MAC Holiday 2012 Glamour Daze / Fabulousness / Guilty Passions Collection Discussion

Medgal07

FINALLY!
got my box

Outrageously fun is a fun pink. I can pull this off better than that candy yumyum
its BLUE and cool i can see the purple tones in it and so glad its a cremesheen..a matte or amplified wouldnt have worked on my complexion

im nc45
c7 in face and body
SUPERB tho is freaking AMAZINNNNNGGGGGG
and i have a super tan just got back from bahamas (im going to turn into a old coach bag if i dont stay out the damn sun)
and my coworker was like it just GLOWS, she loves it also
i love it this texture is great. this is my first extra dimension skin finish btw

what brush is best to apply?

i just used a lil with my pinky and its so freaking smooth

Glad you're loving Superb. I use a 116 or 130, or at times a 227.

Medgal07

http://statigr.am/p/310445692091024957_217712224
First
th_welcomeemoticonsign.gif
angelic! I'm so glad you shared these links!!! I tried to refuse my pre-ordered Feminine Edge but my 'Angel of MAC' SA at Nordstrom talked me out of it. She also described the two looks that you shared and encouraged me to check them out. I think it was worth keeping and I plan to experiment with it.

xasperadastra

I wanted the Neutral palette but was inadvertently given the Warm palette and it has grown on me. I actually like it & plan to keep it. I guess it depends on which you think you'll use the most?
hihi I love both purples and warm colors.. are both my kind of shades! now I have to see which one is more original in my collection... decisions, decisions...

Michelemu21

I know this is barely relevant but this is my halloween look using matte MAC shadows, eyelash glue (for the skin/scars), redd lip liner, and glamour daze for the "healthy part"/

I used the champagne one on lid, and the lilac one as a highlighter blended with my blush. this is an amazing discovery BTW

this is my halloween look on a bidget. I could only afford to be 1/3 zombie lol. I dont have any money after my glamour daze stuff, so I decided not to dress up and do something simple.
You are a beautiful zombie!
flower.gif

michelle79

Please excuse me if this question has been asked already, this thread is moving so fast....

Are the colored kohl eyeliners (Raven, Orpheous & Mystery) waterline safe? The glitter I saw in them makes me think they're not.

Jenrbelt

Got both palettes...I haven't had a chance to play with them yet. There are good and bad colors in both in my opinion. The lightest colors seem to have little color payoff, but I am wondering about trying them wet. Also sometimes I think the makeup bloggers rate a product low because it doesn't have color intensity, but I don't look for opaque, intense colors on a daily basis so that's fine with me. I thought the eyelooks T made with these palletes were all beautiful, and something I would consider intense enough or having enough color payoff for my day to day looks. I don't go the bold for work...and if I do use a bold shadow, I pair it with a less intense one anyway.

lyseD

Please excuse me if this question has been asked already, this thread is moving so fast....

Are the colored kohl eyeliners (Raven, Orpheous & Mystery) waterline safe? The glitter I saw in them makes me think they're not.
I understood that kohl liners are waterline safe. I haven't used my on the waterline yet, but I plan too.

Michelemu21

I'm alternately bummed and happy right now...my wallet is happy but I had such a bad experience today at my local MAC counter...they were incredibly rude to me. I got most of what I wanted from online this week but really wanted to see a couple things in person before I purchased. I walked out empty handed!

As an aside, I haven't read through all (almost 600!) posts since I was last on, but if no one has mentioned it yet the Divine Desire Quite Coral is so incredibly amazing.
I am so sorry to hear this.
th_cheerup.gif
Makes you want to place all your orders online.

Jenrbelt

:train: ALL ABOARD....you are quite welcome to come along.  CartoonChic says we'll be poor but we'll look good!  :train:
...and all of our grocery carts that we'll be pushing around town with all of our belongings in them will be FULL of makeup! We could pass months just oohing, ahhing, swatching, and swapping makeup together! So CartoonChic was planning ahead with those hanging makeup bags! Her cart will be the most beautiful and organized!

angelic

First :welcome:  angelic!  I'm so glad you shared these links!!!  I tried to refuse my pre-ordered Feminine Edge but my 'Angel of MAC' SA at Nordstrom talked me out of it.  She also described the two looks that you shared and encouraged me to check them out.  I think it was worth keeping and I plan to experiment with it.
It's definitely worth keeping especially since it can be worn as a shadow or liner and the color is so unique.

PrettyKitty

Yes they are and I tried them tonight, they didn't bother my eyes but it wasn't as confortable than my MAC eye khols. Maybe slightly drying?

Prettypackages

Quote:Originally Posted by Piarpreet

I know this is barely relevant but this is my halloween look using matte MAC shadows, eyelash glue (for the skin/scars), redd lip liner, and glamour daze for the "healthy part"/

I used the champagne one on lid, and the lilac one as a highlighter blended with my blush. this is an amazing discovery BTW

this is my halloween look on a bidget. I could only afford to be 1/3 zombie lol. I dont have any money after my glamour daze stuff, so I decided not to dress up and do something simple.

that's simple???
You did the skin and scars with eyelash glue?
I'm so impresse!!! come to Chgo and do mine!!! You want to get out of that Storm coming to NY anyway right?

kimibos

I agree and I ended up ordering DE as well. It was sold out at Nordstrom and Mac. I had to buy w/o swatching. Someone said it was almost black...oh well I guess I can blot it into a stain
sweatdrop.gif
it looks really pretty apply sofly with a light gloss. like a soft muted plummy color.

LLVV

I just put Brun on. I used a primer and a 239. It applied just fine. It was a little bit patchy but I find that this is true of most mattes that I've ever used from MAC and any other cosmetics brand. I then swatched it with the 239 on my arm (no primer) and it looked similar to T's swatch but once I rubbed the brush back and forth over the swatch a couple of times it looked well pigmented (not UD pigmented but still very good).

Satin Taupe does look different in the pan. I have to get out my regular version and test it out.

Latest posts