foundation!

sobrien617

hey everyone, i have been using dream matte mouse foundation for over 2 or 3 years now! ive tried the liquid version of it too and i feel as there could be better,i have quite naturally pale skin and my skins also quite oilly! im only 14 so i need something thats going to stay,non oilly, a natural shade,a good concealer and not to expensive! any ideas what i could try?
thanks!
yahoo.gif

shellygrrl

Staff member
Personally, I don't recommend foundation for teenagers. Your skin's changing, you're in the throes of puberty, and foundation may just make things worse for you. What I will recommend is putting together a skincare routine; puberty is a great time to start one, and IMO, it is much more important than makeup. Meanwhile, if you have anything that needs coverage, try just concealer, then set it with a pressed powder.

glammy girl

What I will recommend is putting together a skincare routine; puberty is a great time to start one, and IMO, it is much more important than makeup. Meanwhile, if you have anything that needs coverage, try just concealer, then set it with a pressed powder.
iagree.gif
Shelly is right, this is the time to start a good skincare routine and if you feel like you do want a little coverage, try out a tinted moisturiser, its not heavy and will just even out your skin a bit
smiles.gif

MACcrazy

hey everyone, i have been using dream matte mouse foundation for over 2 or 3 years now! ive tried the liquid version of it too and i feel as there could be better,i have quite naturally pale skin and my skins also quite oilly! im only 14 so i need something thats going to stay,non oilly, a natural shade,a good concealer and not to expensive! any ideas what i could try?
thanks!
yahoo.gif
I'm almost 16 so I know what you mean, and everyone is right, first start off with getting a good skincare routine. Personally, I saved up and got a Clarisonic mia with the deep pore brush head and that with my proactive keeps my skin clear. However, I do get a little red and look tired in the morning, so I like a light liquid foundation. I have oily skin but in the winter in turns a lil bit combo and lately I've been in LOVE with Estee Lauder's double wear LIGHT!!! Do NOT get normal double wear as its FULL COVERAGE! Trust me, no matter what type of makeup you do, at school full coverage is way too much. This stays on me all day w/out powdering on me but if you want you can powder (I just prefer to use UD's deslick instead or after I powder to get the natural looking finish) You will probably be a 1 or 2 shade wise if you're pale, but I recommend getting matched and asking for a sample. Also their DW concealer is great if you have a lil bit more to cover (acne or maybe lightly under the eyes) and you may find just using this is enough. But, if you need a straight up under eye concealer try erase paste by benefit! Ask for a sample, lasted me over a month and I have terrible dark circles
flower.gif
Hope that helps!!!

TheLadyDanger

thanks!
yahoo.gif
I do agree with Shelly's post, your skin is still changing and I would follow a good skincare regimen first. If you feel the need to use foundation or concealer for coverage (I do not know anything about your skin besides being quite oily), I would recommend using a tinted moisturizer with SPF. I have been using Smashbox's Camera Ready BB Cream with SPF 35. I have oily skin myself who is prone to breakouts and I am loving this BB cream so far. It covers well and you can layer it for more coverage without having it cake up. I always set with a powder -- currently I am using ELF's HD powder in Corrective Yellow. I've been happy with the results so far. The only downside is the BB cream is quite expensive ($39), but the quality of it makes up for the price.

Overall though, make sure your skin is washed properly, moizturized and apply SPF! I cannot stress it enough, but it's best to take care of your skin first before covering it with make-up.

anne082

Oily skin : my niece has very oily skin and she really like Eucerin Everyday Protection Sensitive Skin Face Lotion SPF 30 ,
Neutrogena oil free moisturizer and Cover Girl oil free tinted moisturizer (CG -this offers a little coverage ) ,
BB creams might be a good option as well if you want a little bit of coverage natural looking
and Concealer for extra coverage if you have a few problem areas :)

presstoblend

The best foundation I ever used was Borghese's Hydro Minerale liquid foundation in number 6 and my sister used number 7. Unfortunately Borghese discontinued the darker shades in this formula so I had to resort to something else. I fluctuate between Mac's Studio Fix and Lancome's Teint Idole Ultra 24h. Reeeeallly love the teint idole.
eyelove.gif

