MAC Holiday 2012 Glamour Daze / Fabulousness / Guilty Passions Collection Discussion

Thia Winter

Just got my invite too!!! :D I'm going to the mall tomorrow anyway, I'm going to stop in at Macys and make my appointment then!

Medgal07

Does anyone has a price for the travel bag? I am interested in that but it seems to be very elusive
I also saw somewhere that it's $40. "Elusive" is an understatement. My local MAC store only got 6 so, if you want it, you should pre-order it.

mallory1712

QUESTION! I did not get the extra dimension skinfinishes when they first came out because i thought they were a type of mineral makeup. Any mineral makeup breaks me out especially mac's msf. Are they a type of mineralize skinfinish?!
hmm.gif

GlamQueen21

QUESTION! I did not get the extra dimension skinfinishes when they first came out because i thought they were a type of mineral makeup. Any mineral makeup breaks me out especially mac's msf. Are they a type of mineralize skinfinish?!
hmm.gif
No. They are a liquid powder formula and it's not a mineral formula. These are so amazing for those with huge pores that the Skinfinishes does not emphasize the pores.

elegant-one

I just may have the original Innocence lipstick. I was watching a makeup video with a MAC artist maybe 3-4 years ago, & he mentioned that the MAC lipstick he used on the model was called Innocence. I really loved how it looked on the model so I looked it up later and sure enough a reputable ebayer had it for sale $14. It may have been a sample. I will see if I can find it & take a pic of it tomorrow.

Lisianthus

hmm.gif
I just pulled out Superb EDSF and the word "mineralize" doesn't appear anywhere on the packaging. A quick glance at the list of ingredients shows it contains mica, which I think is a mineral. Looking at my MSF's, they all list either talc or talc and mica as the first ingredients. So it would seem EDSF contains a mineral but isn't a mineralize product according to MAC? Hmmm....maybe one of the resident experts here on Specktra can weigh in on this. Hope that helps a little.

mousygiggles

I also saw somewhere that it's $40. "Elusive" is an understatement. My local MAC store only got 6 so, if you want it, you should pre-order it.
The store I order from only got 6 too. Also, the counter I preordered the individual items from only got 3 of each in several of the edes, lippies, glosses, and polishes.

amberave

The store I order from only got 6 too. Also, the counter I preordered the individual items from only got 3 of each in several of the edes, lippies, glosses, and polishes.
Wow - I just got home from pre ordering that, and after reading that, I'm so glad I did!! Idk how many mine got though.

They had the stock for the sets right at the entrance to the stock room (there's no door) and they looked BEAUTIFUL!!!! I'm def. checking them out when I go to pick up my bag

singer82

This is so off topic but I thought some would want to know this...I found a Bad Fairy polish dupe! Well BF is darker but besides that its pretty close. it's called Lava by sally Hansen. Found it at Walgreens. I was surprised that it was 8.50 though! But I was so sad I missed BF so I had to get it! Ot: ok MAC we need official swatches!

mallory1712

Thank you so much! That was a huge help! You have no idea!
th_worship.gif
I think I will order whisper of guilt because its so freakin beautiful...then if i react to it i will just take it back.

mallory1712

I just pulled out Superb EDSF and the word "mineralize" doesn't appear anywhere on the packaging. A quick glance at the list of ingredients shows it contains mica, which I think is a mineral. Looking at my MSF's, they all list either talc or talc and mica as the first ingredients. So it would seem EDSF contains a mineral but isn't a mineralize product according to MAC? Hmmm....maybe one of the resident experts here on Specktra can weigh in on this. Hope that helps a little.
Forgot to quote you! THANK YOU SO MUCH! This really helped me!
thmbup.gif

DILLIGAF

Glamour Daze Collection
Release Date: October 25, 2012

Lipsticks:
Glamourdaze - midtone creamy plum (CS)
Outrageously Fun - midtone magenta violet (CS)
Dramatic Encounter - deep purple (A)

Lipglass:
Flight of Fancy - rich purple

Extra Dimension Skinfinish:
Whisper of Gilt

Extra Dimension Eyeshadow:
Stylish Merry - midtone dusty violet
Tall Dark and Handsome - black with pearl
Round Midnight - dark burgundy

Kohl Power Eye Pencil:
Orpheus - intense black with gold pearl

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]How's that for some restraint? Now when is the other part coming out again?[/FONT]
Hey Purplerinne Butter London is Buy 2 get one free right now at Ulta!!

I think it's safe to say I will be cutting out the lipsticks. More money for something else!!!!

lustreglam

I pre ordered some of the items as well. But, the SA actually got my order wrong and I had to go back to the store. Good thing I checked the receipt, and hopefully there won't be any problems when I pick up!
sweatdrop.gif

PeachTwist

Alrighty.

After reading 11 pages to catch up with you ladies I think after seeing swatches I've made my final list.

Whisper Of Guilt is a definite.
Easy Manner I'll consider if I see more swatches.
Outrageously Fun I'll consider but the swatches are making me think I have something similar though I can't put my finger on what.

I liked the look of Small Vanity to begin with but the darker swatches of it, ehhh. I'm a heavy handed person and I'd really dislike having a ton of colour like that. I'd rather build up than have to try and remove, as much as other people prefer epic pigmentation at once. I can't even get Fleur Powder from the perm line to work for me because it shows up just SO bright on me, even after tapping off the brush!

I'm happy with this nice small haul, considering to begin with I'd wanted one of everything. Awesome.

I also figure if I don't get the l/s or blush, if MAC still has it in stock at the time I'll get another Forever Marilyn BP instead as I'm currently too poor to afford another lol.

usmcwife27

I pre ordered like crazy but now want to remove like half the stuff Are we allowed to do that? I pre ordered at Nordstrom. Also swatches anywhere yet??

Latest posts