MAC 2012 "Making Pretty" Couture Collection Discussion (December 2012)

Pinkdollface

I think she wrote that she wasn't sure, so we can still hope that we get it. I might want to get somehting, but I don't know if I'll have the money for it.
I believe couture collections don't sell well here, so maybe mac decided not to sell them here anymore.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Same here!! But I like that sort of clutch/brush holder or something like that XD
Well, they are so expensive here in Europe that Mac head quarter should expect couture collections won't sell out as the other collections...
iagree.gif

Mac-Guy

I believe couture collections don't sell well here, so maybe mac decided not to sell them here anymore.
Even the price point for the US was high. The MW2 brush was 80 bucks, though I'm happy to pay these prices if I like the design.

pocketmouse

Is it this one?

image.php (600×599)

source: Beauty Behind the Scenes - Woche 40 - Beauty Scene

OK, I'm liking this. I'm
drools.gif
at the luxurious looking extra fluffy powder puff.

Thanx Pinkdollface for the link. I think it says it probably won't be available in the Netherlands, if that's the case then we won't get it in Germany either, I'm pretty sure.
ohboy.gif
Thanks Naynadine! That powder puff is making me drool too, I love the bow on top
eyelove.gif
That clutch and brush set looks adorable as well. Aaah I can't wait for all these upcoming collections.

Prettypackages

jenntoz

I wish the bristles of the brushes were pink too, that would have been so cute, like a new spin on the Diana Ross brushes

Mac-Guy

Any guesses on prices? Last year, the couture l/s were $22, so I guess they will be at least $23 or $23.50 + tax?

Audrey C

This will be an expensive haul. One set, one BU. Several BU's of 3N. Sheer Mystery Powder.

Gosh, November is always an expensive MAC month. :)
I'll almost certainly get the brush set; that's one thing I'm still actively collecting. Do the couture ones have different handles? That will bug me a smidge, but I want the brushes so I'll deal. (Edit: Just saw the handles - don't like them. Hm...decisions, decisions).

I've heard so much about 3N but I think it's too light for me. Most nudes are lighter than my own lips and give me a too pale or concealer lip look that I hate. Maybe this one will be better since it's a lustre; I'll have to swatch it.

mousygiggles

I'll almost certainly get the brush set; that's one thing I'm still actively collecting. Do the couture ones have different handles? That will bug me a smidge, but I want the brushes so I'll deal. (Edit: Just saw the handles - don't like them. Hm...decisions, decisions).

I've heard so much about 3N but I think it's too light for me. Most nudes are lighter than my own lips and give me a too pale or concealer lip look that I hate. Maybe this one will be better since it's a lustre; I'll have to swatch it.
Really? I love how they look!! I am so excited!!!!

Latest posts