Tartes amazonian clay foundation offers skin benefits and buildable coverage. The theory is what u do to ur skins in your teens shows up in your 20's, i learned the hardway. Sun is bad!!!! lol i wish i could go back and undo but now i take very good care of my skin (im 28 now) ! Less is more <3

angelspice

I have tried a lot of drugstore and inexpensive liquid foundation. I also combine foundation to get the right color. The first foundation I had was Mac mineralize nc 35, this wasn't very good because I have oily skin and the mac counter lady recommended to me. Anyways, I like Revlon liquid color foundation for oily skin. It is a great product but it is hard to find a perfect shade for me even if I combine. I am still in a search for the perfect foundation that is not going to cost me a ton.

sashbeauty12

I do recommend foundation for teens if they are taking care of their skin. It provides a good teaching opportunity on skin care and the importance of removing your makeup at night. I have good luck with Neutrogena foundations for my teen clients. They are affordable, provide good coverage, and are easy to apply. I also like studio fix foundations, but if a client is using acne products and their skin is a little dry on the surface, it can be a mess...

Antigone

Agree. I don't advise foundation, try looking into a skincare routine. :) I didn't have a foundation until I hit 30s because I didn't discover makeup until very recently and even now I wear it very seldom. I think I have good skin for my age. :) I credit that to not wearing makeup. If you really must, try tinted moisturizers like Aveeno. I'd suggest BB creams but I didn't have any awesome experience with using BB creams. So maybe try tinted moisturizer. Should be milder.

I had terrible acne back in my teens and started wearing makeup when I was 15 to cover up. The makeup may not have helped my skin but my self-confidence would never have survived without a good foundation!! I used to use a Maybelline one that was discontinued, switched to L'oreal Infallible (02 Ivory I think, the lightest one) and it's awesome. Heavy coverage, doesn't do much to disguise the pitted scars but it's a lifesaver on evening the tone. But if you're blessed with clear skin I'd say yeah, don't mess with much foundation except maybe a really sheer one.

iramana1

I want to advise you how to make your skin less oily. It may seem weird but do this. Put some oil on a cotton ball and gently go over your entire face. Just moisturize it, do not put a lot. Do this before going to sleep. I tried even doing this in the morning. In only two days I noticed that my skin wasn't producing so much oil as before. Remember, if you will apply on your face stuff that dries it like astringents and I don't know what else is out there, your skin will produce even more oil. So, give it some oil so it stops producing its own. You will create a balance this way. Worked great for me!! YEah, and don't use foundation now, still too young.

BuickMackane

After years of kissing more frogs than I care to remember I found my foundation prince in Sisley's Phyto Tient Eclat Oil-Free Foundation. Yes, it's expensive. Yes, it has only light coverage (which is fine with me). Yes, my shade (0 Porcelain) is always out of stock when I run out. But it's the only foundation I found that ticks all the boxes:
1. doesn't slide off my face 3 hours into wearing it (hello LM Oil Free)
2. doesn't oxidise into a vibrant shade of orange (Diorskin compact!!!)
3. matches my skintone perfectly (I have a very hard time finding a pale enough shade that is not pink)

I'm going to be one miserable girl if ever it gets discontinued.

mseilla

For your age, you should stick to tinted moisturizers or bb creams. BB creams claimed to have more benefits than a regular foundation and they're easier to put on and cheaper. My favorite BB creams are from BRTC, Bobbi Brown and HadaLabo. BRTC and HadaLabo are cheaper than Bobbi Brown.

felicialazaar

Personally, I am very happy with the Clinique Anti Blemish solutions makeup. It has quite good coverage and doesn't make me break out at all (though I'm in my late twenties, it might be different on teen skin)! At the same time its not harsh on the skin and doesn't dry it out.

sarahapainter

Yup! My favorite too. It stays on ALL DAY without any shine and wear-off. This is my go to foundation for long days at work.

Latest posts