what do you use to wash your makeup off at night

Kassie

I`m wondering what you lovely ladies use to take your makeup off at night. I have been using a crapping face wash and wanted to find something better for my face and skin, do you wash your makeup off with something different then you wash your face.

Thanks ladies

iramana1

I would love to share with you what I use to clean up my face from all makeup and dirt.
Olive or castor oil on a cotton pad- clean face gently. Baby oil will do it too. After that I wash my face with warm water to open up the pores and get rid of some of the oil. Then, witch hazel on a cotton ball and clean face and the open pores. Now, your face is clean and smooth. After that I apply vit.C serum( well that is not a part of the cleaning but anyway) and then moisturizer, which I don't really have ..ha, ha... I use olive oil just a bit to moisturize if I don't have a moisturizer I like...which is so hard for me to find. This is my cleaning routine. I really get a clean face after I do this which helps me stay away from blackheads. Once a week I keep my face over steam to open the pores really well (this after I put all my makeup off and clean my face with some sort of gentle soap like baby wash) and then I scrub my face gently with wet corn flour. That cleans my entire face so well and leaves it smooth. After that I do the witch hazel things to kill the bacteria. Witch hazel closes my pores too and I like this.
THere you go. Good LUck to you.

Kassie

I would love to share with you what I use to clean up my face from all makeup and dirt.
Olive or castor oil on a cotton pad- clean face gently. Baby oil will do it too. After that I wash my face with warm water to open up the pores and get rid of some of the oil. Then, witch hazel on a cotton ball and clean face and the open pores. Now, your face is clean and smooth. After that I apply vit.C serum( well that is not a part of the cleaning but anyway) and then moisturizer, which I don't really have ..ha, ha... I use olive oil just a bit to moisturize if I don't have a moisturizer I like...which is so hard for me to find. This is my cleaning routine. I really get a clean face after I do this which helps me stay away from blackheads. Once a week I keep my face over steam to open the pores really well (this after I put all my makeup off and clean my face with some sort of gentle soap like baby wash) and then I scrub my face gently with wet corn flour. That cleans my entire face so well and leaves it smooth. After that I do the witch hazel things to kill the bacteria. Witch hazel closes my pores too and I like this.
WOW you use a lot of natural products thats really good, I use to use olive oil to take my makeup off but I couldnt stand the smell and it was getting in my eye and stuff but thanks for the tips

Mines pretty simple! I use Pond's Wet Cleansing Towelettes to get my make up off.. then after I use THEFACESHOP(korean brand) Herb Day Cleansing Foam Lemon-for all skin types. Its more of a cream than it is a foam.. but whatever. All you do to use the cleansing foam is wet your face.. and hands and rub it into a lather on your face then rinse. Then pat dry and I moisturize with Tony Moly Fresh Aqua Tear Drop Gel Cream. I have realized in the past that I HAVE to use the moisturizer after or other wise my skin will look too dried out..like white patches.. it also could be from where i may have not rinsed well enough! But yeah.. thats that!

iramana1

Yes, I find that nature offers us everything we need to take care of our skin. I take it and I am thankful for that. I plan on a natural moisturizer which is going to be vegetable glycerin. I made up this routine for myself and I try to adjust it for myself as I feel comfortable.
I hope you adjust to a good routine for yourself. I don't know if unnatural expensive cosmetics can hurt your skin or not but I know that natural stuff won't hurt your skin at all.

Kassie

Yes, I find that nature offers us everything we need to take care of our skin. I take it and I am thankful for that. I plan on a natural moisturizer which is going to be vegetable glycerin. I made up this routine for myself and I try to adjust it for myself as I feel comfortable.
I hope you adjust to a good routine for yourself.

Quote: I don't know if unnatural expensive cosmetics can hurt your skin or not

Yes I was wondering that myself as I am starting to getting into differnt types of creams and serums I was thinking some of this stuff can't be good if you aply it everyday maybe over time they'll like different cancers to long term use of wrinkle cream or something, you never know.

presstoblend

iramana1 that's interesting that you use olive oil to remove your makeup. I know that there's a company DHC skincare that has a facial cleanser that is olive oil based. I've tried it and like it. My skin can be fickle so depending on it's mood for the most part I use Aveeno Positively Radiant cleansing pads, Lancome's Creme Mousse Confort, Mario Badescu's Glycolic Cleanser or Borghese's Crema Saponetta.

