - this will stay the same since I will be wearing either a neutral brown eye or a pink themed one:

Eye: (All MAC)

Charcoal Brown - brow
Clear brow set
Groundwork p/p - base
Soft Brown - lid
Saddle - crease
Brown Down - darken crease
Kid - highlight
Blacktrack - liner
Beauty Marked - under eye liner

Lip and Cheek: (All MAC)

Magenta l/l
Saint Germain l/s
VG Gaga I l/g - (dot in center)
Dame blush
Smooth Merge msf

I also wore my beloved pink Izod cardigan and BC Awareness pin.

Today I have on the same BC Awareness pin, a pink scarf I knitted and same neutral eye as yesterday + All That Glitters on lid over the Soft Brown and an Estee Lauder pinkish pearl cream shadow as a base.

Lip and Cheek: (All MAC)

Beet l/l
Quick Sizzle l/s
VG Gaga I l/g - just a dot - middle of lip
Full Fuchsia blush
Smooth Merge msf

I put away all of my other (volumious) lipsticks and glosses so I could focus on pink looks. I've never put things in rotation like this before so the same products are going to get a lot of love. I haven't worn Quick Sizzle in ages and I love it! I can't wait to wear Pink Pigeon later this week!

CartoonChic

I'm feeling kinda blah today, so I went for a bright pink lipstick to perk up my mood.

OCTOBER 2, 2012

FACE:
La Femme Blush Golden Rose
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Star Wonder - highlight

LIPS:
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick Love That Pink

Medgal07

I'm feeling kinda blah today, so I went for a bright pink lipstick to perk up my mood.

OCTOBER 2, 2012

FACE:
La Femme Blush Golden Rose
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Star Wonder - highlight

LIPS:
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick Love That Pink
I'm loving all of the great product choices from CartoonChic, Glammygirl & Fiberluver and capitalizing on your great ideas in the process! I went a tad more subtle today with all MAC products as follows:
EYES: Soft Brown - lid
Brown Down - crease
Espresso - Outer vee
Expensive Pink - above crease
Brule - brow highlight
Dipdown fluidline lid
Costa Riche to waterline

FACE: Pink Swoon Blush
Crystal Pink to highlight

LIPS: Angel Lipstick & Lipglass

NAILS: Angel

Fiberluver

Today:

Same eye look as above + EL cream e/s and Stila Kitten e/s on lid

Triple Fusion msf on cheeks + Harmony Blush (MAC)

Creme de la Femme l/s + Whirl l/l + Pinkarat gloss (MAC)

Latest posts