MAC Holiday 2012 Glamour Daze / Fabulousness / Guilty Passions Collection Discussion

Mac-Guy

I need to remember to go into the store and pre-order the gift items I want so I can be sure I'll get them. I still think these bags are cute and will make great gifts.
I don't think they will sell out fast, though if I were you, I'd still pre-order to ease my mind.

Audrey C

I don't think they will sell out fast, though if I were you, I'd still pre-order to ease my mind.
Exactly. I know the brushes aren't the same quality, but the mineralize ones are still better than a lot of the cheap brushes in the marketplace and they're good ones to learn on. That set sold out quickly here last year.

My daughter asked for makeup brushes for Christmas (she has no idea how expensive they are) and I think getting a couple of these sets would be a good base rather than just getting a couple of $50-60 dollar brushes. Individual brushes can be added/replaced later.

Copperhead

Exactly. I know the brushes aren't the same quality, but the mineralize ones are still better than a lot of the cheap brushes in the marketplace and they're good ones to learn on. That set sold out quickly here last year.

My daughter asked for makeup brushes for Christmas (she has no idea how expensive they are) and I think getting a couple of these sets would be a good base rather than just getting a couple of $50-60 dollar brushes. Individual brushes can be added/replaced later.
That a good idea. Sigma brushes are nice too. Those MAC sets are so cute though.

OhSoJaded

That a good idea. Sigma brushes are nice too. Those MAC sets are so cute though.
I second the Sigma sets. The quality obviously isn't as good as full size MAC brushes but I think they're on par (imo better) than the the holiday kits. I love my "Make Me Crazy" purple set and actually travel with it.

Audrey C

I second the Sigma sets. The quality obviously isn't as good as full size MAC brushes but I think they're on par (imo better) than the the holiday kits. I love my "Make Me Crazy" purple set and actually travel with it.
Thank you both; I'll check those out. :)

Copperhead

I went to the site to look at that set you're talking about. That's a nice looking set! I only have 2 Sigma brushes (F80 and P86) and I really like them.

MACcrazy

Ok so for my birthday and christmas I think I'm going to be stocking up on this collection, just way too cute!

lilinah

The packaging of the Holiday Fabulousness sets is simply adorable! But i suspect each will cost more than i want to spend. And while the sets seem nicely thought out, i'm not really in love with most of them. In unnamed Gloss Set 3 (which has creme pink, sparkly pink, plum, and sparkly violet gloss), all i really want is that sparkly dark violet gloss. I do love the pigment sets, though. But i suspect that i won't be getting any of the Fabulousness sets... well, maybe a pigment set... or two...

Now, for Glamour Daze, i am on TEAM PURPLE! Well, with a few other colors thrown in. I really HAVE to get Whisper of Gilt; i got Superb when ED first came out, and now i have brushes that work well with the EDs, so i'm excited. And i CANNOT decide which eye shadows i want. Below is my TO TEST list. I definitely will NOT buy all of the things on this list...

Lipsticks
Glamourdaze - midtone creamy plum (CS)
Dramatic Encounter - deep purple (A)

Lipglasses
Deliciously Demure - soft cool brown with pearl
Flight of Fancy - rich purple

Extra Dimension Skinfinish
Whisper Of Gilt - Light soft white gold with shimmery sheen

Kohl Power eye pencils
Mystery - intense black with green pearl

Fluidlines
Catch My Eye - cool taupe grey with dazzle pearl
Feminine Edge - pink mauve with dazzle pearl

Extra Dimension eyeshadows - 7 out of 8 to test (def skipping the Steel Silver one):
Ready to Party - pale lilac
Stylish Merry - midtone dusty violet
Round Midnight - dark burgundy
Tall Dark and Handsome - black with pearl (probably skip, but i'm experimenting with sparkly black e/s with dark dramatic lips, so this might win my heart)
A Natural Flirt - soft peachy nude (probably skip, since i have a fair number of peachy e/s)
Stolen Moment - dark taupe (probably skip, since i have a fair number of taupe & nude e/s)
Divine Blue - midtone aqua (probably skip, but you never know)

lilinah

Maybe a matte black would be better than this. Any ideas?
I don't even wear black eyeliner, only rarely black mascara, and don't do the smokey eye thing either.

But i recently bought an inexpensive charcoal e/s, Revlon Luxurious Color Diamond Lust in Night Sky. It was originally part of a LE Gucci Westerman collection from fall/winter 2011. Revlon seems to have made many of the items permanent or introduced some similar products. This is very glittery - lots of tiny iridescent micro-glitter that attempts to get everywhere. But i've been using Too Faced Glitter Glue and it seems to calm down the great glitter escape.

I just use it on my lid, and do not take it into the crease. I smudge it out a bit into a soft wing. I wear glasses, so i like to give my eyes a bit more drama. I'm interested in a higher quality product that gives a similar effect, but with diminished glitter fall-out, and this ED shadow looks promising... I wouldn't wear matte black, but we all differ in what we like, how we want to look, and what looks good on us.

pocketmouse

I can't wait to see photos/swatches of the purple lippies and fluidline Feminine Edge - pink mauve with dazzle pearl, the pale lilac EDES sounds pretty too
eyelove.gif
The holidays are looking purple.

princess sarah

WOW!!! I am away for a couple of days and I come back to the colour story!! AMAZING!!! This going to be a massive haul for me and probably the biggest of my Mac year. New Lipsticks, EDES, fluidline and blush!!!

arrggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!

pemily

I wish I could say the same, I don't think I can pass on the purples if they are decently pigmented.  I think I can skip the uber shiney MSF for once.  I just destashed quite a few MSF and I think I am over the fish scale look... IS your puppy a Yorkie?  He/She is awfully cute.  :sigh: Oh, F me softly with a chain saw, I am going to need ALL of the BRUSHES.  And the bags are TDF...
That's the funniest shit I've ever heard haha

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I wish I could say the same, I don't think I can pass on the purples if they are decently pigmented. I think I can skip the uber shiney MSF for once. I just destashed quite a few MSF and I think I am over the fish scale look...

IS your puppy a Yorkie? He/She is awfully cute.
sigh.gif

Oh, F me softly with a chain saw, I am going to need ALL of the BRUSHES. And the bags are TDF...
girlhaha.gif

Miss Dynamite

I'm getting kinda excited about the brushes, I don't have any from MAC at all, in fact I have very few makeup brushes...1 kabuki that I use for cheeks (horrible, I know) and 3 eye brushes. I just never can afford to get MAC brushes with all the money I spend on their makeup. Plus I have a hard time passing on anything leopard print...especially if it's leopard print AND pink. But I wonder if the brushes will be good enough quality to be worth their price.

singer82

I wish I could say the same, I don't think I can pass on the purples if they are decently pigmented.  I think I can skip the uber shiney MSF for once.  I just destashed quite a few MSF and I think I am over the fish scale look... IS your puppy a Yorkie?  He/She is awfully cute.  :sigh: Oh, F me softly with a chain saw, I am going to need ALL of the BRUSHES.  And the bags are TDF...
Is that a Heathers reference? ;) hehe. N not to enable you but I thought the edsf would be too shimmery too. But I was pleasantly surprised. It actually gives such a pretty sheen. But It's not one I use all over. I've been so good at just picking up only a couple things from collections lately. This is the first collection in a while where I want everything!

Latest posts