Kassie

iramana1 that's interesting that you use olive oil to remove your makeup. I know that there's a company DHC skincare that has a facial cleanser that is olive oil based. I've tried it and like it. My skin can be fickle so depending on it's mood for the most part I use Aveeno Positively Radiant cleansing pads, Lancome's Creme Mousse Confort, Mario Badescu's Glycolic Cleanser or Borghese's Crema Saponetta.
don't you love aveeno it's the only thing that agrees with my skin

presstoblend

don't you love aveeno it's the only thing that agrees with my skin
I love it! I love their bath products as well.
heart.gif

I use plain old Dove bar soap to wash my face every night, and it takes off makeup really well too. Sometimes if I wear gel eyeliner that won't come off I use Simple Skincare makeup wipes for the eyes. I got a trial-size sample of the Simple Skincare but will probably shop around for a new eye-makeup cleanser when I run out. For everyday makeup though Dove is the perfect all-in-one cleanser for me :)

Paisly

My skincare is very very simple. I dont wear foundation too often. I havent found the perfect cleanser. I find that cleansers dry my skin out. I do like using coconut oil to remove any makeup, including eye makeup (works wonders!) Then I rinse well with warm water. I always use my clarisonic with purity, if I do wear any foundation or concealer. Rince again. I damp a cotton pad in rose water. LOVE rose water. Smells amazing. It helps with dryness and puffy eyes. It's amazing as a natural toner. Then I use argan oil all over my face and under my eyes, necks, hands, and nails. Pressing the oil into the skin; not rubbing. I'd say about 5-6 drips per night of argan oil. Argan oil is amazing for anti aging as well!
I will never ever stop using argan oil or rose water!

Merula

I love using MAC makeup wipes personally, they just smell so fresh and my skin feels lovely. Other times I use Lush's 9 to 5 lotion with a flat cotton pad.

Kassie

My skincare is very very simple. I dont wear foundation too often. I havent found the perfect cleanser. I find that cleansers dry my skin out. I do like using coconut oil to remove any makeup, including eye makeup (works wonders!) Then I rinse well with warm water. I always use my clarisonic with purity, if I do wear any foundation or concealer. Rince again. I damp a cotton pad in rose water. LOVE rose water. Smells amazing. It helps with dryness and puffy eyes. It's amazing as a natural toner. Then I use argan oil all over my face and under my eyes, necks, hands, and nails. Pressing the oil into the skin; not rubbing. I'd say about 5-6 drips per night of argan oil. Argan oil is amazing for anti aging as well!
I will never ever stop using argan oil or rose water!
Omg I love argan oil I use it in my hair it has brought my hair back to life, I have wondered if it was good for your skin maybe I'll start putting some of that under my eyes I have a couple fine lines there. I have heard of rose water where do you buy it?

Kassie

I love using MAC makeup wipes personally, they just smell so fresh and my skin feels lovely. Other times I use Lush's 9 to 5 lotion with a flat cotton pad.
I have tried the wipes before but I find I have to scrub to get some of the makeup off which bugs my skin

xStarryEyedX

I have tried the wipes before but I find I have to scrub to get some of the makeup off which bugs my skin
A lot of people get irritated from MAC wipes.If you're sensitive I wouldn't use them. I use MAC gently off eye makeup remover+ purity made simple cleanser. Anything else breaks me out. Then moisturizer.

nuclearteeth

To remove my foundation, I use Fancl Mild Cleansing Oil. Then I use my Clarisonic with Philosophy Purity Made Simple cleanser...after that, I use Bioderma to remove any stray traces of makeup that might be left behind.

Oh, and finally I tone with witch hazel before applying my evening products.

lsdptl

I have been using Lancôme eye makeup remover and Estée Lauder cleanser that I got in gwp's. Then I use cerave hydrating cleanser. Don't know what I am going to use when my 2 gwp's run out, lol

Latest posts