Recent MAC Duochrome Eyeshadows?

pumpkincat210

I'd love to know the most recent duochromes released by mac, if there have been any. (colors that have 2 sheens to them- like club, tilt, blue brown, etc.) thanks!

Copperhead

I don't know about recent but take a look at Vapour, Vex, Gorgeous Gold, Stars N Rockets, Motif, Expensive Pink.

pumpkincat210

duochromes are particularly fun with the right base, but looking on the mac site I can see they no longer carry non-neutral bases (paint pots, paints, cream colour base..). Remember the paints like Chartru and Blueboy and the shadesticks (especially the bright ones?)

Vex is hard to wear alone,imo, but if you use a pink or green base, it can be a really fun highlighter.

I searched duochrome on the mac site, but only a few shades came up. I guess i'm going to have to go to a store and look, it's been awhile, and i guess they don't really describe many as duochromes anymore. Hmmm....

Copperhead

duochromes are particularly fun with the right base, but looking on the mac site I can see they no longer carry non-neutral bases (paint pots, paints, cream colour base..). Remember the paints like Chartru and Blueboy and the shadesticks (especially the bright ones?)

Vex is hard to wear alone,imo, but if you use a pink or green base, it can be a really fun highlighter.

I searched duochrome on the mac site, but only a few shades came up. I guess i'm going to have to go to a store and look, it's been awhile, and i guess they don't really describe many as duochromes anymore. Hmmm....
Yeah, they should bring some of the bright shades back. Or at least create more. And make them PERMANENT! That's why I was so excited when the Posh Paradise Paint Pots came out. Definitely had to grab shades like Half Wild and Pure Creation.

pumpkincat210

Yeah, they should bring some of the bright shades back. Or at least create more. And make them PERMANENT! That's why I was so excited when the Posh Paradise Paint Pots came out. Definitely had to grab shades like Half Wild and Pure Creation.
I agree, there will always be a lot of neutrals in every makeup brand, mac made some really good vibrant colors in the past, i wish they would make more of them permanent. I've heard that certain pigments are difficult to come by.. or scarce rather...but at least bring them back for a limited time!!

EUSHANNASIA

I would consider Jealousy Wakes sort of a duochrome. But aside from that one, MAC hasn't released any new duochrome shadows in what seems like centuries. I truly wish they would!

nazneen372

God I love duochromes! Club is my favourite, but Expensive Pink is lovely too. Seems that there aren't many new additions (a duochrome collection would be amazing wouldn't it? two-tone blushes, lipsticks like O and multidimensional shadows, swoon) so could anyone recommend their non-MAC favourites too?

MzFit

My favorite duochromes are Club and Expensive Pink. Vex is pretty cool, but a bit strange, haha!
Vex was one of my first Mac eye shadows back in college my go to was vex on the lid to the crease blended out rim my eyes with smolder strada blush and viva glam 2 still have all of them but don't wear a single eyes shadow look much anymore.

Is woodwinked kind of duochrome? Regardless I'd say that's my all time favorite Mac eye shadow.

beautygambit

Woodwinked is definitely an awesome color....I couldn't live without it! I don't think its a duochrome but it does kinda change color I suppose :)

Eleentje

I wouldn't say that woodwinked is a duochrome. It has a frost finish, so it does have a bit of an extra dimension to it, but not a completely different colour.
The first duochrome e.s. I remember buying was a white with blue glow by Yves Rocher.

Latest posts