MAC Pressed Pigment Collection Discussion (December 2012)

Mac-Guy

... time for a new thread
flower.gif

Gorgeous eyes, from sheer and ethereal for day to intense and illuminating for evening. Shadows in complementary tones offer pigmented effects for a season of creative colour play. MAC innovation creates a highly pearlized, creamy Pressed Pigment that glistens with a shimmering translucent finish when applied dry and high-gloss dramatic coverage when applied wet. 12 colours in stunning shades spotlight the eyes making them glow with brilliant accents. And, for artistic blending, the 215 Medium Shader Brush is the perfect tool for Pressed Pigment technology.

Pressed Pigment
Angelic – Off white (Frost) *
Enlightening – Deep silver (Frost) *
Jet Couture – Charcoal black (Frost) *
Blonde Streak – Light cream (Frost) *
Blue Willow – Light icy blue (Frost) *
Amethyst – Purple with silver undertone (Frost) *
Flicker – Pastel yellow (Frost) *
Sweet Acting – Mid-tone pink (Frost) *
Smoky – Deep silver blue (Frost) *
Light Touch – High pearlized powder in W10 shade (Frost) °*
Day Gleam – High pearlized powder in NC35 shade (Frost) °*
Deeply Dashing – High pearlized powder in NW55 shade (Frost) °*

Brush
215 Brush – Medium Shader Brush (Synthetic Fibre) °

MACina

yahoo.gif
....I am so glad that MAC will release colorful pressed pigments!!!

I think that I will get them all...I love the ones I got from Face & Body.

mallory1712

You know...this just solidifies me being glad I am skipping the EDES from glamour daze...I CANT WAIT FOR THESE PRESSED PIGMENTS
th_thstars.gif

liba

I'm remembering now that one of the colors is a light yellow - I know that'll be really nice with the sparkly pressed pigment effect.

Mac-Guy

I'm remembering now that one of the colors is a light yellow - I know that'll be really nice with the sparkly pressed pigment effect.
Yellow as in gold-yellow or more like Sun Blonde? Either way, it sounds stunning.

liba

Yellow as in gold-yellow or more like Sun Blonde? Either way, it sounds stunning.
My impression was more in the light lemon, pastel direction.

The way my mind was working when I saw all this info was: Pressed Pigments: CHECK. and then only scanned through the color list lightly, since I knew I'd be buying a pile of them no matter what.
heat.gif
Definitely getting the black with gold sparkle - there's zero chance I'd skip that.

Have you tried the silicon sponge applicators for these yet? With all my shadows, I'm finding I automatically reach for my pressed piggies and one of these over and over. The results are impeccable.
bigheart.gif

princess sarah

I gasped when I read this, I said to my local Mac counter when these pigments first came out that I wished they had some in colour and the Mac Gods have answered my calls!!

I am itching to see the full colour story and what is coming out. I can see me depotting the lot of them and putting them into a palette of their own

Mac-Guy

I gasped when I read this, I said to my local Mac counter when these pigments first came out that I wished they had some in colour and the Mac Gods have answered my calls!!

I am itching to see the full colour story and what is coming out. I can see me depotting the lot of them and putting them into a palette of their own
A pressed piggie palette sounds gorgeous. Did you depot the ones you got from F&B?

GlamQueen21

I wish MAC had a palette for the bigger eyeshadows like for the Pressed Pigments and Mega Metals so I can go on a depot frenzy!

MACina

I wonder if they will offer one in the near future.They have released so many bigger e/s recently!
And it would really be helpful for those of you who depot their e/s.
I wish MAC had a palette for the bigger eyeshadows like for the Pressed Pigments and Mega Metals so I can go on a depot frenzy!

liba

OK Listen Up! I double checked the release date on these. It's Dec. 26th, which is great because these will be so awesome for New Year's. I got to see some paper swatches too! There's one that's a gorgeous pearl white with opalescent sparkle! I also saw the black with gold sparkle - OMG! Also saw a light silver that wasn't too bluish and sort of a peachy champagne color. There's going to be a "deep silver", along with the lighter one, plus a lavender and a pastel pink, and that yellow. I think there is a blue too, but no green.

These may become perm! I'm jazzed about that. I honestly love the ones I have even more than the EDES, and we all know how great those are!
pompom.gif

Mac-Guy

Just use the new palette without the insert. A set of colored pressed piggies in a palette with clear lid should look stunning.

Latest posts