MAC Early Buzz - News on Products for 2013

peachsuns

Its a 187. It's too soon to tell, but if it's the only brush in the collection, it'll be a SH. SEs are only in sets.
187SH would be a dream.
eyelove.gif
Thank you, erin!

sagehen

Ugh! I don't care for her, but I do LOVE me some pink and gold. I will be buying and I will also be embarrassed for buying. It's funny. When she came out I thought she was going to be a one hit wonder. I'm stunned that she's still relevant. It's amazing what a good marketing team will do for you...
the bolded describes me exactly. I am so glad the first two collections will be online, which will save me a bit of it.

AniBEE

Naynadine [URL="http://www.specktra.net/t/180927/mac-early-buzz-news-on-products-for-2013/1890#post_2347474 said:
go_quote.gif
[/URL]

Looking at the Black Sea one I couldn't help but think that maybe these are a reformulation of the Big Bounce thingies.

Also here's a look with it: https://twitter.com/MAC_Amber_D/status/303121300644327424/photo/1

Can't wait to find out more. I've always loved the look of glossy lids.
I was thinking the same thing! Big Bounce was a let down but a mouse gel formula would be nice. ;)

Quote: Originally Posted by MACina;2000675"] erine, that makes them even more interesting for me!

I have never had such a product before and I am curious to see how they perform on my lids.
Mix a tiny bit of vaseline or petroleum jelly salve into a pigment/loose eyeshadow and your probably get the same wet consistancy. ;) it a good place to start before buying these.

Finally caught up.

MACupGrl

It'll be the same formula as ruby woo, which is a retro matte. It'll be the dryer matte formula. That lippie is ruby woo in the old skool packaging.
Sorry:( I'm such a NOOB. I am glad you keep me on track girl :) I did find a pic of RiRi Woo after that post. I don't mean to mislead other Specktrettes:(

lilinah

The Rihanna packaging is very nice - i like that metallic rose-gold - if only it didn't say RiRi on it. When it comes to celebrity makeup, i'm more interested in the makeup than in celebrity. I'm just not a fannish person.

I don't wear red lipstick, but i do wear dark plums and purples, as well as dark browns. so RiRi Woo probably is not for me, but there may be other colors that will be. The quad looks good - but i've got plenty of neutral e/s, so unless it's got some ground-breaking colors it it, it's not coming home with me - but it is certainly practical and very useful for many people, so a good marketing choice.

What's in the photo and described in the text sounds like it's stuff that will sell well. So good marketing move for MAC, as is selling MAC at concerts - although i wouldn't want to be at that concession stand - it will probably be a mad house. We've been commenting that MAC appears to be reaching out to younger women, and this looks like another way reach for that market.

And with 31 items, there's got to be at least one thing for just about everyone...

vaisforluvrs

The Rihanna packaging is very nice - i like that metallic rose-gold - if only it didn't say RiRi on it. When it comes to celebrity makeup, i'm more interested in the makeup than in celebrity. I'm just not a fannish person.

I don't wear red lipstick, but i do wear dark plums and purples, as well as dark browns. so RiRi Woo probably is not for me, but there may be other colors that will be. The quad looks good - but i've got plenty of neutral e/s, so unless it's got some ground-breaking colors it it, it's not coming home with me - but it is certainly practical and very useful for many people, so a good marketing choice.

What's in the photo and described in the text sounds like it's stuff that will sell well. So good marketing move for MAC, as is selling MAC at concerts - although i wouldn't want to be at that concession stand - it will probably be a mad house. We've been commenting that MAC appears to be reaching out to younger women, and this looks like another way reach for that market.

And with 31 items, there's got to be at least one thing for just about everyone...
I find it so odd, though, that they decided to do a collection this big for just Rihanna, and to spread out the colors over the year. Have they ever done that before?

Genn

if only it didn't say RiRi on it. When it comes to celebrity makeup, i'm more interested in the makeup than in celebrity. I'm just not a fannish person.The Rihanna packaging is very nice - i like that metallic rose-gold -

I agree. The packaging is pretty but im not going to be stalking this at all.

MissTT

the bolded describes me exactly. I am so glad the first two collections will be online, which will save me a bit of it.
I remember creeping around the store with a Justin Timberlake CD trying to hide it as I stood in line at the checkout. I'm funny like that. LOL. Then I gave it to my daughter as a gift, but ended up having it in my car. I'm too cool for pop music.
blush-anim-cl.gif

martiangurll

Just a heads people. This WILL crease. Eye glosses are meant to crease. If you don't want creasy lids, this isn't the product for you.
Pass on creasing eye gloss and Pass on anything associated with Miley Cyrus. I love all the pretty make ups but I refuse to get anything she is associated with. If I had a time machine, I'd love to go back in time and prevent her from being conceived.

MACupGrl

Just an FYI from Twitter: @MACcosmetics: For our fans in North America, you can text "Rihanna" to 898622 for updates. Of course, message & data rates may apply. #RiriHeartsMAC

erine1881

Pass on creasing eye gloss and Pass on anything associated with Miley Cyrus.  I love all the pretty make ups but I refuse to get anything she is associated with.  If I had a time machine, I'd love to go back in time and prevent her from being conceived.
:lmao:

Latest posts